IGNORED

HSC Season 4 Week 54: Fast Food

Ze_ro

Important Note: This weeks competition is over and no further scores will be accepted.

STUFF YOURSELF!

Burgers, fries, shakes, pizzas . . . Flying by at sub-gastronomical speeds. You and Mr. Mouth have to catch 'em if you can. The higher the calorie count, the better your score. The more calories you consume the faster the food flies.

But beware the purple pickles! Catch too many and your binge is over.

No matter how much you eat, you'll never gain a pound.

Game Information

• Game Name: Fast Food
  • Released By: Telesys, 1982
  • Left Difficulty: N/A
  • Right Difficulty: N/A
  • Game Mode: Game 1
  • Chosen By: Crazy Climber

Post your scores right here in this thread, and I will add them to the list. Remember to play the game with the recommended game mode and difficulty settings as shown above so that your scores will be consistent with everyone elses. The deadline for posting scores is Thursday, May 17th at 1:30 AM (CST).

If you want to suggest a game for future weeks, please send me a private message and let me know! I will add your game to the list. One one game per person will be kept on the list, so you will not be able to suggest a game until your first game is played! (Please note that due to time constraints, I very rarely reply to private messages... but I do read them all!)

Anyone can play! Just post a score and I'll add you to the list! Please read the Rules & Information if you haven't already done so!

Current High Scores

1. 28,169 (The MindMaster) [+11]
  2. 25,960 (Crazy Climber) [+10]
  3. 11,887 (Deteacher) [+9]
  4. 4292 (Captain Beard) [+8]
  5. 3507 (Rom Hunter) [+7]
  6. 2951 (toymailman) [+6]
  7. 2800 (johnnywc) [+5]
  8. 2422 (atari2600land) [+4]
  9. 2396 (Nathan Strum) [+3]
  10. 1757 (aofl) [+2]
  11. 1486 (Krytol) [+1]
  12. 1175 (SpiceWare) [+1]
  13. 1057 (LarcenTyler) [+1]

Best Tips

• Deteacher [+2]

Bounties and Challenges

• None yet posted

TwinGalaxies Top 3

(Game 1, Difficulty B)
  1. 1,000,000 (Todd Rogers)
  2. 15,746 (Robert T Mruczek)
  3. 11,325 (Christian L Keilback)

Current Standings

(Note: These scores reflect the standing as of the beginning of this week, and do not include points scored from this game.)

1. Coming Soon!

Scoring Points in Fast Food

• Green Pickle - 1 calorie
  • Root Beer - 3 calories
  • Cola - 4 calories
  • Soda Pop - 5 calories
  • Hot Dog - 5 calories
  • Hamburger - 6 calories
  • Ice Cream Bar - 7 calories
  • Milk Shake - 7 calories
  • Ice Cream Cone - 9 calories
  • French Fries - 10 calories
  • Pizza - 10 calories
  • Cheeseburger - 20 calories

Hints and Tips

As always, you really should read the manual. In case you don't have the manual, AtariAge has a typed copy and a scanned copy online for your reading pleasure. Here are the hints it provides:

- The food flies totally at random each game. There are no patterns and no safe spots on the screen.

- Remember there's no penalty for missing food, but it'll slow down your scoring. To get the best scores go after the higher-valued items.

On the faster levels, stay to the far right and just move up and down. When the purple pickles start flying, you'll need all the reaction time you can get.

This is one of those games where you have to learn to just slip away into the zone. I don't really concentrate on the game. I, more or less, just stare blankly at the screen and let my hands take over. It's almost like letting your subconscious take over. One tip that might help is:

Don't try to play the whole board. Play only the top or bottom half as much as you can. That way, you are only dealing with 2 rows of purple pickles...not all 3.

Try to end each round all the way to the right and centered. This will help immeasurably on later stages when those purple pickles come flying at you like a bat out of hell right at the start.
Learn to move in between the purple pickles even when they are tight, there is room to do so.

--Zero

So far 1751. This is a tough game!

This high score club is a great idea. Wish I started sooner.

- How long does a "season" usually run?

- Is there a thread that has a summary list of the games played in the past?

post-10944-1179072547_thumb.jpg

You can check the previous ones by clicking here

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showforum=59

This is one of those games where you have to learn to just slip away into the zone. I don't really concentrate on the game. I, more or less, just stare blankly at the screen and let my hands take over. It's almost like letting your subconscious take over. One tip that might help is:

Don't try to play the whole board. Play only the top or bottom half as much as you can. That way, you are only dealing with 2 rows of purple pickles...not all 3.

I scored over 11K last night. I'll post a pic when I get home tonight (unless I'm able to break that score tonight.) :)

post-12675-1179352293_thumb.jpg 28,169. Learn to move in between the purple pickles even when they are tight, there is room to do so.

Crap, I thought for sure my 25,960 would win. Hope I can find the time for another session :x

You are right though, you can squeeze in between the closely grouped purple pickles, I do it at a slight angle.

Another mistake I find myself making is looking at my score after I eat a purple pickle to see how many points I need to get rid of it, big mistake, I almost always get 2 in a row then.

- How long does a "season" usually run?

In the past, I've only restarted things after suffering a hard drive failure and losing the score file. However, after suffering through years of Maxtor-related suffering, I've learned to be more diligent with my backups, and I'm using a Seagate now, so I have no plans to restart things anytime soon.

- Is there a thread that has a summary list of the games played in the past?

I used to keep an updated list in the rules thread back with the old forum software, but these days all this happens in it's own forum, so I don't bother keeping that updated. The forum listing doesn't really show things in "proper" order, but it should be enough to get the idea.

Anyways, that's the end of this week's edition of the High Score Club. Next game will be posted shortly.

--Zero