IGNORED

HEY MODERATERS

chromizone

well i was wondering i just go a 800XL and in he booklet i says u can run theese programs and u have to type in a string of commands hey give u three examples but when i reach 70 in the command list i ALWAYS screws up and says error then highlighs the r in he rl part of the command do u albert tempest or alex know how o fix this ?????

ps. i know this is the wrong forum but id figure id get faster results this way thanks

ok i dont know if any one has the original book tha came with the 800XL but on page nine they give u three programs to try out so u can see the capabilities of the graphics , sound and one other program thats just for fun the program im using is atari basic thats built into my 800xl the program is as follows

10 GRAPHICS 11

20 LL=191

30 RL=79

40 FOR ZEBRA=0 TO 48

50 REM GTIA HIWAY * FAST LANE *

60 COLOR ZEBRA

70 PILOT RL, LL

80 DRAWTO 0,0

90 RL=RL-1

100 NEXT ZEBRA

110 GOTO 110

120 END

then u type run press return and watch it go the problem is I CANT watch it go because it screws up when i get to line 70 it highlights the R in he RL part of the secuence in line 70

That looks perfectly legal so unless you are mistyping the keywords (GRAPHICS and SETCOLOR) or spacing it wierd or not using colons then it should work fine...

The book you are typing these in from should give you a full list of keywords and their syntax...

So by learning Atari Basic you could debug each small program by yourself and you see the errors, like the PILOT when it should have been PLOT...

sTeVE