IGNORED

Wanted please help: 2600 hook-ups and joystick(s)!

Grundy

Hello all. We went to the storage unit this afternoon to paw through some boxes and I located my 2600. :D (We also found some other 'goodies'...PSX cases and a few games, two Genesis systems,a few NES games, etc..)

Anyhow, DOWN side? For the life of me, I couldnt find EITHER of the hook-ups or a single joystick. :( This sucks beyond words as I recently got three 20th Century Fox games that I have never owned before, and cannot PLAY them...RRRRRR!! I have the cord that comes from the system itself, but need both the AC and the little game/TV switchbox. I had a BOXfull of various joysticks and pads at one time, but hell if I know what became of them. I had heard something about using a Genesis pad on the 2600 because they have the same pins, is this true?

I took the housing off and washed the body in hot soapy water, using a toothbrush to get into the grooves and all, it looks brand NEW now! :)

Anyhow, if anyone can help with hook-ups/sticks, please let me know! Oh...I'd love a set of GOOD paddles as well...Super Breakout is one of my favorite games of all time.

Thanks.

:)

-Joe

The Genesis controllers will definitely work. The "B" button is the fire button. The other two buttons do nothing.

Thanks. :) So then the D-pad behaves as the joystick, or?

Do you happen to have a spare AC or switchbox, or have any leads on where I might grab either?

Thanks again...

-Joe