IGNORED

Price check wanted: Vectrex

Tom_Explodes

to get a good idea of value

here are the completed ones

Completed ones

here are the live ones

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?f...&category0=

they are usually alittle cheaper when buying from a forum and the system only with no games

i have one with a multicart that ive been thinking of selling but i havent made up my mind yet, and i would want to get atleast what i paid for both items

Edited by Lemmi

Tom,

Are you familiar with the ParaJVE VEctrex Emulator? If not, its a good way to decide if you eventually want to invest in a Vectrex. You can try all the downloadable games. Obviosuly, you won't be able to appreciate the true vectors as on the Vectrex, being that the emulator runs on a PC which only has raster scan graphics.

The ParaJVE emulator really works well, and was the way I got into Vectrex Consoles. It can be downloaded at: http://vectrex-emu.blogspot.com/

Its Java based so if you don't already have the runtime library you will have to download that to.

If after familiarising yourself with the ParaJVE emulator, you decide you actually want to buy a Vectrex, you could always put a wanted request in the rec.games.vectrex newsgroup :- http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.v...ex/topics?hl=en

regards

VectrexMad!

www.vectrex.co.uk

I currently have a spare Vectrex in perfect working order. If you have any items that are worth trading maybe we can work something out! ;)

ParaJVE is a great emulator in that it emulates the Vectrex fully, but it doesn't hold a candle to the real deal... seeing actual Vector Lines on a real screen is such a huge difference that it really doesn't compare.

LOVE my Vectrex systems! Personally my favorite system to collect for, and the Homebrew scene is almost as great as the 2600 scene!

If you can get a Vectrex in good shape I would say it is worth $100 or more. Some Vectrex systems are in great shape but some are in pretty bad shape after 25 years. If you buy one online be sure to get one in good shape. Some have issues with the monitor. Sometimes only some of the fire buttons will work. A good percentage are missing the on/off knob. If you get one in good shape you probably will love it. If you get one in poor shape you are probably going to regret the purchase.