IGNORED

Collectors Editions

moycon

• 1 month later...

I'll be skipping this RE6 collectors edition...

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/resident-evil-6-premium-edition-priced-over-1-210532422.html

The latest from Resident Evil maker Capcom, though, is pretty staggering: a ¥105,000 bundle (approximately $1,300) that comes with some Evilgoodies.

Kotaku reports that the eagerly awaited Resident Evil 6 "Premium Edition" will include a copy of the game, four branded tablet covers of the game series' famous characters (Chris, Leon, Jake, and one yet to be revealed), and a leather jacket modeled on protagonist Leon's iconic look. The jacket comes in S, M, L, and XL.

these days 'collectors edition' is a misnomer. none of this shit is ever going to be a valuable collectible. i picked up the 'limited' halo 3 legendary edition for like $40 a few years back. it sits worthless, collecting dust. when i tire of it i'll have to throw it out, i doubt i'd get $1 for it.

these days 'collectors edition' is a misnomer. none of this shit is ever going to be a valuable collectible. i picked up the 'limited' halo 3 legendary edition for like $40 a few years back. it sits worthless, collecting dust. when i tire of it i'll have to throw it out, i doubt i'd get $1 for it.

I dunno, Have you tried to get a copy of Tales of Vesperia (Special Edition)? How about Mass Effect (LCE)? Maybe the original BioShock (Limited Edition)

I just checked eBay completed auctions for your Halo 3 legendary edition. If you've kept all the contents in good shape, or even better unopened. It looks like it's worth a considerable amount more than $1.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_sadis%3D200%26_ipg%3D50%26LH_SALE_CURRENCY%3D0%26_from%3DR40%26_sacat%3D0%26_samihi%3D%26_samilow%3D%26_fpos%3D%26_udhi%3D%26_oexkw%3D%26_udlo%3D%26_adv%3D1%26_nkw%3Dhalo%25203%2520legendary%2520edition%26LH_Complete%3D1%26_dmd%3D1%26_okw%3D%26_fsct%3D%26_sop%3D16 (The green numbers are the Halo 3 LE that sold)

I'll admit though, the majority of these CE's eventually aren't worth very much. I should know, I have around 30+ of em!!

My $69.99 Collectors Edition of Perfect Dark Zero is now worth around $8.99! DOH!!

I just sold a Mass Effect 1 CE on ebay for $420. It makes me question why I have actual rare games taking up storage space when a game that came out a few years back can fetch such an artificially high price.

I used to get one of every Xbox/360 title, which made getting collectors editions fairly painless. I've changed teams since then and have to buy things for myself. Now that I have to pay actual money the only collector's edition I'd really consider buying nowadays is one with a cloth map.

Yea, the Perfect Dark CE gets me every time I see it at GameStop or on-line. I still have it sitting faithfully on my shelf though.

FRP - seriously....$420??? I'm honestly surprised to hear that. That's what you actually got for yours....not an eBay 'BIN' price that you saw or something? Gosh, I've sworn away from selling any of my games, something that I've done in the past only to regret for the most part. However, while I have both ME 2 & 3, I got such a good deal on the bosed version of 2 ($10) that I went for that, and for 3 I couldn't even find a CE. So, for $400 bucks I could get myself a standard edition ME1 to match the other two and still make a pretty penny.

Hmmm.