IGNORED

HSC Season 6 Week 1: Defender

Ze_ro

I am new to this and was waiting for a new season to jump in. I never was very good at Defender in the arcades and had never really played it before on the 2600 until now. I am just now starting to get the hang of it. So far my best score is:

Edit: 83,400 Getting better

I am not sure how to post a picture to this forum. Do I need a web host site? The Upload button below seems to hang and never complete when I try to upload from my harddrive.

Edit; file is <2MB. Seems to be an IE error. The progress bar starts but then IE aborts with error "Access is denied" at line 2. After the error, the Uploading spinning graphic still continues, but nothing ever loads. I'll try a hard reset later.

For some reason .jpg extensions will not upload. I changed the ext to .txt to load it.

Defender_HSC.txt

Edit: Seems other jpg files upload fine. Just the ones taken from my camera do not. Can anyone suggest any "Free" editting tools/file converters can I use to get around this?

Edited by maf

I forgot to add my favorite tip!

TIP: I actually welcome the mutant waves. They are essentially free points if you know how to do it. My strategy is to first fly to the right and shoot a few. Then turn the ship around. However, don't fly left just face left. Move the ship up and down to blast the mutants. They never come at you very face if you're not flying, and they seem to fly right into your line of fire.

Deteacher did NOT roll the score.
After hitting 1,000,000, I shut it off with lord knows how many lives in the bank.

The whole point of capping the scores is to prevent pointless endurance tests when the game is no longer challenging, so I don't see much benefit in raising the cap for this game.

I'll let TwinGalaxies handle that kind of stuff instead :)

--Zero

This is it for me. I think I can roll it but I can't invest that much time into trying again.

I was closing in on you. I think you are safe though. My fire button is starting to act up, making the mutant missions kinda hard. Otherwise I think I may be able to get a little higher at least. I really do need to invest in some decent controllers.