IGNORED

Video Games with Cadillacs!

Charlie Cat

I love classic cars and Cadillacs were some of the best. I would love to have a 59 Fleetwood Sixty-Special convertible.

Also a 73 or 74 Ford Falcon XB GT. The one in the pic below is a 74. Too bad we didn't get these in the States.

74falxb.jpg

This is my toy; A 63 Ford Galaxie 500. Sadly it needs the engine rebuilt since the rings are shot.

post-10357-1200069360_thumb.jpg

I second the vote to have a classic car thread since this one is fast becoming just that. :D

Hi:

The Ford Falcon & Galaxie were some tough "Momma Jammas". Cool Choices. Any love for the LTD & Maverick? Hell even the Mid-size Fairmont?

Anthony....

these were my babies..........

kencar.jpg

Hi:

Ah..... A Chevy man, Viva Monte Carlo!! I always were into them, but I could never could get my hands on them. A Chevy Caprice was always easier for me. I dunno why.

Anthony.....

I love Montes! the top 2 are actual one in the same. it was my first car back in 1989. it was a black monte ss. I wanted to change it a bit so I got a hood scoop and TA spoiler and painted it yellow a couple of years later.

the bottom 2 is another one I bought a couple of years later after I got into an accidetn with the first one. The second was a 1984 CL and I swapped parts off my wrecked one to make it look like the first. I added a turbo hood and ground effects. believe it or not, I actually pained it forest green befor I chose yellow again. it finally died on me in 1999. :(

in 2001, I bought a 89 convertible camaro and yes....I painted it yellow again!

Hello!1st of all,thank you fdurso224,for the invitation to participate in your thread!.Yes,I'm a car buff,American classic cars that is.I have a silver 1986 V6,2.8Litre, Pontiac Fastback Fiero GT,the one that has "PONTIAC" lit up in the back light lenses.We have car shows here in the summer,and the Fiero section is the most populated!.Yeah,the car had its problems,especially the 4cyl fieros,but so did the 1st incarnation of the new style 84 corvettes with electrical fires,all cars have problems,doesnt mean they're crap cars.The fiero got a bad name cus of the 4 cyl fieros with the engine fires.The 6 cyl fieros are great!,especially the 88 fieros,which is the last year they were made.

Edited by Rik

Hello!1st of all,thank you fdurso224,for the invitation to participate in your thread!.Yes,I'm a car buff,American classic cars that is.I have a silver 1986 V6,2.8Litre, Pontiac Fastback Fiero GT,the one that has "PONTIAC" lit up in the back light lenses.We have car shows here in the summer,and the Fiero section is the most populated!.Yeah,the car had its problems,especially the 4cyl fieros,but so did the 1st incarnation of the new style 84 corvettes with electrical fires,all cars have problems,doesnt mean they're crap cars.The fiero got a bad name cus of the 4 cyl fieros with the engine fires.The 6 cyl fieros are great!,especially the 88 fieros,which is the last year they were made.

Hi Rik:

Your welcome. Like to help a car buff out!

I have a 1986 Yugo GV. It was Brand new in 1985 at $3990. Making it the cheapest car in America. Yugo lasted from 1985-1993, the last consumer year for the Yugo was 1991. My Yugo was the very early version of it. Even though its a 86 model, it was introduced in 1985. Its the basic entry version in which the model was a GV with a 1.1L with 31,873 miles on it. The car has a Fiat 1100cc engine in it & the blueprints for the Yugo was based off the Fiat 128 models. Yugo never made the motors, Fiat did. I love the attention I get with this Yugo. Some people haven't seen one in years!! The Serbs & Albanians love this car!

Anthony....

Hi:

The Ford Falcon & Galaxie were some tough "Momma Jammas". Cool Choices. Any love for the LTD & Maverick? Hell even the Mid-size Fairmont?

Anthony....

I like just about ever classic vehicle there is. Older cars have so much class and character to them whereas today's all look like they rolled off the same assembly line. I must admit I do prefer the large sized auto's the best. If it can be classified as a "land yacht" then I want it. :D

Hi:

Anthony....

I like just about ever classic vehicle there is. Older cars have so much class and character to them whereas today's all look like they rolled off the same assembly line. I must admit I do prefer the large sized auto's the best. If it can be classified as a "land yacht" then I want it. :D

Hi Guys:

Cool, that's Far-Out Man (-_^). How about the new "Nano" that Cut-Throat Price" car by Tata Motors of Indiana. MSRP $2,500 & Up, 53 Per Gallon, 2 Cylinders, 30 HP & 65 Mph Max. Wild Man....

Anthony....

Edited by fdurso224

Everything today is making things light & "CUT, CUT, CUT". A new vehicles lifespan is around 5 or 6 years. The Chassis are made of Cheap Indian, Chinese or South Korean Aluminium/Steel (87% Aluminum, 13% Steel) Where's our Pittsburgh Steel these days??

Also back in the day, remember car owners manuals had the Chassis blueprint layouts! If you ever wanted to restore the Pittsburgh in your car, the manual had all the #'s!!!

Anthony....

I'd like to post pics of my Fiero's,i dont have a digital cam.I tried the bitmap format,didnt work.Is there a way to post pics without a digital cam?thanx.Right you are about cut,cut,cut!.Something kind of funny happened about 10 years ago.Will driving my fiero,this car on my right was staring at this girl walking on the sidewalk,and didnt watch where he was going,failed to see the car parked beside curb ahead,and BANG!!.I swear i could not believe how this car crunched up like an accordian!!!!The car,and i kid you not,crunched up almost to half size,and he wasnt even going that fast!,maybe 55-60 km/hr.Man i felt sorry for the guy,who doesnt look at girls while driving!.All fiero's gas tanks are mounted underneath the car,of course,but,BETWEEN THE SEATS!!!!!!,that has me worried a little.Kind of a death trap.But the way cars are built nowadays,you have almost nil chance of getting out without serious injuries or death.The cars of the 70's and before were built with heavy gauge steel,not like the pop cans today.But theres weight for fuel efficiency,and pollution restrictions today that have to be met by manufacturers,so everything is built with light materials like aluminum,like engine blocks,the one on my 98 plymouth cracked 2 times already,geez!I feel a hell of alot safer in an old classic muscle car,ill tell you that!

Edited by Rik

I'd like to post pics of my Fiero's,i dont have a digital cam.I tried the bitmap format,didnt work.Is there a way to post pics without a digital cam?thanx.Right you are about cut,cut,cut!.Something kind of funny happened about 10 years ago.Will driving my fiero,this car on my right was staring at this girl walking on the sidewalk,and didnt watch where he was going,failed to see the car parked beside curb ahead,and BANG!!.I swear i could not believe how this car crunched up like an accordian!!!!The car,and i kid you not,crunched up almost to half size,and he wasnt even going that fast!,maybe 55-60 km/hr.Man i felt sorry for the guy,who doesnt look at girls while driving!.All fiero's gas tanks are mounted underneath the car,of course,but,BETWEEN THE SEATS!!!!!!,that has me worried a little.Kind of a death trap.But the way cars are built nowadays,you have almost nil chance of getting out without serious injuries or death.The cars of the 70's and before were built with heavy gauge steel,not like the pop cans today.But theres weight for fuel efficiency,and pollution restrictions today that have to be met by manufacturers,so everything is built with light materials like aluminum,like engine blocks,the one on my 98 plymouth cracked 2 times already,geez!I feel a hell of alot safer in an old classic muscle car,ill tell you that!

Hi:

Man, you can say that again brother. My 1986 Honda Civic Motor had to be rebuild several times. I thought (in the beginning) that Japanese Cars are great. But to be honest, "There not so Hot" after all. The truth is that new cars (especially Japanese Cars) are really for short term use) those I4 cylinders are not meant to last over 100,000 & there already at the Junk Yards! The biggest mistake was introducing "Timing Belts" to replace "Timing Chains" in which the Japs used as a cheap alternative for the metal chains. Once those Rubber Belts snap, you damage the Valves on your motor and could also damage the pistons as well. Now your looking for a hefty engine job & seeing if its a Japanese riceburner, your looking to spend $$$$$ money!!

The Americans are reconsidering now with Timing Belts, The Timing Chains can last over 130,000 with out tampering with them & there made out of steel!!The Full-size & SUV'S are back with the chains!

God help those poor souls who buy Hybrids. People think there saving big bucks with them like the Toyota Prius (ugly Son Of A Bitch) however, if it breaks down, who ya gonna go to repair it? The dealer Naturally. Unfortunately, they don't have the proper technicians, experience, & tools to handle them little trouble-makers yet & it'll probably take 10-20 years to catch up to them & then they'll probably modify the hybrids again & will recycle the whole situation anew. To make matters worse, if there's severe harm to a Hybrid, your looking at double the price, compared to a traditional Gasoline Vehicle!!

Anthony....

I'd like to post pics of my Fiero's,i dont have a digital cam.I tried the bitmap format,didnt work.Is there a way to post pics without a digital cam?

First, how did you get the "bitmap format" pic that you tried to post, without a digital camera? Second, you don't need a camera to convert .BMP images to another more web-friendly format. You need some kind of image editing software, like Corel Photo-Paint, JASC Paint Shop Pro, Adobe Photoshop, AOL, GIMP, etc. Then all you need to do is load the image, crop or resize it to some reasonable size (typically 1000 pixels wide or less) do a "Save as..." another format, and finally choose a compression or quality setting (don't use the best quality setting for posting to the web; you can take it down at least 10-25% without too much degradation, for most images).

Edited by A.J. Franzman

Hey Anthony!Do you get those car tv shows out there in New York?.I get Car Crazy,Jackson-Barrett Classic Car Auction,and a couple others,Great shows!.I was looking through family photo albums the other day,and found pics of my 2 sisters boyfriends cars.One guy had a PINTO,and the other a GREMLIN.This was in the 70's of course.I remember the pinto looking pretty cool,it was jacked up,fat tires in the back,and had cool cragar mags,nice looking little car!Those gremlins are considered the ugliest cars ever,i actually like their looks,but still classics.My first car,when i was 17 was,i cant remember the year,i think it was a 77,or a 78,Dodge dart,the one that looks like the Demon and the Duster,not the long Swinger dart.Anyway,those were the coolest looking cars back then, jacked up with nice mags.It was a Slant-6,the most reliable car i have ever seen in my life,Just one drawback,you had to keep extra Ballast resistors in the glove box cus they had a tendency to blow every once in a while,but like i said, all cars have their weaknesses and problems.

Edited by Rik

I'd like to post pics of my Fiero's,i dont have a digital cam.I tried the bitmap format,didnt work.Is there a way to post pics without a digital cam?

First, how did you get the "bitmap format" pic that you tried to post, without a digital camera? Second, you don't need a camera to convert .BMP images to another more web-friendly format. You need some kind of image editing software, like Corel Photo-Paint, JASC Paint Shop Pro, Adobe Photoshop, AOL, GIMP, etc. Then all you need to do is load the image, crop or resize it to some reasonable size (typically 1000 pixels wide or less) do a "Save as..." another format, and finally choose a compression or quality setting (don't use the best quality setting for posting to the web; you can take it down at least 10-25% without too much degradation, for most images).

I scanned a pic of my Fiero with my flatbed cannon scanner,saved to my pc,which stored as bitmap,and tried to upload that here,didnt show up or it was taking forever to show up,dont know.Thanx for the info,ill give it a try.

Edited by Rik

Hey Anthony!Do you get those car tv shows out there in New York?.I get Car Crazy,Jackson-Barrett Classic Car Auction,and a couple others,Great shows!.I was looking through family photo albums the other day,and found pics of my 2 sisters boyfriends cars.One guy had a PINTO,and the other a GREMLIN.This was in the 70's of course.I remember the pinto looking pretty cool,it was jacked up,fat tires in the back,and had cool cragar mags,nice looking little car!Those gremlins are considered the ugliest cars ever,i actually like their looks,but still classics.My first car,when i was 17 was,i cant remember the year,i think it was a 77,or a 78,Dodge dart,the one that looks like the Demon and the Duster,not the long Swinger dart.Anyway,those were the coolest looking cars back then, jacked up with nice mags.It was a Slant-6,the most reliable car i have ever seen in my life,Just one drawback,you had to keep extra Ballast resistors in the glove box cus they had a tendency to blow every once in a while,but like i said, all cars have their weaknesses and problems.

Hi Rik:

I get the Speed Channel here on Cablevision here in NYC. Its pretty cool. I love to see the Classic Car Auctions when there down in Arizona.

God Bless AMC!! Now we have to admit, the Gremiln was a "Mirrorcracker" looking car, "HOWEVER" the Gremlin (like the Pacer) was nothing but MOTOR!. AMC gave you accessories on their vehicles, that were originally meant for Luxury Cars!! To bad the French killed AMC.

If there's one thing we know is that Dodge is a "Super" Manufacturer!! The Dart especially!! Now I don't know why people make fun of a Dodge, yet a Dodge would rather fall apart, then let you down. I hope the Dodge Challenger will give the Ford Mustang a "Run for its Money" again.

Tell you what though. When Jeep acquired AMC, they had the "Awesome" Grand Wagoneer!! From 1963-1991 they hardly Changed anything from the Wagoneer! (With the small exceptions of the Rims, Grill, & Headlights for a modern appearance). If you had (for example) a 1989 version & needed to drop a new engine, any wagoneer from 63-91 will work!! The same for everypart under the hood! Even the Carburetor!! The world needs a Wagoneer. In fact, the world needs AMC again!!

Anthony....

Hi:

Man, you can say that again brother. My 1986 Honda Civic Motor had to be rebuild several times. I thought (in the beginning) that Japanese Cars are great. But to be honest, "There not so Hot" after all. The truth is that new cars (especially Japanese Cars) are really for short term use) those I4 cylinders are not meant to last over 100,000 & there already at the Junk Yards! The biggest mistake was introducing "Timing Belts" to replace "Timing Chains" in which the Japs used as a cheap alternative for the metal chains. Once those Rubber Belts snap, you damage the Valves on your motor and could also damage the pistons as well. Now your looking for a hefty engine job & seeing if its a Japanese riceburner, your looking to spend $$$$$ money!!

The Americans are reconsidering now with Timing Belts, The Timing Chains can last over 130,000 with out tampering with them & there made out of steel!!The Full-size & SUV'S are back with the chains!

God help those poor souls who buy Hybrids. People think there saving big bucks with them like the Toyota Prius (ugly Son Of A Bitch) however, if it breaks down, who ya gonna go to repair it? The dealer Naturally. Unfortunately, they don't have the proper technicians, experience, & tools to handle them little trouble-makers yet & it'll probably take 10-20 years to catch up to them & then they'll probably modify the hybrids again & will recycle the whole situation anew. To make matters worse, if there's severe harm to a Hybrid, your looking at double the price, compared to a traditional Gasoline Vehicle!!

Anthony....

Some of the new BMW's don't even have a dip stick for oil. You have to rely on the computer to let you know if the oil level is okay. Basically, most manufacturers outside of GM and maybe Chrysler are making it very hard on the common man to maintain their vehicle without taking it to the shop. I don't have a good image, but I own a '68 Buick Skylark 2 door hardtop. I have owned a '71 Buick Riviera and a '72 Buick Electra 225 as well as another '69 Buick Skylark, so you could say i'm a Buick fan. I'm not much on the new ones though since they are all front wheel drive.

Hi:

All right a Buick Man.... Remember the Buick GSX Stage I & the very rare dealer Stage II? I love that car. Yeah, its rough with the Car Corps, are doing to as. I heard that there also removing the Power Steering Pump on some Chrysler Product Cars. That's progress for ya with that & the dipstick. A Car should be a CAR! Not a Computer!

Anthony.....