IGNORED

Anyone in NYC with a working Vectrex want to help me out?

MrRetroGamer

I am looking for someone who has a working Vectrex in the NYC area (Queens/Nassau would be best). I need to test out a Vecflash cart to see if it works on a Vectrex other than mine - I have 2 carts and both do not work with my Vectrex. I am trying to isolate the problem and I'm working with Richard H., but since he is 1000's of miles away in the UK it makes this process more difficult. We are guessing that they either got damaged in transit (both of them?) or something is different about my particular Vectrex that is causing this issue.

It would only take a few minutes to see if the cart will allow your Vectrex to boot or not. I appreciate anyone who is willing to help. Please pm if you can assist.

I had a Vectrex that would not display Clean Sweep correctly. I thought maybe my multicart was messed up so I bought an actual Clean Sweep cart and it still wouldn't work. Every other game worked perfectly and CS worked on my other Vectrex. I think one of my Vectrex's was made in Japan and the other was made in Taiwan.

I had a Vectrex that would not display Clean Sweep correctly. I thought maybe my multicart was messed up so I bought an actual Clean Sweep cart and it still wouldn't work. Every other game worked perfectly and CS worked on my other Vectrex. I think one of my Vectrex's was made in Japan and the other was made in Taiwan.

Interesting. The one I have says Made in Hong Kong.

Richard H seems to have narrowed down the issue to a resistor on the board, he had me clip it off and then the Vecflash cart worked in my Vectrex. It's odd because no one else has reported this issue, so it still must be due to a slight difference in my Made in Hong Kong Vectrex! :???: