IGNORED

HSC Season 6 Week 16: Toyshop Trouble

Ze_ro

My compliments to the designer! I had no idea what was going on when I first played it, but after doing the necessary research I really started to enjoy myself. Fantastic graphics, speedy control, and the best sound that the 2600 can muster... oh yeah, this is a winner, all right! It reminds me a little of Cakewalk by CommaVid, except with fewer cheap deaths.

Oh yeah, here's my not at all impressive score. Hey, the game is fun... that's what counts!

post-393-1230008395_thumb.png

It's a Christmas miracle! Got past the second duck level and made it to Jan 18th.

post-10944-1230054113_thumb.jpg

Funny, it shows a grey Christmas tree on the "death screen" rather than the toy. However, when I started Jan 18th it went straight to gameplay rather than show what toy is comming up. Still had 10 toys to go and was moving frantically. Pretty sure I won't advance past this day for a long time, if ever.

It's a Christmas miracle! Got past the second duck level and made it to Jan 18th.

post-10944-1230054113_thumb.jpg

Funny, it shows a grey Christmas tree on the "death screen" rather than the toy. However, when I started Jan 18th it went straight to gameplay rather than show what toy is comming up. Still had 10 toys to go and was moving frantically. Pretty sure I won't advance past this day for a long time, if ever.

Impressive! :thumbsup:

I would love to see a video of this. :)

Regarding the easter egg, follow the link below:

http://www.digitpress.com/eastereggs/26toyshop.htm

I'm posting the link, rather than saying it out loud, in case there are some that want to try to find it out for themselves. :) The only thing is, I don't understand the clue that's given in the manual. I'll have to look at it closer, I guess.

The easter egg game is fun!

Edited by Deteacher

The only thing is, I don't understand the clue that's given in the manual. I'll have to look at it closer, I guess.

Hint: In the original release of the game, the message included the word "GREETINGS". The clue doesn't make sense without that; in the re-release, I forgot about the importance of that word when I changed the message (everything else about the game plays identically in all releases so for HSC versions they are interchangeable).