IGNORED

Going for the CIB Lynx game collection

the.golden.ax

Thanks,

no, Krazy Ace was released at 1993. the last occicial Game for the Lynx was Super Asteriods/Missile command. But you can Buy Krazy ace from Telegames. so i did.^^

But i dond know if there is a Standart version of the Card. But the release tells it came out in 93.

Ok, thanks for the reply...but hang on a sec here...

I did an image search for krazy ace, just to see if i could find a scan or pic of

a real sticker labeled card. Granted, I did not find one, however, I found scans

of the box. So my question is...among the "eprom" & "non-official looking" lynx

cards that were released by telegames, how many of them have official boxes & manuals?

I would hate to open a can of worms here, but then if the answer is yes, the official

"number" of a complete loose card collection would be DIFFERENT then that of an

official BOXED or CIB collection? Correct?

Also one more monkey wrench if I may?

One of the harder games for me to finally obtain was the "real sticker label" version

of Super Off Road...as well as Double Dragon, Desert Strike, and a couple others...

But of course, the non stickered less refined version of Super Off Road is "available"

as well and can be found on ebay and such from time to time. So my question here is...

just how "certain" are we that maybe, just maybe one day some krazy ace, fat bobby,

or doria turns up with a normal sticker version?

Are we 100% sure they do not exist and/or where never made?

Thanks!

Edited by Supergun

so, now i have all 72 Official released Lynx Games^^

i´m so happy right now.

Okay... I'm scratching my head a bit here.

Define your version of "72 Official Released"

The reason I ask, is this:

When I go through my database, and subtract all of the 'extras' (Video 61, repros, Songbird, Black PCBs with the words "Long Live the Lynx"... stuff like that), I see roughly 95 carts. Give or take a handful.

What I count as official releases:

Curved

Flat

Ridged

Green PCBs made by telegames (Krazy Ace and others)

Black PCB made by Telegames (Chip is flush within the cart)

An argument COULD be made that the Long Live the Lynx carts are legit as well, being that Telegames bought some of them from Carl (or his supplier).

But I left them off... just to explore what your number was compared with mine.

I think this is the age old argument about the Lynx.... what is really a part of a complete collection?

I personally think that you need to have the EPROM version of Super Off Road, as well as a curved cart (regular release). Same goes for Desert Strike. You need to have all three releases (curved lip, Green PCB and Black PCB) in order to mark the box to call it 100% complete. Just my viewpoint I guess.

It is a bit strange to see people mention they have the complete 72 cart Atari Lynx collection when I have 115 different Lynx carts in my collection (MINUS the Prototypes, I won't count those, or I'd be at 135 or so). And I know my collection isn't complete! LOL

i´m so happy right now.

When I go through my database, and subtract all of the 'extras' (Video 61, repros, Songbird, Black PCBs with the words "Long Live the Lynx"... stuff like that), I see roughly 95 carts. Give or take a handful.

Curved

Flat

Ridged

An argument COULD be made that the Long Live the Lynx carts are legit as well, being that Telegames bought some of them from Carl (or his supplier).

I think this is the age old argument about the Lynx.... what is really a part of a complete collection?

I personally think that you need to have the EPROM version of Super Off Road, as well as a curved cart (regular release). Same goes for Desert Strike. You need to have all three releases (curved lip, Green PCB and Black PCB) in order to mark the box to call it 100% complete. Just my viewpoint I guess.

It is a bit strange to see people mention they have the complete 72 cart Atari Lynx collection when I have 115 different Lynx carts in my collection (MINUS the Prototypes, I won't count those, or I'd be at 135 or so). And I know my collection isn't complete! LOL

Personally, I only care about each "title" not each variation. I don't need three of something. While I have a preference of being one or the other (regular off road vs epprom) I don't feel like I lack anything in being a full set because I have one of every boxed game title in the traditional cardboard. Still I want the later releases and cool homebrews (just one of each will do) to play with. I don't need any protos or demos unless they are unreleased. My mindset is more from a players perspective than a completest I guess. You could go mad trying to get every little variation (tried that with other platforms) it didn't make me happy.

AX

i´m so happy right now.

Curved

Flat

Ridged

Personally, I only care about each "title" not each variation. I don't need three of something. While I have a preference of being one or the other (regular off road vs epprom) I don't feel like I lack anything in being a full set because I have one of every boxed game title in the traditional cardboard. Still I want the later releases and cool homebrews (just one of each will do) to play with. I don't need any protos or demos unless they are unreleased. My mindset is more from a players perspective than a completest I guess. You could go mad trying to get every little variation (tried that with other platforms) it didn't make me happy.

AX

I agree with you on many levels. I think for the Lynx, I have that goal to get every variant (major variant... I don't count two different version of a Video 61 release or a BC version on a different PCB style). Others, well... they think it is crazy.

I don't see nothing wrong with collecting a Ridged, curved and flat version. I think that is still in the sane category. If you are doing like me, yeah, its a bit insane. But the 'search' is what has been really fun for me lately.

I see your point though. Hell, you have more boxed games then I do. I am missing a lot of boxes when I moved from Oklahoma to Michigan. That kind of bummed me out. Eventually I will have to go back and get some more of those.

Now... after running sprints and a few 1:35 second laps around the track in this hot weather... I think I am going to go to my couch and have a heat stroke. LOL

I think they are reffering to a traditional curved Lynx card with a label like Telegames did with Qix, Chess, Double Dragon, Super Off-Road and Desert Strike.

...um...exactly.

so the number is in fact then 71...IF your classification of a "complete collection" is as follows:

...loose cards...curved lip...with real "color sticker labels"...

---no boxes & instructions---

---no ridged or other earlier release variations---

---no eprom, blue, black, green, whatever other style---

---no plain white stickers with typed text---

---no demos or protos---

but for the record, as Craig Pell (VGR) used to say...

(My policy is simple: things are only nonexistent until someone finds one.)

I've another point of view: I don't buy crazy ace because it's not a complete game. When I bought Lynx in 1991/92 I had about 10 games only. Now I have all the official titles and I have to say thanks to Ebay, B&C, Telegames, Best Electronics, GoAtari, 16/32 System for this - and let them say thanks to me for my money :). Probrably I'm not a real collector (I define myself a player first) but I bought only complete official releases in the comfortable curved lip style - The only game bought, produced after the Atari fall, is Zaku because it has been released like an official game.

Edited by Battlezone

Krazy Ace is an interesting case, but I decided that I would collect only those Lynx games that were released in the cardboard boxes (and I don't worry about cart variants ridged/curved/flat - just one of each title is sufficient). With Super-Off Road, I want the release that is the full color label. So it's just Super Off Road and Krazy Ace to finish my CIB collection, which will get me to 71 carts.

Now I'm sure I have the full color label for Super Off Road. That one exists.

Tempest

Yeah, I have both of those. I'll be selling the ceramic off when I find it after the move. I don't need both.

AX

I need the curved one still. That sucker eludes me. It is a conspiracy just like a Blue Text Skiing label and a Sears Picture Adventure had eluded me for all of these years. Somehow...I think the government is involved with this conspiracy! LOL Well... they DID block atariage and ebay access from my government laptop. But then they gave me a blackberry that does access it. go figure. LOL

Ok here is my Krazy Ace label. I'm not sure if this is the EPROM label you're both talking about or not. Most of my other Telegames releases look exactly like this.

Tempest

krazy.jpg

I don't have this version.... but I want it! LOL

Btw... I believe this is one of the "long live the Lynx" boards that songbird uses. The circle gold rivets are what makes me think it is one of those boards