IGNORED

Who wants a SATANDISK?

The Satandisk SD / ACSI interface is one of the most awesome things you can have for an ST. You don't need to buy drivers, you can use ppera's free driver along with BigDOS and the ST can read/write FAT formatted SD cards directly. So incredibly handy, and the best way I've ever seen to move data ST<>PC.

Satandisk thread here.

Is something like this available to xl and xe machines? Or at least possible?

The 8 bits have a SD / floppy interface, the SIO2SD. Last I knew they were available in a 'bare' format from pigula, and in a cased format from mega-hz

My SIO2SD here:

post-5887-1212555329_thumb.jpg

For an IDE based solution there is the Atarimax "MyIDE+Flash" Cartridge, that can be used with IDE flash modules and HDs.

Is something like this available to xl and xe machines? Or at least possible?

The 8 bits have a SD / floppy interface, the SIO2SD. Last I knew they were available in a 'bare' format from pigula, and in a cased format from mega-hz

My SIO2SD here:

post-5887-1212555329_thumb.jpg

For an IDE based solution there is the Atarimax "MyIDE+Flash" Cartridge, that can be used with IDE flash modules and HDs.

thanks for the info.

Remo, how did you order yours from Pigula? Does he have a site, or did you just go through email? How much was he selling it for?

All answers has been send to You via PM. Regards!

I have a Satandisk (from the orginal batch) and I can totally recommend them.

Best thing i've bought for my ST for a very long time.

Makes PC >ST and ST > PC very easy with the right software. All on memory cards so different HD configs for different tasks and easily swapable (not hotly though).

It will be money well spent, and no I don't have any affiliation with the manufacturers.

Enjoy