IGNORED

HSC Season 4 Week 60: Robot Tank

Ze_ro

One thing I've noticed -- if your cannons become damaged, only every third press of the fire button will actually fire a shot. However, if you manage to hit something, the next press will work also. So, if you can manage to hit a tank or its missile every time you fire once your cannons are damaged, it'll be as though you've had no damage done to them at all.

Love this game, I don't have the cart but I've got it on the Anthology for PC (for which I paid 89 cents new!) and the emulation is spot-on, and I have no problems whatsoever using an analog joystick on it.

My advice:

Stick and move like a boxer. Use the radar to fire off a shot before you can actually see the enemy tank and try to guide the shot as you sweep across the screen. Do a complete circle and try it again until you get them

Be aggressive. As previously mentioned, you can shoot the enemy missiles or get the tank before the missile gets you

There's no shame in running. Limit your fighting in the rain (you're slower) or in any conditions you're not comfortable in. Use the radar to get the enemy behind you and move forward until conditions improve.

Gettin' better...

post-2641-1182991336_thumb.jpg

A few tips:

• Back-up! If you back straight up with the enemy out in front of you, he cannot shoot you - he'll be too far out of range, and will spend his time trying to catch back up to you. This is a great way to ride out snow storms, or nighttime (if you don't have the hang of using the radar for aiming). It also works if your treads are damaged. Back-up for awhile, then move forward and shoot, and back-up again. You can usually keep away from the other tank, and might be able to take a few of them out.
  • As others have said - use the radar! You can hit as many tanks at night or in fog as you can in the day. Just fire a shot, and move the joystick back and forth rapidly to keep the enemy tank dot straight above the center of the radar. Especially in the early levels, this works great!
  • If the enemy shoots at you, remember: out of sight, out of mind. As soon as his shot is off screen, it's harmless. Backing up will give you more time to react, and shoot his shots if necessary.
  • In the snow, or if your radar and video are knocked out, move forward while turning constantly (joystick held at 45° either left or right), and keep firing. Odds are they won't hit you, and once in awhile you'll hit one of them. It may keep you alive long enough to earn an extra tank.
  • Rain gives you an advantage, since it bogs both tanks down a little bit, and makes aiming more precise. Snow is just the opposite. It's almost better to just avoid the other tank until the snow clears.

Edited by Nathan Strum