IGNORED

game cheats? (stella question)

eegad

I hadn't considered that... I'll give it a try...

>Time Passes...

Sadly, it appears that only certain characters are allowed in the cheat code field (hex characters 0-f), so that doesn't appear to work, and/or could potentially cause other problems... :(

I do appreciate the suggestion though... ;-)

• 5 weeks later...

The cheat code manager is not disabled.

You *do* need to be running a game, in order to access it, though...

I ran into the same 'problem' when I first started looking at Stella cheats. The cheat manager can only be active when a game is running (Press 'Tab' while running a game)

• Like 1

The cheat code manager is not disabled.

You *do* need to be running a game, in order to access it, though...

I ran into the same 'problem' when I first started looking at Stella cheats. The cheat manager can only be active when a game is running (Press 'Tab' while running a game)

Thank you. That works.

Edited by tookarook

• 2 years later...

I was thrilled to discover the excellent stella.cht file submitted by forum member MAMEBase (see reply posted here on Jan 19, 2019).

This stella.cht file has over 325 game cheat codes. The cht file has MD5 game IDs (but not game titles).
   This file should be placed in the directory:  C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Roaming\Stella 

The Win 10 Stella app will pick the correct cheat code when a matching 2600 game is launched (via matching MD5 codes).

I wanted an easy way to view the game titles associated with the 325 cheat codes suppled by MAMEBase. 

I downloaded a list of Atari 2600 game titles (>770 titles) with their associated MD5 codes. Then I used a query in MS Access to link the cheat codes supplied by MAMEBase.

The attached file is in MS Excel xls format.  My xls file does not have any functional value beyond simple curiosity.

_2600-MD5-Cheats Query.zip

Edited by DFELD2005