IGNORED

HSC Season 5 Week 20: H.E.R.O.

Ze_ro

By the way, I only have 2 games left in my list of future games (and one of them I've been intentionally delaying for reasons I prefer not to mention yet).... so send me a message and suggest some more games!

Well, I now have enough submissions to last about five and a half months! Those of you who suggested multiple games, I've added those to the list too... though when your first game is chosen, you drop back to the end of the list before the second game comes around.

I just finished going through all my CIB games (not quite 500) to test them all. I only found one DOA cart. It was in my NIB Dice Puzzle (yes I opened it). Arghhh! Now I will have to find a loose one somewhere. The only NIB game I didn't open was my GLIB. How much value is lost for GLIB going from NIB to CIB?

Well, at least you could sell it as "confirmed working!" ;) We're not likely to see it in the HSC any time soon though.

--Zero

I wonder what my secret is... :ponder:

Where you frying the game. :ponder: :P

Essentially. But more accurately, I just cheated. :cool:

My actual best score so far is 99,415

To achieve the huge score above, I ended a game at 99300-something and got so pissed at missing my previous high that I pounded my fist into the coffee table (Tip: Don't do this) causing the game to reset, but somehow leaving my previous score intact. Then, I played another round, adding the score of the second game to the first.

I just couldn't resist knocking homerwannabee off his highscore horse, even if only for a few illegitimate hours. :D

Anyone else ever had this happen?

P.S. Sorry, Ze_ro, for messing with your tabulations. If I'd known you were gonna update the high scores this morning, I never would have done it!

post-10225-1201547392_thumb.jpg

Edited by Captain Beard

I wonder what my secret is... :ponder:

Where you frying the game. :ponder: :P

Essentially. But more accurately, I just cheated. :cool:

My actual best score so far is 99,415

To achieve the huge score above, I ended a game at 99300-something and got so pissed at missing my previous high that I pounded my fist into the coffee table (Tip: Don't do this) causing the game to reset, but somehow leaving my previous score intact. Then, I played another round, adding the score of the second game to the first.

I just couldn't resist knocking homerwannabee off his highscore horse, even if only for a few illegitimate hours. :D

Anyone else ever had this happen?

P.S. Sorry, Ze_ro, for messing with your tabulations. If I'd known you were gonna update the high scores this morning, I never would have done it!

I definitely have interesting luck. I have the high score all week and it never gets posted. Then a bogus score shows up and gets posted in a hour. I have to admit that was a nice prank Captain Beard. It would of made a good April Fools joke. :D :cool:

:x :x :x :x

Seriously, my inability to break 100,000 on this game is really starting to try my patience.

Seriously.

:x

That said, I just did a little experimenting and here's a tip: As long as you're not standing on the platform you planted the bomb on, you will not die in the explosion, no matter how close you are. This is useful on some of the later boards where there's a wall on a narrow ledge. You can plant the bomb, step off the platform and simply hover right next to it and no harm will come to your H.E.R.O. when the bomb takes out the wall.

Another tip: If you need to get airborne, it's quicker to step off a ledge then to push up from a standing position -- your prop-pack will automatically kick on when there's nothing but air beneath your feet. Just remember to push up as soon as you step off the ledge -- gravity is stronger than your prop-pack!

Edited by Captain Beard

Another tip: If you need to get airborne, it's quicker to step off a ledge then to push up from a standing position -- your prop-pack will automatically kick on when there's nothing but air beneath your feet. Just remember to push up as soon as you step off the ledge -- gravity is stronger than your prop-pack!

You can run across the two smallest-sized gaps using this technique, too. Just hold the stick up and in the direction you're running, and you'll run right across them.

Wow I need to show up around here more, I just saw this topic tonight (monday) and look what I accomplished in an hour of game play, not bad but dang am I a noob compared to the high scores!

High score pic

87,685! Not too shabby for one night.

Can I ask how you post pics on the site like that? I had to link it from Photobucket.

Edited by vintagegamecrazy

Wow I need to show up around here more, I just saw this topic tonight (monday) and look what I accomplished in an hour of game play, not bad but dang am I a noob compared to the high scores!

High score pic

87,685! Not too shabby for one night.

Can I ask how you post pics on the site like that? I had to link it from Photobucket.

Hit the browse button. Then look for the picture on your computer and upload. Simple as that.

I finally made it to level 14, but with 4000 fewer points than my previous high. :x

Tip: To get past the fast moving snake in the narrow shaft on level 10, drop straight down the shaft without hesitating, turn to the left and fire as you go past. If you do hesitate (ie. use the prop pack) go back up to the previous screen and drop again and your timing will always be perfect!

Edited by aftermac