IGNORED

Atari Jaguar Revived As Dental Camera

phonedork

who was the guy selling these LCDs?? i lost his email. :(

Yeah that guy is an Atariage member and had several of those RGB LCD monitors as spares. Should have bought one from him. He was able to get the correct horizontal sync (15 hrtz??) for it, that the Jaguar requires to use RGB output. :D

Man!, you know I like those Jaguar portable units but, not sure how comfortable it is to use the controls and thier hella expensive. An option for me would be to get one of these, what 5"? LCD monitors that can use JagRGB and then use my, DC selectable output power supply unit I have plugged into my vehicle's lighter to give power for the Jaguar's needed: 9v DC 1200mA, and then figure out how to power the screen in the car too and (I can run another selectable DC power supply from the battery)......then I could play my Jaguar anywhere using the original controller :cool: and my Jag console as is!! - With that awesome high-res screen. I'll just put my Jag in my attache case and take it to work :D and other places with me and bring it in at night to play after I get my weight lifting and other shit done!

I have to test my variable DC lighter power supply at 9v, in the car, to see what kind of milliamps it has at that setting.

Remo: What is the power requirement of that 5" LCD display? Can you tell us the members AA name who you bought that from, I forgot, if not, I posted in his "LCD monitor thread" and will back search it then. I just want to ask him about the 15 hrtz horizontal sync and where would be the best place to get those monitors now.

Yeah that guy is an Atariage member and had several of those RGB LCD monitors as spares. Should have bought one from him. He was able to get the correct horizontal sync (15 hrtz??) for it, that the Jaguar requires to use RGB output. :D

Remo: What is the power requirement of that 5" LCD display? Can you tell us the members AA name who you bought that from, I forgot, if not, I posted in his "LCD monitor thread" and will back search it then. I just want to ask him about the 15 hrtz horizontal sync and where would be the best place to get those monitors now.

Mike from 8bitdomain was selling them. They are 15Khz but sourcing them may be quite difficult and he built custom controller/power inverter boards for them... Original thread is here

:) Thanks for finding that thread for me RemoWilliams. ;)

It would be cool to still have some of these for if I ever get

an Oberon chip actually working. Getting it to fabricate in

an FPGA from the NET files is like turning assembler back in

to C or some high level language.

However, if it can be done that would mean an entire Jag on

one chip(using a big enough FPGA or maybe two smaller ones),

so a handheld JAg could probably fit in the controller.

That is a long way off since im really no FPGA guru and since I

do not know the legal ramifications of doing so...but I will find

all of that out if I or my associates manage to figure this out.