IGNORED

Anyone collect Atari magazines? Anyone trying to get them all?

Ross PK

Just name your price, stick in in an envelope, GBP 2.50 postage stamp, and I'll take it off your hands. Have you got PP?

Once I end up getting the same magazine again with the front and back pages I'll send it you. I don't have paypal.

Is £2.50 the p&p then? Would I have to pay anything else, like would I still have to buy a normal stamp too? I'd like to make sure of the p&p, so am I supposed to weigh it in a post office and then tell someone behind the desk how much it weighs? :? :?

(Actually too many people have 8/ 16, I cringe when I read those now, awful)

Hmmm, what do you mean?

Just read my reviews...bad writing, wrong English, no editing...but it was fun (when it was most popular we even managed to put it in the high street magazine shops. That was a great thrill).

As for the AU Aug 88, according to Royal Mail website, a 280 grams envelope from UK to Germany is 2 pounds. Buy a 2 pound stamp, A4 envelope, and here: Thomas Holzer, Hauptstr 75, 56332 Lehmen, Germany...easy. Look here for UK postal prices under ...Printed Papers, Europe: http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content...;mediaId=400347

But i gotta pay you somehow back for the troubles, I can send you a cheque from my Nationwide Bank. Let me know when you're ready (once you got a replacement), I let you know if I received one meanwhile.

It's okay, I'll send it you for free, £2.00 is nothing.

I'm still not sure what you mean about 8/ 16, was it a magazine that you used to write? What was the name of it?

I only had a few issues (about 4) of BaPAUG's 8/16

BTW Thomas H...There was nothing wrong with your articles, even though i never owned a 2600/7800 games system

I've also got some issues (i think 4) of S.T LOG (i think i got them with the antics/analogs i had)

Also got several orig. LACE S/F magazines (no disks)

And i think 1 issue of an american Atari magazine called 'Atari Interface' or something like that...The Editor was someone called Patti Rayl or something like that

Edited by carmel_andrews
  • Like 1

Hey thanks, Carmel, best of it was that it was fun, we always went to the shows in London (PCW, Atari Show....etc) and we met all those great people and programmers (Jeff Minter, Level 9 people, US Gold, people from Atari UK, Les Ellingham). I should have taken pictures, and asked for autographs at the time. Always managed to sell loads of 8/ 16 fanzines at the shows.

I loved going to the AMS later too, good trip by car from Bournemouth/Reading to Stafford/Uttoxeter. That was a Retro exhibition before 'retro' was coined. Sad when that folded.

After 8/ 16 I wrote a few articles for UK Lynx User/Atari Entertainment, that was fun too, we always visited Atari Slough for the latest news:

atarifanzine.jpg

After that, I wrote for UK Retrogames, where I was voted 'Best fanzine writer of the year' by UK readers (Can't have been many :-)

retrogamesfanzine.jpg

In between I wrote for USA fanzines: The 2600 Connection and Digital Press:

connectionfanzine.sized.jpg

DPfanzine.sized.jpg

Last, I wrote for UK Retro Classix, but as Jason Moore of Retrogames stated: The internet made fanzines irrelevant:

retroclassixfanzine.jpg

Edited by thomasholzer
  • Like 1

Someone i know in Ashford had a copy of an Atari Published Magazine, can't remember what it was called, it was the one with Paul Daniels (Famous TV Magician, a'la David Copperfield) picture in

Thomas H...Never come across Retrogames before but I do have a couple of old old issues of Retro classix i think it was produced by the same person that started up the retro section of CEX (Computer EXchange), he later went on to set up his own retro games shop in shepherds bush, west london after a falling out with the managment of CEX (FROM WHAT I HEARD) I dunno if that shop is still going as I only went to it once (the guy recognised me from CEX) as I don't live in that part of London

Just out of interest though...Are there still any retro games shops in the UK (Apart from the one i mentioned and the computer games exchange in notting hill) either online ones or 'bricks and mortar' jobs

Hello Carmel,

Jason Moore used to work for CEX (as stated in his interview in Retro Gamer), started Retro Games fanzine and shop (Bletchley or somewhere):

http://www.retrogames.co.uk/

Retro Classix I got involved pretty late, 4 more issues and then they folded. Done the Odyssey review for the last issue.

The Paul Daniels magazine was Ataris own Input Output (was it called that? Cannot remember)

Edited by thomasholzer

• 1 year later...

Hello Thomas and Co.

Where do I start ......

Thomas please get in contact.

I still have some copies of issues 14 to 16 of 8:16, all other got lost when I moved.

If anyone has copies of earlier issue, I would very much like to have copies.

Regards,

Colin Hunt

Editor - 8:16 and glad I did it.

PS: I have thought about scanning the issues I have and putting them on the web -- any additional issues to this project would be welcome,

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...

8:16 Fanzine

Does anyone happen to have PDF copies of the above

Ive only got issue 13 and would like to read through them

Some of the later issues can be found on the facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/816Archive.

Also, I believe that Thomas has scanned and posted the rest, but I can't find the link at the moment.

Regards,

__Colin

Some of the later issues can be found on the facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/816Archive.

Also, I believe that Thomas has scanned and posted the rest, but I can't find the link at the moment.

Regards,

__Colin

I sought, for years, issues 4 and 5 of ANALOG. I now have complete ANALOG, all 79 issues plus 8-bit extra and ANALOG compendium.

I also have complete Antic and some books from Antic.

I have lots of extras, but don't think anyone would pay the cost of packaging and shipping them.

Here's a list of extra Antics I made in 2013. I think a deal I made fell thru, so I think I still have the extras.

Here's what I posted here in 2013 and got a couple people interested but never completed, if I remember.

I'm not going to go verify I still have them.

The point here is to the original post of 'anyone collecting Atari magazines?'.

vol; issues

2; 11

3; 1,4,6,8,9,11,12

4; 1,2,5,6,9,11,12

5; 1 to 12 (all of volume 5)

6; 1 to 9

7; 1,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,12

8; 1,2,5,6

9; 1

all 51 magazines weigh 25 lbs.