IGNORED

Pier Solar - New SEGA Genesis game

WIZZARD77

WOOHOO! I got mine in the mail today and have been fawning over it for hours. I'll do a box scan when I can get a scanner hooked up so I can do good resolution (the camera doesn't work so well for that kind of thing).

There are LOTS of bonuses inside the box, too, more than I would have expected!

Unboxing video :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Edited by nathanallan

I got one of mine today. I had to do a copy of the cd that came with it so my 2nd gen cd would read it. Now all seems fine.

It's supposed to detect a 32x and do something special, but I haven't figured out what that is/was yet. I guess I expected something obvious like a robot named x23 who follows me around taking up valuable space in my party but doing little/nothing in return.

I did manage to already get myself a bit stuck in the temple under the ghost town.

Edited by Reaperman

The warranty copies will not go for sale at the moment after all because of a large number of damaged copies. We have to wait longer to see how many we can offer.

But as of today you can order the REPRINT EDITION.

It will come with a new box-design, similar to the old black and white grid design.

It will come in an original style plastic clamshell case (NOT like the other cases of recent MD releases)

It will contain English, French and German languages.

It will have a black and white manual.

A few stickers will come with it.

It costs 45,- $ including worldwide shipping.

It will be shipped in approximately 45 days.

The enhanced soundtrack-CD-ROM and poster will not be reprinted. However, since people are free to copy the CD as they please it should be easy to get a burned copy from a friend or download.

bg0_3.jpg

Also, we are having a competition. Excuse the typos in the text; to compete you must own the extras coming with the game, so it´s for Pier-Solar-owners only. :)

elementwhite.png

Good luck!

I'd love to get a hold of the "big package" but at least now I get to experience the game. I hope my buddy from TX will be sending me a copy of that CD iso so I can enjoy the music on SCD while I play.

As many know the black grid box is my thing any way. Can't wait to see the artwork for the box. I'd really like it if in a surprise twist the manual matched the insert and even if the inside were black and white, it has a nice glossy color cover like all black grid releases.

Thanks!

AX

That epic 64 Mega 'Pier Solar' game is $35 and comes with all those goodies?

Looks like the some at the Jag scene could take some notes ;) $80-$100 :ponder:

To be fair, you're looking at considerably higher sales potential for a Genesis/Mega Drive game than a Jaguar game, and the materials are probably more readily available. I do admit though that the high price of limited edition games like Total Carnage on the Jaguar have kept me away from those titles, despite the arguably understandable pricing...

Edited by Bill_Loguidice

I do admit though that the high price of limited edition games like Total Carnage on the Jaguar have kept me away from those titles, despite the arguably understandable pricing...

I was thinking more along the lines of the stuff being produced currently or in the works, not necessarily Songbird's stuff. You know... Mad Bodies and the like. But yeah, no doubt those price points are keeping a lot of Jag gamers at bay.

BTW: It'd be interesting to hear how many unsold pieces Carl's sitting on. You can use the age old argument of cost savings<>materials<>larger market all day long, but when you're sitting on inventory that has been bought and paid for a decade ago and is going nowhere fast today....

Edited by save2600