IGNORED

GameGavel.com - Auctions for Gamers! - Play VIDGRID - The GameGavel Game

Parrothead

This seemed like a good spot to let everyone know this.

I'll be taking the month of August off from selling on GG. I've got 2 busines trips and a garage full of stuff to clean, test, and get ready to list.

I'll be back Sept 1st with some fresh listings.

Dave

• Like 1

Check out the GameGavel youtube commercial entries into the $250 summer cash give away contest. If you like one click the link at the bottom of this thread and head on over to the GameGavel forums to vote for a winner of the $250 cash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ndefY-47kU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikr7s2YHDgA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Et_3G8WTak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX46BXQIgLw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iM5YZlVf8zM

Come in and vote here: http://www.gamegavel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3210&p=17297#post17297

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Wow, we have come a long way since this thread started. Since that first post we've grown to nearly 5,000 members, have hosted over 350,000 auctions and have sold over $200,000 in merchandise.

Now the time has come for a much needed site facelift. The new site will incorporate a completely updated look which will combine all aspects of our site including the auction marketplace first and foremost, followed by the forum/community and entertainment aspects that have been added over the past couple years.

GameGavel is a unique, all-inclusive video gaming destination unlike any other and this new layout will bring it all together!

In the meantime, have a look at the style we are going for although this is an early mockup and will change as it becomes implemented in January 2011.

Mockup - you may have to scroll a bit as this is only a mockup

http://www.casedigital.com/gamegavel/atari/game_gavel_atari.html

One cool thing we will incorporate are site skin backgrounds which users will have the option of choosing including solid colors, retro console gaming (like the Atari games shown in this mockup), modern day gaming and yes, an arcade theme!

This is will be phase one of some big changes coming for the site and some of these changes will be big and will continue to grow the site even more. So 2011 is going to be GameGavel's best year yet.

Edited by Parrothead
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey all,

In celebration of Ebay's 2011 Fee Update we are dropping our Reserve Price auction fee of $.50. Many believe items won't sell for as much on GG as on Ebay. Keep in mind, many things do sell for the same price as on Ebay, but to ease your minds we are helping you protect yourself by dropping our fees for running Reserve Price auctions. This now joins the Buy Now and Listings as being free for our sellers. You now have nothing to lose to try it out.

All we ask is that if you run a Reserve Price auction or Buy Now listing, please price your items intelligently by researching past selling prices on good ole' Ebay. Remember, to promote your GameGavel auctions here on AA as well as the other forums you frequent. This brings people to both your listings and also into GameGavel.

Thanks for keeping us in the back of your mind, but please consider thinking of GameGavel a bit more, especially in lieu of Ebay's recent changes.

Thanks guys!

Edited by Parrothead
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Some feedback from a first time user...

1. I paid for an item using the PayPal button, and of course PayPal has a record of the transaction -- but GameGavel doesn't reflect the fact that I've done so. Perhaps this is an API limitation, but some sort of indication sure would be handy. I'm assuming the status needs to be updated manually by the seller. (or maybe I did something wrong)

2. It seems to vary by seller, but shipping costs can be quite vague. You might want to require that sellers post concrete numbers or policies -- otherwise buyers are taking a leap of faith that exorbitant shipping and handling fees won't be tacked on to their legally binding bid after the sale. In my case it was fine, but are there any measures in place to prevent someone from saying "yeah, it'll cost $35 to ship that loose 2600 cart?"

3. The site's mobile performance leaves a lot to be desired. It often locks my iPhone 4 Web browser, and when it doesn't there's a significant delay between typing into the search bar and the text being displayed. My iPad struggles a bit as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Some feedback from a first time user...

1. I paid for an item using the PayPal button, and of course PayPal has a record of the transaction -- but GameGavel doesn't reflect the fact that I've done so. Perhaps this is an API limitation, but some sort of indication sure would be handy. I'm assuming the status needs to be updated manually by the seller. (or maybe I did something wrong)

2. It seems to vary by seller, but shipping costs can be quite vague. You might want to require that sellers post concrete numbers or policies -- otherwise buyers are taking a leap of faith that exorbitant shipping and handling fees won't be tacked on to their legally binding bid after the sale. In my case it was fine, but are there any measures in place to prevent someone from saying "yeah, it'll cost $35 to ship that loose 2600 cart?"

3. The site's mobile performance leaves a lot to be desired. It often locks my iPhone 4 Web browser, and when it doesn't there's a significant delay between typing into the search bar and the text being displayed. My iPad struggles a bit as well.

The seller needs to mark it as payment received.

• 2 months later...

Seller Subscriptions

GameGavel is now subscription based. What does this mean for you? As a buyer, it means nothing. You are free to shop on GameGavel and bid or buy from a great group of sellers.

But if you are an existing seller or anticipate selling, then this is very good news! We have done away with costly and unpredictable transaction fees and have replaced them with two levels of monthly subscriptions. There are no hidden fees or additional costs. You can choose between one of two subscription levels and start selling! You can also now use Paypal or Credit Cards to pay your subscription, too!

Our two levels of subscriptions are as follows:

Silver Subscription - $1.99/Month=20 Listings per month. For smaller, less frequent sellers.

Gold Subscription - $7.99/Month=Unlimited listings and sales. Sell all you can for one predictable, low monthly cost.

The next time you login to your member’s area, at the top you will see the two subscription options. Click on your choice and you will be taken to fill out the GameGavel/Paypal Recurring Subscription form. Fill that out and you will be good to go. If you do not use Paypal, then email us at admin@gamegavel.com and someone will contact you to set up your seller account with a credit card.

All sellers who purchased or were gifted a free seller account after our launch in 2008 will still use the site for free so this change will not make any difference for you.

Also, since this change is taking affect mid billing cycle you may have one final credit card billing for existing transaction fees to date. Once this final payment comes out, this system will no longer be around and you will only be charged your monthly new, subscription amount. If you have any questions about this please let us know.

Seller Case Study – RETROGAMECITY

We recently had a new seller, RetroGameCity, move his store from Ebay to GameGavel.com. Be sure to check out his items – all imports from Japan! The cool thing is he is selling tons of stuff. One thing that is making him successful; he is taking some of the money he is saving selling on GameGavel to advertise his store using Google Adwords. He has also linked his website, http://www.retrogamecity.com to his GameGavel seller store page. He was spending over $1000/month on Ebay (now he is only spending $8/month) so he is saving a tremendous amount of money selling on GameGavel. Feel free to message him through his seller store front and ask him any questions you may have about what he is doing to be successful selling on GameGavel!

Advertise Your GameGavel Seller Store

If you are a seller and want to advertise your GameGavel store consider purchasing a cheap banner that will be featured in our header or footer. Or choose other types of cheap advertising we offer. Click here and you can see what you will pay to promote your store and the variety of ad spots we offer. Again, we feel this is very inexpensive and will help drive additional traffic to your store. http://buysellads.com/buy/detail/59664

GameGavel Company Store

We are also excited to tell you that GameGavel is now selling new releases and popular titles for the current generation consoles. Our selection is small but growing! If you are looking for titles for your PS3, XBOX360, Wii or handhelds please remember to check the GameGavel homepage to see the new additions to our store. We always feature FREE SHIPPING on all our Products! Check out our store listings right here: http://www.gamegavel.com/sites/gamegavel/

Also see new releases and popular titles for sale in the GameGavel store right on the GameGavel.com homepage.

As you can see, there are a lot of changes going on here at GameGavel. We believe the subscription system will benefit all sellers by giving you all a very predictable and inexpensive way to sell your video games. We hope this will entice other sellers who are fed up with Ebay’s high and unpredictable transaction fees to come over here to set up shop.

As always, with website upgrades and changes there are bound to be a few unexpected bugs or glitches. If you witness anything strange please let us know.

Edited by Parrothead
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

We are excited to announce our new FaceBook Fan Page Contest Page. Check this link frequently to get see what contests we are running and what classic and current generation gaming goodness we are giving away! We will run various contests throughout the month so feel free to enter as much as you want to try and win. GOOD LUCK!

http://www.facebook.com/GameGavel?sk=app_178514975528273

• 2 weeks later...

We will be modifying our homepage to also show recently sold items to help show items do sell on GameGavel. Mainly because the homepage now just shows random listings which make it look like not much is going on. I think having an area show recently sold items from both Buy Now and Auctions will help potray more activity than what is currently shown on the hompage. Here is a link showing sold items which we will be integrating into the homepage in the coming days.

http://www.gamegavel.com/display.cgi?categories=all&seller=all&search=1&searchtext=&item_type=&by_start_price=&type=&time=closed&EVENT_ID=&sort_by=price

Edited by Parrothead

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I sold a game on GameGavel a while back but kind of forgot about it. I'm going to post a few inexpensive games I've had laying around and see how it goes. I don't have many on right now but I'll be working on it.

Here's a link to my auctions: http://www.gamegavel...dtoomuchonatari

Edited by SpendTooMuchOnAtari

• 1 year later...

Just venting, but I am TIRED of everyone posting imports and mainly imports on game gavel. This place has turned to a dump site for imports and wickedly overpriced tag sale commons (ie: 2600,intellivision,ps1) or anything found in the bottom of a junk drawer that wasn't sold on eBay or amazon due to lack of value.

That site has been a joke for a long time now. It was a novel idea but it never really made it to the point of being a legit ebay alternate auction site.