IGNORED

AtariVox rev2

Richard H.

Add Vectrex support to the AtariVox?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see Vectrex support added to the AtariVox?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care either way

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Not sure if you're still looking at the case that was shown in post 18, but if so...

I noticed the neat sticker with the dip switch settings on the inside of the case. Nice little plus..

But I also noticed that if I were to cut/dremel out a rectangle in the case to get access to the dip switches without having to open the case, I'd be cutting that nice sticker....

Assuming that's the case and a sticker is included, maybe don't stick the sticker in place so we can place it ourselves??

Just a hint..

Looking forward to this for both my Vec and 7800.

I agree with the name issue.

Now, I did use 2600 (Actually, I changed that to 7800, as I don't actually have a 2600 ;-) ), which is technically also trademarked, but when Intel went to trademark i586, the trademark office said NO, you can't trademark numbers.. So I'm guessing that 2600 is probably a bit more safe and that trademark might not be enforceable...

So, VecVox2600? :-)

desiv

Edited by desiv

This is relevant to my interests as well. Not so much the speech feature as much as the save game RAM. That would be enough to take my RPG idea off the back burner :)

Oh, and I voted "Don't care" as the person developing a BASIC for Vectrex hasn't produced anything downloadable yet..

Edited by theloon

• 2 weeks later...
So, VecVox2600? :-)

Sounds OK. Shame Nathan's label won't be able to be used anymore.

Perhaps the case sticker could incorporate the DIP settings too.

Whenever this gets off the ground, I'd be glad to make a new label. (Or enter a label contest. ;) )

Edited by Nathan Strum

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Still no word from Mos. Richard sent me all the data, and the boards can be made again. I'll never do another presale project again, simply put (I still have to finish the last one) but if someone wanted to be the sugar daddy on getting the parts paid for and sent to me, they can get the kick back of their investment on the sales. Building them isn't the problem at this point. Having the parts is the problem.

AX

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...