IGNORED

Advance orders for CMI08 PS/2 mouse interface

Irgendwer

Hi,

here are the CMI08 (second place of the Abbuc Hardware Contest) ordering conditions:

• complete kit (without housing)
  • price is 26,- EUR
  • add shipping: DE: 3,- EUR, EU: 5,- EUR, World: 7,- EUR
  • add 5,- EUR if you like to have at least the small SMD parts (56 pins) soldered to the PCB (recommended for all non master solders). The remaining pins (about 70) are 'do-it-yourself'!
  • orders with the subject "Order CMI08", the number of kits and the SMD solder wish (yes/no) and complete shipping address to
    C. Krueger. B (at) web. de (without blanks and @ (spam protection))
  • after order german bank account or PayPal will be provided by email
  • you can find the assembly instruction and manual in english and german (PDF) attached below

CU

Irgendwer

PS: The interface is suitable for Atari 400/800/XL/XE, VCS xxxx, C64 and other machines which work with standard paddles

CMI08Manual.zip

Edited by Irgendwer

Hi,

the CMI08 (second place of the Abbuc Hardware Contest) is ready for

binding advance orders

• complete kit (without housing)
  • price (depends on number of orders) max. 30,- EUR / 40,- US$
  • add shipping: DE: 3,- EUR, EU: 3,50 EUR, World: 5,50 EUR / 7,- US$
  • add 5,- EUR / 6,- US$ if you like to have at least the small SMD parts (56 pins) soldered to the PCB (recommended for all non master solders). The remaining pins (about 70) are 'do-it-yourself'!
  • orders with the subject "Order CMI08", the number of kits and the SMD solder wish (yes/no) and complete shipping address to
    C. B. Krueger (at) web. de (without blanks and @ (spam protection))
  • orders are taken until mid of December, then the final price, german bank account or PayPal will be provided by email
  • you can find the manuals here:

English version (at least I tried it ;) ): http://www.file-upload.net/download-127103...nualEN.pdf.html

German version: http://www.file-upload.net/download-125828...nualDE.pdf.html

CU

Irgendwer

PS: The interface is suitable for Atari 400/800/XL/XE, VCS xxxx, C64 and other machines which work with standard paddles (so feel free to make advertising even in foreign forums to lower the price per unit... ;) )

Pre-order sent! Looks like a cool project.

Stephen Anderson

Hi,

I've got feedback of potential customers which wonder, if the interface will also fit to their XE models.

Yes, it fits.

Beside the solution to work with a Y-joystick cable to plug interface and a joystick simultaneously to a port and just use the device which is supported by the running software (my configuration :) ), you can use also a joystick extension cord.

Since the hardware is a kit and comes with no casing, additionally the following solution can be applied:

* remove the surrounding borders of the connector before soldering it to the PCB - ready!

Here a photo of the connector on the PCB when it is plugged into the XE. The photo shows prototype board with no additional parts for better inspection. It also works with two interfaces in both ports. There are no parts in the port area which prevent the connection.

An additional photo shows the modified connector. The screws, metal facing and roughly the sides will already be removed when shipped, since the board does not support the hole for the mounting clamp. Removing the top border and the sides neatly is a 5 min task.

Obviously you can also solder a full equipped 9-pin cable directly to the interface if you like to build a nice housing.

CU

Irgendwer

post-7778-1227816832_thumb.jpg

post-7778-1227816852_thumb.jpg

Edited by Irgendwer

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

the major part of kits were shipped today.

Since I didn't get payment for all pre-orders: The request for payment was sent last weekend, please may check your spam folder if you ordered and didn't get the email.

I also like to inform you, that I have some spare kits (final price is EUR 26,- per kit, SMD/shipping see above), so if you like to order a kit now, it's possible that I can satisfy the demand (first come, first serve).

Thank you for all orders

Irgendwer

Edited by Irgendwer

• 2 weeks later...

PM Sent

Hi,

Since I didn't get payment for all pre-orders: The request for payment was sent last weekend, please may check your spam folder if you ordered and didn't get the email.

I also like to inform you, that I have some spare kits (final price is EUR 26,- per kit, SMD/shipping see above), so if you like to order a kit now, it's possible that I can satisfy the demand (first come, first serve).

Thank you for all orders

Irgendwer

Hi,

Thank you for all orders

Irgendwer

Got mine in the mail today! Can't wait to assemble it. I'll try to take pictures during assembly.

Stephen Anderson

• 11 months later...

Was Cmi08 tested with computer XEGS ???

No, there wasn't a dedicated test with XEGS. But I'm surprised you have this problem. To rise the upper

value you can exchange the two mega-ohm-resistors to resistors with even a bigger value (e.g. 3 MOhm) -

a stabilization could also be an effect then, since the potentiometers don't have to operate on their end

of range which may is the reason for the jitter.

Have you tried real paddles? If they also show the behaviour, your XEGS seems to be the origin of the problem...

Will a USB to PS2 adaptor worth with this unit? I was thinking of using a wireless mouse that has a USB reciever and a PS2 adaptor to interface with this unit for paddle use on my ATARI 2600 & 7800.

If your mouse supports a PS/2 adaptor (which sounds so, as it was delivered with the device?), there is no reason why it wouldn't work

with the interface.

I have here an optical Logitech-USB-mouse with adaptor too, and it works very well.

But not all USB mice supports these adaptors! (Device specific feature!)

Edited by Irgendwer

• 4 months later...

CMI-08. Built inside a computer. To the joystick port - permanently.

Not connected mouse.

10 ?PADDLE(0) ; CMI-08 gives the 112 value.

If you are connecting a Paddle.

Paddle shows the wrong values.

Can I turn off the CMI 08 ?

Atmel has a pin CE?

• 3 weeks later...

If you are connecting a Paddle.

Paddle shows the wrong values.

Can I turn off the CMI 08 ?

Atmel has a pin CE?

* if connecting Paddles simultaneously to the CMI08, the resistors operate parallel - therefore the wrong value

* you are not able to turn off the CMI08. Even if there would be something like a CE for the Atmel, the chain of resistors

would be still connected to the paddle pins

* it is imaginable to enhance the CMI08 with an additional 'switch off' logic, but this would mean, that major parts of the CMI08 have to change: Additional CMOS switch IC as well as a bigger AVR. (The used AVR is fully occupied with pin assignments - it isn't even possible to change it's logic by the ISP interface.)

* to cover your need, it sounds more practicable to add a simple 2 signal separation switch, connected to the paddle pins internally

Irgendwer

BTW: I have still a small amount of spare kits.

Edit:

BTW2: Did you resolved your issue from "Jan 9, 2010"? Some feedback would be nice!

Edited by Irgendwer

• 4 months later...

I enhanced the firmware: There is now an additional Amiga mouse emulation for the few titles which support this device connected to the 8-bits:

1.) middle button/scroll wheel click (configure)

2.) left click

3.) right click

= AtariST mouse emulation

1.) middle button/scroll wheel click (configure)

2.) right click

3.) left click

= Amiga mouse emulation

So you get now five modes in total.

Edited by Irgendwer

• 2 months later...

Is it possible to update the firmware in the existing devices?

Sorry for being late, but I just discovered your posting.

As we all know ( ;) ), you socketed the µC. So it would be possible to reprogram the device and use the new firmware.

But IMHO the very few Amiga-Mouse only titles are not worth the effort/shipping costs.

Patching those applications for ST-mouse mode seems easier to me.

I added the mode only because it was easy and I had space left in the µC.

BR

Irgendwer

Edited by Irgendwer