IGNORED

Phase Zero ?

Starcat

• 1 year later...

I keep searching the forums and see no mention of any information of levels past 5 on phase zero. Just in case people do not know...There are a total of 9 levels on the phase zero cartridge. You can't access them because you can't beat level 5. However there is a cheat or glitch. At the options screen press and hold the corresponding number of the level you wish to play (1-9) then while you continue to hold that number push and hold the options button. Now while still holding the options let go of the number button and the screen will flash red. Now let go of options and begin your mission. There are even fully written mission briefings for levels 6-9. Most are playable, unfortunately the final boss fight in level 9 is impossible because the game will not allow you to access the second navigation point. Still having 9 levels instead of 5 makes this feel like a more complete game!

Edited by Scorponok
  • Like 7

Dude!! Great information, i will have to try this out. I love Phase Zero and consider it to be one of the better games on the Jaguar. I'm always sad when I get to that final checkpoint in level 5 and can't go any further... Thanks for the info, who knew those levels were lurking around all along..

Dude!! Great information, i will have to try this out. I love Phase Zero and consider it to be one of the better games on the Jaguar. I'm always sad when I get to that final checkpoint in level 5 and can't go any further... Thanks for the info, who knew those levels were lurking around all along..

I'm very surprised this information isn't readily available. When I discovered it I thought it wasn't a big deal. Then I realized very few people even know about the glitch! Make sure you do it on that green screen. Not the options one. Just the initial start up screen where you choose your options or begin combat

• 1 month later...

I just got the boxed version of this. I'm finally able to play it properly after 20 years, not just on a glitchyy emulated version on my Mac. It's pretty impressive given its vintage, although tweaking the level design and objectives would've made it more fun and varied (like Battlemorph). Still, for a beta it's very good. It's a shame they didn't implement the network side of things, it's a great Engie fur flat out fire fights or capture the flag type gameplay.

Does anyone know if an instruction booklet/manual was put together by anyone? Even though I know how to play, and skip levels, it'd be good to know if I'm missing anything with the gameplay or controls. Someone created a detailed manual for Spacewar 2000, which no doubt will come in handy (when I finally get a copy, lol).

• 10 months later...

Well over 15 years ago (it might have even been in the 90s) it was stated that the source code no longer existed. I believe the devs themselves deleted it or maybe lost it, although I'd be happy to be proved wrong. But I doubt I will be.

Nothing to see here, move along.

Edit: and yeah, I know Carl suggested that it might have still been on CDR. But he also said he tried for years to get it to no avail. Does this mean it (a) was gone or (b) was just hard to get? Who knows. If he wished to clarify or could clarify, I'm sure he would. But he hasn't. And there's been no news since then.

For some of us who've been around for more than five minutes, this is old news. I don't begrudge anyone anything, but asking questions when Carl has already clarified the situation with nothing new stated since is really...ummm...I don't know, desperate for discussing something when there's nothing to discuss.

If anyone were to find levels beyond 9, now *that* would be worthy of a thread bump. ;)

Edited by skip
  • Like 1