IGNORED

WANTED: GameBoy Advance games

Grundy

Hello all. My girl and I are always in the market for GOOD GBA games. I'm all about a good swap, as several good folks here will vouche for. We are mainly into the "platform" variety, but any decent title will do. Please see my trade list for most of what I have to offer. I have everything from a Light Sixer to a 7800 to a PSOne to an NES, and everything in between, just ask. Here are some titles that we are keen on:

-Anything Pokemon

-Anything Zelda

-Any Castlevania games EXCEPT for Harmony of Dissonance

-Wade Hixton's Counter Punch

-Any 1st person shooter EXCEPT for Wolfenstein 3D

-Any GOOD beat-em-up (along the lines of Streets of Rage, Double Dragon, Final Fight, etc..)

-Any GOOD shooters (Gradius, Salamander, Gates of Zendocon..games of this nature..)

We are fairly new to the GBA scene, so I'm pretty much just going by series/genres that I know we enjoy, looking at places such as IGN for highly-rated games.

Anyhow, if you have anything that fits the bill, shoot me a PM!

Thanks

:)

-Joe

Wolf 3D is the only good FPS for GBA. DOOM 1 and 2 are kinda iffy...1 runs well, and looks alright, but is missing lots of stuff from the PC version. 2 is a bit more faithful to the original, but runs sluggish, and went overboard on brightening up the game for the original GBA. Haven't played any other FPS that was worth more than five minutes of my time.

-Any GOOD beat-em-up (along the lines of Streets of Rage, Double Dragon, Final Fight, etc..)

Advance Guardian Heroes is one of the best beat-em-ups I've ever played on any console. I haven't played the original Saturn game, but the GBA sequel is just fantastic. I've been seeing it and Gunstar Superheroes (another great Treasure game) in bargain bins lately for $10 (at Best Buy and KB Toys), so keep an eye out.

Wolf 3D is the only good FPS for GBA. DOOM 1 and 2 are kinda iffy...1 runs well, and looks alright, but is missing lots of stuff from the PC version. 2 is a bit more faithful to the original, but runs sluggish, and went overboard on brightening up the game for the original GBA. Haven't played any other FPS that was worth more than five minutes of my time.

Advance Guardian Heroes is one of the best beat-em-ups I've ever played on any console. I haven't played the original Saturn game, but the GBA sequel is just fantastic. I've been seeing it and Gunstar Superheroes (another great Treasure game) in bargain bins lately for $10 (at Best Buy and KB Toys), so keep an eye out.

Guardian Heroes, eh? Hmmm..thanks...I'll do that. :cool: I have Gunstar..it kicks all sorts of ass...the scaling and rotation blows the mind. As far as FPSs, well, I have played one of those "Sever" games, wasn't half bad. There are supposed to be others..superior to Wolfenstein...IGN had a whole feature on GBA FPSs.

By the by...have YOU got any GBA games to swap? There are so many I missed out on over the years, and now that "DS" and PSP rule the marketing roost, I figured that its a good time to get more familiar with my little portable SNES. :) (Thats WHEN I get to play it that is...ughhh...when she gets an RPG or a Pokething game, forget it...I dont even SEE my GBA for a few days...;))

I'm assuming that you are a GBA fan yourself, or? If so, whats YOUR opinion of the "Brighter Screen" models? I looked at one for a brief few seconds and I was FLOORED....I very much want one now..

Thanks for the advice..

-Joe

Castlevania Circle of the Moon was dismal i never finished it i couldn't it was that bad, with the strange combine cards to get different powers and walking from one end of the castle to the other over and over...terrible. Aria of Sorrow is the Castlevania game to get for the GBA i'm about on my fourth or fifth time going through the game and still finding cool new things!

Final Fight One is a very enjoyable game! Lot of replay value for that one.

And one you may not have come across is the Masters of the Universe game. It is not bad at all it has that odd 3/4 overhead view angle but it is very playable.

I'll keep my eyes out for any GBA games on your list (there is a used game shop near me that sometimes has good deals on games)

Thanks Kroogur. We have the MOTU game...its not bad, just a little dull, which is a shame cause my fiancee and I both LOVE that property...our collection of figures and such would rival a museum! :lol: I'll remember that Castlevania game you mentioned and look for it...

As for Final Fight, odd that you'd mention that...a flea market near me has it for $7....worth it?

We have about 30 GBA games thus far, but we regularly trade them in for others that we enjoy more. (I'm kind of particular, and one of the guys that I do business with in the area does even swaps for me, so....)

Thanks

-Joe

Not really i just started getting more games for the system myself i got the system awhile back and forgot about it and then when we moved it got packed away and im still finding the odd game here an there but i never got too many i'll check and if i have anything i'll pm you.

By the by...have YOU got any GBA games to swap?

Not really, most of my games are keepers. I'm not so much of a collector like most people on this board...I just get what's fun.

If so, whats YOUR opinion of the "Brighter Screen" models?

I haven't seen one in person, so I can't say. I just use my DS for GBA, and on the rare occasion someone wants to do some multiplayer, I have to suffer with my old non-lit GBA =/ I like the ergonomics of the original GBA a lot more, but that dark screen is just terrible. I've been tempted to get a broken SP off eBay and try to mod the screen into mine, but the price always shoots up too high, and we rarely do multiplayer anymore anyway.

_ U M P ! (My _ key has officially DIED on my laptop...RRRR...I tried fiddling with the contacts, ZIP..its void...:()

Anyhow...

Still in the market for GOOD games. Namely:

-Pokemon (for my fiancee..I SWEAR!!)

-Castlevania

-Metroid

-etc.

Also, any interesting accessories/peripherals. _TW...whats this "flash card" thing I'm hearing of?? Please dont tell me there is a way to "put" SNES games on a cart that plays on my G_A...OMG...I'd just a_out have a full release at that notion!! :P

Have plenty to swap....

-Joe

Hi, Grundy.

I actually don't have any GBA games to trade, but I thought I would jump in on the flashcart thing.

You can technically put SNES games on a cart that play on your GBA, but they are limited to the emulator that you use to run them. I haven't checked the SNES emulation scene on GBA/DS for over a year, but it was coming along.

That aside, you can also put any GBA game on the flashcart and run it. This is, of course, illegal. If you are okay with that, the sky is the limit. You may also consider this method to be a way of discovering which GBA games you want to purchase. It depends on how you feel about what you are doing.

I haven't checked the SNES emulation scene on GBA/DS for over a year, but it was coming along.

SNES emu on GBA hasn't changed at all, it still sucks.

There's an emulator on the DS that isn't half bad, though. Runs quite a lot of games, but a lot of them have a few problems with the layer orders.