New stuff for Jaguar devs

Pocket

From Jagware people :

- a Jaguar Gpu Debugger, from Orion

http://www.jagware.org/index.php?showtopic=499&hl=

- Seb updated the Remover's Library, with a new sprite manager

http://removers.atari.org/softs/download.php

I hope these tools will be usefull :)

Thank Orion for stealing my Idea I posted on JSII. Too bad it lack many useful features.

Do you guys have any form of originality whatosever? Any?

You know this is the one you obviously stole. Originality is a good things guys. Learn to get some.

http://jaysmith2000.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=10855

Do you really think we are'nt watching?

so a debugger is something that was never coded before and you were the first to create it ? what a joke...

so because you first had the idea of developping a debugger I should wait months and months for you to release it and not code one myself ?

I had in mind to code a debugger for the gpu for a long time, before you actually post on jsii, but was too lazy to start it, but I was tired of trying to "blind" debug my gpu code on jaguar so I decided to start this debugger, and actually coded it in about 2 days for the initial release, your post is from end of october and there is still nothing released so it's great to post picture of interface "mock-up" but it's better to actually release real stuff, I don't mind if features are missing in my debugger, it's actually enough for me to debug my code, and the sources are available so anyone can add features ...

and talking about the picture you post I don't see any "step" button to debug the code, and your interface is very big taking all the screen with some useless info (like opcode in hex and bin format..)

Edited by Orion_
  • Like 2

Ahh, yes! Gotta love are partisan development community! Paranoia and selfishness running rampant! :(

Me, me, me, gotta keep it all to myself and take all the glory! Delusions of grandeur abound!

It's a good thing I'm happy with what I already have for the Jaguar, so I could care less about many in the current development community!

Edited by Gunstar

Ahh, yes! Gotta love are partisan development community! Paranoia and selfishness running rampant! :(

Me, me, me, gotta keep it all to myself and take all the glory! Delusions of grandeur abound!

It's a good thing I'm happy with what I already have for the Jaguar, so I could care less about many in the current development community!

There's an old saying: Arguing on the internet about development for a long-dead video game console is like winning the special olympics...

• Like 1

There's an old saying: Arguing on the internet about development for a long-dead video game console is like winning the special olympics...

That's an old saying I haven't heard, but I agree. :)

I had in mind to code a debugger for the gpu for a long time, before you actually post on jsii, but was too lazy to start it, but I was tired of trying to "blind" debug my gpu code on jaguar so I decided to start this debugger, and actually coded it in about 2 days for the initial release, your post is from end of october and there is still nothing released so it's great to post picture of interface "mock-up" but it's better to actually release real stuff, I don't mind if features are missing in my debugger, it's actually

My debugger as you call it it fully working now. It was then...It's part of a suite of tools. It's not like you 've not been told

this. It will be released when it is ready with the other tools. IT will work MUCH better with those. Get it. Its just kind of

funny how it looks similar to mine.

Its just kind of funny how it looks similar to mine.

you should put your glass on, 2 windows for you, one for me, no step button, 2 register list instead of one editbox per register for you, pict for each register and line of code whereas you have only text, and so on ...

for the rest, a debugger is a debugger, it have obvious similarities.

Edited by Orion_
  • Like 1

lmao....you gotta luv it.

the jag development community is so sad you have to laugh about it....think about what people could accomplish if people actually worked together.

From Jagware people :

- a Jaguar Gpu Debugger, from Orion

http://www.jagware.org/index.php?showtopic=499&hl=

- Seb updated the Remover's Library, with a new sprite manager

http://removers.atari.org/softs/download.php

I hope these tools will be usefull :)

Thank you!! I really do appreciate all efforts made for better development on the Jaguar.

This forum never ceases to amaze me. Ripping into other devs for creating a freely available debugger? That's just too much.

You're right Sauron, and everyone else here....in just about every case this may happen...except this one.....

There is a history between Orion and I. It's a little different than it may come across.

This guy fired the first shot along time ago and normally it would not care, this particular individual , when it

concerns me is a very diferent story. I have no problem with him releasing what ever he wants. I hope the

community can make good use of it actually. The point is I think he took the idea from mine, and that's fine.

However, this would not be the first time having Orion feeling the need to one up me so I understand you all

coming here and seeing my post and being appauled, but there is a lot more than meets the eye here.

The fact is, this was pointed out to me by others felt the same thing.

Joy to the world, peace on earth, good will toward men. Except of course for those you have old grudges against. For them, there is no forgiveness or good will. Anyone remember the golden rule? Disagreements, arguments, differences of opinion, and people just plain wronging you will happen in life. Forgive and forget. Or else don't expect forgiveness for your wrongs, which we all have committed. I'm just trying to appeal to persons who claim to be God-fearing. Though it's obvious who I'm refering to here.

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 1

Joy to the world, peace on earth, good will toward men. Except of course for those you have old grudges against. For them, there is no forgiveness or good will. Anyone remember the golden rule? Disagreements, arguments, differences of opinion, and people just plain wronging you will happen in life. Forgive and forget. Or else don't expect forgiveness for your wrongs, which we all have committed.

I like the overall idea you have here. But the whole, good will toward men, to me, was just sorta blahh. It could've been better. Next time use something with a little more 2000ish feel to it. I feel you just didn't try hard enough. I feel 5 year old could've done a better job than you. You have no chance of having a successful career as a motivational speaker...

simon-ears.jpg

Joy to the world, peace on earth, good will toward men. Except of course for those you have old grudges against. For them, there is no forgiveness or good will. Anyone remember the golden rule? Disagreements, arguments, differences of opinion, and people just plain wronging you will happen in life. Forgive and forget. Or else don't expect forgiveness for your wrongs, which we all have committed.

I like the overall idea you have here. But the whole, good will toward men, to me, was just sorta blahh. It could've been better. Next time use something with a little more 2000ish feel to it. I feel you just didn't try hard enough. I feel 5 year old could've done a better job than you. You have no chance of having a successful career as a motivational speaker...

simon-ears.jpg

Oh well, regardless if you think it was a weak plea, I tried. I've got no ill-will to anyone, including you. The balls in your court.

Forgive and forget. Or else don't expect forgiveness for your wrongs, which we all have committed. I'm just trying to appeal to persons who claim to be God-fearing. Though it's obvious who I'm refering to here.

Biblical morality lessons are apparently a one way street. Go figure.

In this day and age? Who would have thought! :ponder:

simon-ears.jpg

Oh well, regardless if you think it was a weak plea, I tried. I've got no ill-will to anyone, including you. The balls in your court.

Whos, yours? I have my own thank you. Now if you would please, I would like them back, Thank you.

simon-ears.jpg

Whos, yours? I have my own thank you. Now if you would please, I would like them back, Thank you.

You want mine back? But you never had it in the first place, and as you said, you have your own, which I will give you the benefit of the doubt is true. or are you saying I took yours? :ponder:

Ahh...I see, I left out the apostrophy in "ball's." Cute, but my questions still stand.

Edited by Gunstar

This forum never ceases to amaze me. Ripping into other devs for creating a freely available debugger? That's just too much.

gorf:

...Thank Orion for stealing my Idea I posted on JSII....

...I have no problem with him releasing what ever he wants. I hope the

community can make good use of it actually...

so you have a problem with orions idea (you claim he stole yours) for the jag but then you say you have no problem releasing whatever he wants? which is it? you contradict yourself and leave us confused.

if you didn't have a problem, why do you have to say something negative then? we jag owners are thankful for anything that comes out.

Edited by phuzaxeman

Gorf, sometimes ...

People release free stuff for devs and you cry ?

Do you think, because you have announced something on JSII a long time ago, you have copyrighted the idea of a Jaguar Gpu Debugger ?

Sometimes... you are incredible :/

Edited by Pocket
  • Like 1

Joy to the world, peace on earth, good will toward men. Except of course for those you have old grudges against. For them, there is no forgiveness or good will. Anyone remember the golden rule? Disagreements, arguments, differences of opinion, and people just plain wronging you will happen in life. Forgive and forget. Or else don't expect forgiveness for your wrongs, which we all have committed. I'm just trying to appeal to persons who claim to be God-fearing. Though it's obvious who I'm refering to here.

YEs no forgiveness...just like this post..you not forgiving me. Not that I asked for it either...I dont need

you to forgive me for pointing out your obvious issues on JSII. Follow me around and mess with me here

if you want Gunstar. You dont have the same allies on JSII.

Edited by Gorf