IGNORED

Will pay $200.00 (and more) for these games.

IHATETHEBEARS

I may be able to help you however I paid about that much if not more myself. I wanted to at least have a collection to pass down to my Daughter. However with funds the way they are, I'll have to think about it. No promises but I'll let you know if anything goes up for sale. Good luck with your hunt.

I may be able to help you however I paid about that much if not more myself. I wanted to at least have a collection to pass down to my Daughter. However with funds the way they are, I'll have to think about it. No promises but I'll let you know if anything goes up for sale. Good luck with your hunt.

No pressure at all. Keep me informed!

Good luck with the music machine, I doubt if an r10 will go under 500$

This one went for considerably less than $500:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=250391580033

All you need is a good eye, patience, and maybe a little luck.

Even in a solo auction, TMM sells for $200-$300 loose. I've never seen one sell for anything close to $500.

Even in a solo auction, TMM sells for $200-$300 loose. I've never seen one sell for anything close to $500.

That's probably because haven't been looking for very long, I paid $500 for mine with manual about 6-7 years ago.

That's probably because haven't been looking for very long, I paid $500 for mine with manual about 6-7 years ago.

6-7 years ago w/ manual I could see $500 (how many even have the manual?)...but loose nowadays? No way.

That's odd, a game worth less than 500 loose on the same scale with video life and air raid which go above 1000 every time. Anyway, back to the topic I'll go.

That's because Music Machine had a higher production rate. I would say that about 2,500 Music Machines were ever produced. Video Life, and Air Raid the number is probably under 100 ever made, and the programmer has stated only 20 Video Lifes were made, but I suspect it might be slightly more than that. Music Machine is a rarity 10 but at the moment it's the weakest rarity 10 on the site. I would argue that it's more like a very hard to get rarity 9. More on the scale of Lochjaw, and River Patrol. In fact those games seem to be a little harder to get than a Music Machine. But all that said, I am fine with Music Machine being a rarity 10. A game being 1 rarity off is not a big deal.

That's odd, a game worth less than 500 loose on the same scale with video life and air raid which go above 1000 every time. Anyway, back to the topic I'll go.

That's because Music Machine had a higher production rate. I would say that about 2,500 Music Machines were ever produced. Video Life, and Air Raid the number is probably under 100 ever made, and the programmer has stated only 20 Video Lifes were made, but I suspect it might be slightly more than that. Music Machine is a rarity 10 but at the moment it's the weakest rarity 10 on the site. I would argue that it's more like a very hard to get rarity 9. More on the scale of Lochjaw, and River Patrol. In fact those games seem to be a little harder to get than a Music Machine. But all that said, I am fine with Music Machine being a rarity 10. A game being 1 rarity off is not a big deal.

The Commavid production numbers are in dispute. When the CGE guys bought the stock they were told 20 by one guy and 50 by another. In the end many of the numbers were just lost in time. It is a very rare game but we really can't say only 20 were made as it might have been 50. Same with Magicard etc. Doesn't really matter as either way it is a solid 10.

I think if the rarity is one off then fix it by moving it one over. No way should music machine be a 10 but it is just a number so whatever. No matter what number we assign it it won't be any easier or harder to find than it is and won't change the way long time collectors view it just the newbies.

The Commavid production numbers are in dispute. When the CGE guys bought the stock they were told 20 by one guy and 50 by another. In the end many of the numbers were just lost in time. It is a very rare game but we really can't say only 20 were made as it might have been 50. Same with Magicard etc. Doesn't really matter as either way it is a solid 10.

I think if the rarity is one off then fix it by moving it one over. No way should music machine be a 10 but it is just a number so whatever. No matter what number we assign it it won't be any easier or harder to find than it is and won't change the way long time collectors view it just the newbies.

I more inclined to believe the 50 number. 50 does sound about right. 50 is still extremely rare.

I more inclined to believe the 50 number. 50 does sound about right. 50 is still extremely rare.

I'm not aware of any such dispute. If one of them (Biel or Bronstein) said they made 50, he was simply mistaken. According to Irwin Gaines, they made about 20 (give or take) and even fewer were sold (the guys from the company had five or six unsold copies). Given the way the game was made and sold (by mail order from a relatively unknown company), the relatively high price of the game ($35 plus shipping), and the fact that they still had unsold leftovers, the idea that they made/sold 50 copies doesn't even approach believability.

Somewhere in my files I have a letter from Bronstein (circa 1984) where he claims they sold over 500 copies of MagiCard. Do you really believe that? He was simply padding the numbers. On the other hand, Dr. Gaines says they sold 50-100 MagiCards at most, which seems accurate and believable for such an item.

In the years since the major find in 2002-2003, have any new copies of Video Life surfaced? No...and it's highly unlikely there will be any more. The ones that have come up for sale recently have always been known copies simply changing hands. Contrast that with something like Pepsi Invaders (or even Air Raid as of late) where multiple copies have popped up in the past few years. If there were 50 copies of Video Life, you'd see them popping up too....but they're not.

Edited by PingvinBlueJeans

I'm not aware of any such dispute. If one of them (Biel or Bronstein) said they made 50, he was simply mistaken. According to Irwin Gaines, they made about 20 (give or take) and even fewer were sold (the guys from the company had five or six unsold copies). Given the way the game was made and sold (by mail order from a relatively unknown company), the relatively high price of the game ($35 plus shipping), and the fact that they still had unsold leftovers, the idea that they made/sold 50 copies doesn't even approach believability.

Somewhere in my files I have a letter from Bronstein (circa 1984) where he claims they sold over 500 copies of MagiCard. Do you really believe that? He was simply padding the numbers. On the other hand, Dr. Gaines says they sold 50-100 MagiCards at most, which seems accurate and believable for such an item.

In the years since the major find in 2002-2003, have any new copies of Video Life surfaced? No...and it's highly unlikely there will be any more. The ones that have come up for sale recently have always been known copies simply changing hands. Contrast that with something like Pepsi Invaders (or even Air Raid as of late) where multiple copies have popped up in the past few years. If there were 50 copies of Video Life, you'd see them popping up too....but they're not.

I have 20 Video Lifes listed. I don't care what you say. No way on earth every single Video Life has been sold. In fact I think there was a Video Life that was sold at the CGE 2007 that I did not include. Making that 21. Yes they had 5 or 6 Video Lifes stocked, but to actually believe that every single Video Life has been accounted for is Statistically out there. If you minus the 5 or 6 found than that would mean 14 of 14 Video Lifes have been found. I would say you would have a better chance of winning the lottery two times in a row than there actually being only 20. Again, I already have 20 Video Lifes listed. Pepsi Invaders has a stated print run of 125 and only 23 have been accounted for. Again it's a rare game, it's just not 20. So go on stating your opinion I will state numbers.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=1250806

Edited by homerwannabee

Do these number include those carts bought with the companies inventory or just the 1980's sales?

My point was that we don't know the exact number made. Could be 23 or 28 perhaps 32. We can guess it was closer to 20 than 50 and I can go with that but exact number that we don't know.

I have 20 Video Lifes listed. I don't care what you say. No way on earth every single Video Life has been sold. In fact I think there was a Video Life that was sold at the CGE 2007 that I did not include. Making that 21. Yes they had 5 or 6 Video Lifes stocked, but to actually believe that every single Video Life has been accounted for is Statistically out there. If you minus the 5 or 6 found than that would mean 14 of 14 Video Lifes have been found. I would say you would have a better chance of winning the lottery two times in a row than there actually being only 20. Again, I already have 20 Video Lifes listed. Pepsi Invaders has a stated print run of 125 and only 23 have been accounted for. Again it's a rare game, it's just not 20. So go on stating your opinion I will state numbers.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=1250806

I wouldn't be surprised if Joe Santulli is sitting on a few of them. I mean he did GIVE one away in a "mystery bag" last CGE right? and he was the one that found the commavid basement I believe, maybe he doesn't have anymore but he could?