IGNORED

HSC Season 5 Week 33: Crystal Castles

Ze_ro

Wow, this game is much better than I was expecting it to be. Only issue I have is the gems are sometimes hard to see. Don't know how many times I got killed when I thought I'd just collected the last one.

Yeah I had to dust my TV and mess with the brightness to make it a bit easier. This is one time when flicker of some sort would have been nice.

The first time I got to the tree level I died, but got a new high score:

Also, how are people scoring so high on level 1? Do the rolling heads eat gems too? Guess I should read the manual. ;)

They do eat the gems, you hear a beep sound when they get eaten by the enemy. To get the high score, you have to make a mad dash to where the balls are (as they are falling into the level) in order to eat the gems by them before they start moving and eat them.

Edited by Vectorman0

For some reason, I don't like this game. I mean, as far as Atari 2600 games go, it's pretty decent, but there's just something about it that doesn't agree with me... I think it's the controls...

Anyways, my score is 62,168. I might make another attempt if I have the time.

post-17630-1209493928_thumb.png

i read and uderstood that emulators are allowed so here goes! :-)

Emulator: M.A.M.E. 32

Game: Crystal Castles

True emulation: Atari 2600

Score (Final after 3 days!) 85,760

M.A.M.E. 32 emulated coin-op version (Final after a 3-day weekend) 1,875,199 Points :yawn: i WAS tired that weekend LOL! :-)

M.A.M.E. 32 emulated coin-op version (Final after a 3-day weekend) 1,875,199 Points :yawn: i WAS tired that weekend LOL! :-)

I don't think you understood at all

Sorry, but you missed the deadline (you too cosmosiss). Also, I'm confused as to why you're playing the arcade version here... these competitions are just for 2600 games.

--Zero

I've been able to get all the gems on level 1 a few times too. I'll try to nab a screenshot today. Maybe the challenge needs to be altered a little. How about this: Highest score after the first witch level. I've managed to crack 21K after the 1st witch. Again, I'll have to post some screenshots later today.

Not that he needs the help, but should Deteacher get the 2 bonus points for the challenge? He didn't post a score or screenshot, but he said he collected all the gems, which would mean he got the max first level score.

Just thought it was worth mentioning.

I'm assuming that must have been taken care of already, since my name isn't listed under the challenges. I agree that I should not have received those points, since I didn't post a screenshot of it. Thank you, Ze_ro for adjusting the score. :)

Edited by Deteacher

I'm assuming that must have been taken care of already, since my name isn't listed under the challenges. I agree that I should not have received those points, since I didn't post a screenshot of it. Thank you, Ze_ro for adjusting the score. :)

I'm sorry, I think you misunderstood. Ze_ro never put challenge points up for you. I wanted to bring your post to his attention in case he missed it, so he could determine if you should get the bonus points. If he had given you the points, I would NEVER try to get them taken away from you.

Hope this clears things up! :)

You're right, I completely misunderstood. Sorry, it's been a looooong week. The kids (and teachers) are all too ready for summer vacation, I guess.

While I thank you for thinking of me, I'd rather forego the points anyway. I'm all about being fair and since I can't really prove that I met the challenge, I'd rather not risk making any waves over a couple points. But thanks anyway. It's very much appreciated! :)

No problem! I can sort of remember what school was like... once the weather broke NOBODY wanted to be sitting in a classroom. :)

It wouldn't make any waves with me if you got the points. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't overlooked, so it could be fairly judged.

I wanted to bring your post to his attention in case he missed it, so he could determine if you should get the bonus points.

You're right, I did miss that post. Sometimes when I'm in a rush, I have a bad habit of glossing over posts just looking for numbers.. Anyways, fixed now...

--Zero

• 9 years later...