IGNORED

What PS3 games are you currently playing?

HammR25

Finished Ar Nosurge. Got both endings, which are pretty much just either Delta/Cass saying goodbye to you, or Ion saying goodbye to you... >_> I suspect it depends on who you get to fight the last boss when given the choice.

Overall not too impressed with the endings. The Extra menu option is unlocked when you complete the game that lets you replay conversations, view artwork, listen to the music, etc. It also unlocks the model viewer, so you can see all the characters and monsters/bosses.

The most laughable thing is that in the model viewer, they have that secret hidden boss that they yanked out of the game. :P If they yanked it out because it's just about naked, they probably should have put a lot more work into it than just removing a fight trigger.

Either way, probably going to spend a few more days trying to see if I can collect any more trophies, conversations, or get that "secret ending" (my main save was past the trigger for it, but I should have some earlier saves that'll do.)

After this not sure what I'll play next. Probably Bayonetta 1 so I can determine if I should try to buy the second one on the Wii U prior to buying a Wii U or not...

Regarding Ar Nosurge, I was surprised that the game felt so easy throughout most of it. Was playing on Normal, but didn't have much practice with defending until the third phase started and monsters started to survive a round. ;) I figured out why that was happening right before the last boss when I discovered two things.

1. I didn't have any RNA or Cathodes equipped. O.o There were some for the song magic and for the weapon - I remembered those. But for actual equipment/defence? Totally forgot. There was a massive increase in damage when I fought the last boss for the second time. (Yes, I already beat it once without them...)

2. Oh yeah, items. I didn't use any items at all in the game until the last boss. Forgot it was even an option sandwiched between activating songs and using friend skills. ^^

Edited by Mord

I picked up Ar Nosurge on an Amazon sale a while back even though you warned me about the bugs. Nice that you can still finish the game. Its on my neverending play pile.

I just picked up a few easy to platinum games: Smurfs 2 and Cabela's Adventure Camp. Smurfs is a cheezy platformer and Cabela's is a MOVE party game. I platinum'd a few games on PS3 so I figure these were so dirt cheap I'd pick them up and get the platinum's.

I also fired up some Persona 3 on PS2 over the weekend (Happy birthday PS2 by the way.....)

My second playthrough that I never finished. Trying to get hyped up for Persona 5.

I did some more searching on the bugs and it looks like it's latest bug patch had closed these story-stopping bugs. Should be safe to play it, I know I didn't do anything in particular to avoid the bug since I wasn't quite sure what exactly the missed event was and there were conflicting reports about what it was.

Either way I'm pretty much done with the game unless I want to go back and try another playthrough to see if I can get 100% of the purification ceremony talk topics. I had all of Casty's conversations but I was missing about 4 or so from Ion in the early/beginner talk topics.

I got most of the endings that I'm aware of. There's 4 in total. Normal Ends and Good Ends for each of the girls. I think the only one I'm missing is the Normal End for Casty. All of the endings are blah, even the canon ending (Ion's Good Ending) So it's certainly a case of the journey being better than the destination. (Actually I'm assuming Casty has two endings since I saw that there was 4 endings... but there's a "secret" End as well.

Still not sure if I'll be starting in on Bayonetta next or if I'll attempt another jrpg from the collection. Or perhaps I'll try the Yakuza 4 freebie from last month... choices, choices...

Edited by Mord

• 3 weeks later...

After flipping around on a few games I seem to have finally settled on Time & Eternity, the hand drawn jrpg. Not too many video games start with you being murdered at your wedding. ^^

Good luck with that one. I bought it a while back when it was drastically marked down, and kinda wished I hadn't bothered.

I can see why you'd say that. They marketed this game pretty much entirely on how it was completely hand drawn. A lot of people were disappointed with the final result when they actually played it. I guess they just didn't expect the obvious shortcuts to making the game that would take place as a result. (most enemies being recolors of others, in some cases just resizes, fairly low animation frame rate imo, etc. I kinda expected all that going in so that alone didn't really phase me.

I have been rather disappointed by the way they'll do fade to blacks for most one-time/unique situation. I didn't expect them to animate those parts, but for a game being hyped on it's art style, they should have just had it cut to a portrait/picture of the scene - exactly like what they do with the "memory sites" in the game. It's just one of those eh's where you see the wasted potential. Essentially just to save a buck I'm sure. >_>

As for the battle system, it's taking some getting use to, but I find which girl you're using at the time really makes a difference as well as if you've gotten particular skills of theirs unlocked yet.

For instance in the current area I'm in the golems charge towards you immediately then unleash like a couple dozen attacks. Using Toki was pretty much a case of trying to defend the knockdowns then trading hits with the others. When I switched to Towa, who had learned her gale strike/whateveritscalled attack, when the monsters charge towards her I can use that skill to knock them away again as soon as I have enough SP stored to use it. Then there's one area that has a lot of ice monsters - Toki learns fire magic. Towa has thunder magic, so when I went up against mobs in a different area that were all mostly fire immune... You just gotta remember you can actually defend, although it can be hard at times.

I bought Metal Slug 3, but I haven't played it much. Hopefully I'll get some time with it this weekend.

I already know I hate the zombie level. I disliked the mummy level in X, but learned to just go with it. The zombie level is much more irritating, from zombies that take a zillion hits to kill, to the LOOOOONG animation that plays whenever you screw up and get zombified.

PS3 fat died last night after years of use although I think I can get it working but I said to heck with it, I want a quiet, less power hungry smaller machine like the one slim I have downstairs......went to the store today and picked up a super slim 12GB model for 150 bucks. I wanted one without a drive so I can re-use the 1TB I already have. If it wasn't for PSplus I'd be in trouble because all my saves would have been lost. I probably lost some anyway for those games I didn't upload plus I have to download my content one at a time which will take me a full year to do. LOL.

So....I'll do a backup after I'm done and then maybe backup every 6 months or so. Just sucks a whole lot having to redownload your stuff. Its very tedious.

So....I'll do a backup after I'm done and then maybe backup every 6 months or so. Just sucks a whole lot having to redownload your stuff. Its very tedious.

Hm. Perhaps I should buy an extra external drive to back up my own 1TB PS3. Are you able to take a backup copy and copy it over to a second PS3 (Using the 2-PS3s-Allowed rule they work under for the games themselves) At some point I'm going to need to upgrade my second PS3 with a 1TB drive and get the games redownloaded to it, although it'd probably be faster or at least more convenient to just transfer them from the first one.

When I was in a similar situation earlier this year at some point I decided to just do the bare minimum. I basically redownloaded 5-6 digital games, synced my trophies and restored the SingStar library. The disc titles I'm reinstalling/patching as I'm playing them, there's no way I'd waste a whole weekend swapping discs and staring at download/install screens ;)

Hm. Perhaps I should buy an extra external drive to back up my own 1TB PS3. Are you able to take a backup copy and copy it over to a second PS3 (Using the 2-PS3s-Allowed rule they work under for the games themselves) At some point I'm going to need to upgrade my second PS3 with a 1TB drive and get the games redownloaded to it, although it'd probably be faster or at least more convenient to just transfer them from the first one.

At this point, I have no idea....years back I don't think you could. You always had to format it. These days I dont know maybe you can, I remember seeing a youtube swap trick you can do but I'm not sure if that works.

The xfer if I remember moves your stuff so your original is wiped. Again, I can't really remember but yeah its kind of a pain trying to copy your stuff from one machine to another. My biggest concern are the game saves I guess but here's something I've been noticing.....>

When I was in a similar situation earlier this year at some point I decided to just do the bare minimum. I basically redownloaded 5-6 digital games, synced my trophies and restored the SingStar library.

.......> some titles were not available for me to download on the store. Older titles. Games like the original Pixeljunk Monsters, Peggle and a few others. The only way I could re-download them is look for them in your account settings in the dreadful "download list" and do it that way. When I went to search for the games on the store to re-download they were gone or listed as "unavailable".

Makes me want to completely download every game I have on a second PS3 in case things disappear.

.......> some titles were not avaialble for me to download on the store. Older titles. Games like the original Pixeljunk Monsters, Peggle and a few others. The only way I could re-download them is look for them in your account settings in the dreadful "download list" and do it that way. When I went to search for the games on the store to re-download they were gone or listed as "unavailable".

Makes me want to completely download every game I have on a second PS3 in case things disappear.

Yeah that's the main reason I went out and bought a second PS3 while the slims were still available. (Well, available from places nobody ever buys stuff from, thus leaving them overstocked with older hardware versions thankfully :D)

I'm not even too bothered by the freebies on PSN+ since eventually if Sony follows the others and finally kicks their older consoles off their network, those freebies may stop working regardless of if you have PSN+ still (due to not beign able to log in with the console.) As a result I tend to tag every title I download as either "bought" or "free" so I can hopefully remember which ones need to be redownloaded from the list. ;)

Re-downloading stuff wasn't too bad for me. The only thing I was really bummed out about was not able to get my Demon's Souls save since I never backed it up. Still have the system so I might try to temporarily fix it just to get that save even though I'm not far off progress wise.

Anyway I just started playing South Park: The Stick of Truth and love it so far. I haven't watched the past six or so seasons, but there are a lot of references to earlier seasons that made me laugh out loud. Going to juggle between it and Mortal Kombat (9) before the new one comes out next Tuesday.

Honestly don't remember what game I played last on my PS3. Haven't played it in quite a while now but with PS+ the backlog keeps growing and growing. Need to start/finish one of the PSP God of Wars (forget which one I already beat) and Killzone HD. KZ2 was my purpose for getting a PS3 in the first place, bought Killzone HD but like the rest of the catalog, just haven't gotten around to it.

My daughter had been begging me for Skate 3 so I let her user her Easter money to buy it, and I've been playing that with her a bit. It's good fun. I discovered it has some bad language in it (completly unnecessary) so I've had to turn down the dialogue volume for when she plays solo.

Other than that I haven't played video games much at all this year. About every week or so I'll fire up Dragon Age Inquisition and play long enough to get bored closing yet one more rift.

Still playing Time & Eternity. Had the wedding, er, cancelled, 3 times so far.

And finished. Completed all quests. Chose Towa at the end. And because of the endings, I am now going to do newgame+ which allows the affection bar to be evenly split. I presume this means it doesn't force you to choose. ^^

Annoying last boss with it's super heal-all hp when it has over 300k. I recommend people make sure they unlock the girls ultimate attack skills (easily does 100-150k damage) but be prepared to use time skills to be able to pull it off. There's a few other passive skills you'll need to boost your SP high enough to even cast the ultimate skills... but it's doable.