Photo

Phase Zero ?

33 replies to this topic

#26 Paul Westphal OFFLINE  

Paul Westphal

Dragonstomper

• 946 posts

Posted Mon Feb 9, 2015 11:41 PM

I got it, and for a demo, I'm impressed.

#27 Scorponok OFFLINE  

Scorponok

Combat Commando

• 5 posts

Posted Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:06 AM

I keep searching the forums and see no mention of any information of levels past 5 on phase zero. Just in case people do not know...There are a total of 9 levels on the phase zero cartridge. You can't access them because you can't beat level 5. However there is a cheat or glitch. At the options screen press and hold the corresponding number of the level you wish to play (1-9) then while you continue to hold that number push and hold the options button. Now while still holding the options let go of the number button and the screen will flash red. Now let go of options and begin your mission. There are even fully written mission briefings for levels 6-9. Most are playable, unfortunately the final boss fight in level 9 is impossible because the game will not allow you to access the second navigation point. Still having 9 levels instead of 5 makes this feel like a more complete game!

Edited by Scorponok, Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:08 AM.

#28 travistouchdown ONLINE  

travistouchdown

River Patroller

• 2,332 posts
  • Do the math!

Posted Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:44 AM

Dude!! Great information, i will have to try this out.  I love Phase Zero and consider it to be one of the better games on the Jaguar.  I'm always sad when I get to that final checkpoint in level 5 and can't go any further... Thanks for the info, who knew those levels were lurking around all along..

#29 Scorponok OFFLINE  

Scorponok

Combat Commando

• 5 posts

Posted Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:50 AM

Dude!! Great information, i will have to try this out.  I love Phase Zero and consider it to be one of the better games on the Jaguar.  I'm always sad when I get to that final checkpoint in level 5 and can't go any further... Thanks for the info, who knew those levels were lurking around all along..

I'm very surprised this information isn't readily available. When I discovered it I thought it wasn't a big deal. Then I realized very few people even know about the glitch! Make sure you do it on that green screen. Not the options one. Just the initial start up screen where you choose your options or begin combat

#30 mmbe OFFLINE  

mmbe

Chopper Commander

• 129 posts

Posted Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:56 AM

Jungle Guide #2 had a complete guide to Phase Zero including how to access the other levels.

#31 Scorponok OFFLINE  

Scorponok

Combat Commando

• 5 posts

Posted Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:06 PM

Jungle Guide #2 had a complete guide to Phase Zero including how to access the other levels.

Do you know if there is anything after stage 9?

#32 mmbe OFFLINE  

mmbe

Chopper Commander

• 129 posts

Posted Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:22 PM

Do you know if there is anything after stage 9?

I don't recall anything after stage 9.

#33 JaguarBrett OFFLINE  

JaguarBrett

Chopper Commander

• 160 posts

Posted Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:31 PM

Thanks for the info I had no idea as well. Appreciate the heads up, suprise finds in games are always nice. Cheers!

Edited by JaguarBrett, Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:32 PM.

#34 Stephen OFFLINE  

Stephen

Quadrunner

• 5,369 posts
  • A8 Gear Head

Posted Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:27 PM

This is definitely a game that showcased the Jag's abilities nicely.  Shame more games of this style were not attempted.  Not everything needed to be polygonal.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users