IGNORED

Writting a book wana help me ?

russ

Back then we didn't have the internet, so almost any source of information was welcome. Today a physical printed book may not be the best method of delivery. Not with things becoming dated in a matter of days or weeks. Once a platform has run its course, did all it was going to do, and all that, then maybe a historical recount would be appropriate. IDK!!

That is indeed part of the problem. The Internet is obviously a wonderful resource that often-times makes the need for a printed book irrelevant since it can provide immediate updates. With that said, it's still nice to have a one-stop (single) source for information, and certainly the book format is one of the time tested ways to present information in a clear, concise manner. It's also far less ethereal than information on the Web is. Once you commit to print, it's "forever," whereas even some of the biggest Websites have just up and vanished with only Wayback/Archive.org there to rescue the info. I do think that some of the types of books I've worked on in the past, though, and including the Xbox One one right now, have a future solely as an updatable Web book (maybe even within the next three to five years). There's just no other way to stay on top of the updates. The rest, though, I think, can survive just fine as the usual book/ebook.

I tend to view books and other traditional pre-internet media as filters. This can be a good thing.

Reading material from the internet requires you to cross-correlate and confirm. Sorting through 10 opinions is brain draining, confusing. The internet is more than happy to present you a viewpoint (or 10) that you like, regardless if it is truthful, accurate, beneficial, or not. A dangerous thing if you're not familiar with a topic. When you're learning something it's best to have an authority lay down the framework and provide accuracy. This is something the internet can't do. Simply way too much mis-information and deception.

• Like 1