IGNORED

HSC Season 5 Week 24: Megamania

Ze_ro

I think Steve Cartwright should have taken programming lessons from the person that made Mr. Postman. I like that game better.

Now, now...

Mr. Cartwright also programmed two of my fave Activision games -- Seaquest and Frostbite -- so I'm not willing to condemn him solely because I find this game to be relatively free of entertainment value. And at least I know what I'm supposed to do in this game -- I've never quite figured out exactly what's going on in Mr. Postman.

I'm not particularily fond of those two games either. I like David Crane's "Grand Prix" and "Freeway". I can't wait until we get to my pick, that is, if we get to play it.

OK, I will try to offer some Advice.

1st wave easy level

Level one: Hold down the fire button and just continue to hit the ships back and forth. First go for the lower two rows of ships. After that go for the top row.

Level two: If you line up the ship right you can shoot the ships one after another. If you miss a couple of times keep an eye out for the lowest one. It can sneak up and hit you.

Level three: Hold down the fire button and just continue to hit the ships back and forth. First go fort the lower to rows of ships. After that go for the top row.

Level four: Same advice as for Level two. Warning though these ships cut a little quicker so keep an eye out!

Level five: Be very careful on how you move your ship. One wrong move and your running right into a laser beam.

Level six: You need to focus one row at a time. Every column needs to have at least one ship hit in order for you to not die. Also one thing also. This is the only time when you can possibly put the control down for a few seconds to stretch your hands. If you have two columns destroyed and on one ship remaining. It is impossible for that ship to kill you if you stay away from it. Be sure though to keep in eye on the time if you are going to do this.

level seven: It is best to try to shoot the flying ties when they are at there highest point. You have a better chance of avoiding a laser beam this way. Also, there are only two ships that are shooting. If you keep an eye out for where these ships are, you should be OK.

Level eight: At first do not move too quickly let the asteroids come to you. Only move if you absolutley have too. Once you widdle down the asteroids to 3 or 4 than you can start to go after them.

Second Wave.

Level one: You should be able to avoid the ships pretty easily. keep your focus up though. This is not a level where you should ever die.

Level two: Remember too take dead aim at these targets. This is a level where avoidance is goal number one. Try to get a feel for where they are going to go.

Level three: For this level be sure to get the first two rows out pretty quickly and then go for the top. This is another level where you should not die. You need to save your lives for the harder levels.

Level four: Remember that you can move your laser into the ships. The best method here is the wiggle method. Wiggle the Joystick while you are firing at them. If you do it right you can knock them out pretty quickly.

Level five: Same advice as wave one.

Level six: Again same advice as wave one. Remember this is another level where you can make it without dieing.

Level seven: Same advice as wave one.

Level eight: With this level you want to start center and try to as many as quickly as possible. Also you getting out of the way is the most important thing in this level. Also constantly fire even when moving out of the way you may be able to hit a few extra asteroids to make it easier if you have to use another life.

Wave three

Level one: this is where the lasers come at you at a much quicker rate. Always be on the look out for the lasers, you need quick reaction time to avoid them. Again take the first two rows out first you will have a better chance of avoiding the lasers doing this.

Level two: There is a sweet spot to this level. It is just left of center. Be sure to position your ship in that area when the level starts. The ships move in such a direction that you can avoid them easier when they chance directions. Also once you hit one ship there will probably be one or two ships coming two right after in succesion. If you do it right you can kill all of them in rapid succession.

Level three: Same as level 1 and two except the lasers are faster to be extremley careful.

Level four: There is a sweet spot to this level as well. Be sure to be 3/4 to the right of the screen. In other words you should be in between the center and the right edge. Once you do that be sure to use the wiggle the stick and fire method at the same time. One thing as well. Search for day light when doing this. If you see an area that has no ships, mover your ship as quickly as possible to the area while holding down the fire button. Once there continue to hold down the fire button. The ships will randomly come in that spot and sometimes you can kill them as they enter.

Level five: Same advice as wave 1 and 2. Except don't move as much. It is extremely easy to run into a laser beam.

Level six: They will come down at a quicker rate. Be sure to hit at least one ship from every column. If you don't there is no way to shoot them once they pass you. Also if there is only one column left you can place your ship right next too the column and hold down the fire button. They will eventually fall right into the line of fire.

level seven: Same as level 1 and 2 except I usually search for an area where there are no ships to hover around.

level eight: Again stay in the center and always keep an eye at avoiding them and moving right back to center after doing so.\

Wave 4

Levels 1 to 7: Same as Wave 3.

Level 8: Stay to center as much as possible. Always at first hold down the fire button. One or two more asteroids hit could mean you saving one more life.