IGNORED

HSC Season 4 Week 64: Video Pinball

Ze_ro

That's right, you heard me!

I remembered being really good at this game, but I guess when you go 25 years without doing something, you kinda lose your touch...

At least, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! I put off playing this one all week, figuring it would be a breeze but I guess this is the week I get my ass handed to me on a platter!

Well, here's my entry to the 999,999 club.

Was a bit slow to grab the camera and it rolled before I could snap the pic.

But I mean, there's no way to have the multiplier at 9 and have such a low score otherwise

Not that I think anyone will accuse me of cheating or anything

post-1544-1185404127_thumb.jpg

Tips: Pulling the plunger about half way down will let you shoot the ball, with a bit of nudging, right into the Atari rollover to get that Extra Ball immediately. This will maintain your bumper multipliers too so it's worth getting it out of the way.

Then just park the ball in the left rollover for as long as you can and watch the points fly!

This game has some crazy gravity, the ball is literally fighting you to go in other directions when you nudge

And the collision detection isn't 100%

And Extra Ball is too easy, would have been better if after you hit the Atari Rollover you "lit" the extra ball feature and then had to hit that snowflake in the middle to actually get it

Still, a fun game if you crank up the difficulty

If the bumpers weren't square it could also slow down the rollover score "cheat"

Maybe more of a diamond shape would have worked

Here's a tip for the Atari rollover: If you can get the ball in the lower right corner of the screen (see circle, below), you can repeatedly nudge it up and left to bounce the ball high enough to clear the top of the rollover. It will drop in, almost straight down, allowing you to bounce it off the bumper and easily rack up a free ball.

post-2641-1185412686_thumb.jpg