IGNORED

PacMan Jr. for 7800 discovered!

Wickeycolumbus

It'd be a good idea to wait for some actual pictures of the game before you get everyone excited over (potentially) nothing.

It could just be 2600 Jr. Pac-Man. :roll:

He posted a pic of the game already, its on a 7800 board.

From the other shenanigans that has existed here before, I would say that it very might be a hoax, and that April first is very close, just long enough to string this across.

However, I do have a slim amount of hope that this is real.

VIVA LA RESISTANCE!

There shouldn't have been a thread on this yet. We need to see a screenshots of the game first before doing a topic on this.

As I know, FrauBlucha might have a 2600 version of Jr. Pac-man.

According the DP guide I own, Jr. Pac-man is a rumor mill game for the 7800. It's Atari's Master Part # listing. The number is #CX7813.

A game in a rumor mill means the game may or not exist in prototype form. It could be a hoax as result

Edited by 8th lutz

There shouldn't have been a thread on this yet. We need to see a screenshot of the game first before doing a topic on this.

According the DP guide I own, Jr. Pac-man is a rumor mill game for the 7800. It's Atari's Master Part # listing. The number is #CX7813.

A game in a rumor mill means the game may or not exist in prototype form.

The cart is clearly on a 7800 board.

There shouldn't have been a thread on this yet. We need to see a screenshot of the game first before doing a topic on this.

Yes, thats like the 3rd time that happened already. Dont you guys read the whole thread?

I really doubt this is the 7800 Jr.Pacman. Other than DP guide there has never been any mention of Jr. Pacman for the 7800. Based on that, it most likely is just confusion on the part of the person who posted the pics. Remember, he hardly knew how to hook up the 7800.

Allan

Yes, thats like the 3rd time that happened already. Dont you guys read the whole thread?

Probably because someone posted one of Al's boards in a picture. :roll: Hence the :ponder::?:ponder: !

That's clearly a PS3 in this picture:

xbox_360_black.jpg

:roll:

I did before I posted that. In the past, People put 2600 games in 7800 cartridges before. That was the case for Saving Mary. Someone even reviewed Saving Mary a 7800.

I want see a picture of the game in action. That is the only way to determine if this is no hoax.

Me smell a hoax... Th poster joined 3-6-09

However, even if this is a hoax, there's ben some interesting things happen...

2600 Turbo hoax, and the proto turned up[ not too long later..

THen the 7800 BurgerTime which became a full fledged homebrew.

I love the April's Fool's jokes around here, as the usually turn up some programming talent.

Me smell a hoax... Th poster joined 3-6-09

However, even if this is a hoax, there's ben some interesting things happen...

2600 Turbo hoax, and the proto turned up[ not too long later..

THen the 7800 BurgerTime which became a full fledged homebrew.

I love the April's Fool's jokes around here, as the usually turn up some programming talent.

Not to mention Plutos and Sirius...

"It's a mat, with all these conclusions... printed on it... that you can _jump_ to!"

Something tells me that it's just a 7800 board with the 2600 Jr. Pacman on it. It was a quite good port, and was released fairly late in the 2600's lifespan. So, if someone were working at Atari, they could have easily "borrowed" a copy of the ROM and stuck it on the closest board at hand.

Either that, or it's an elaborate April Fool's joke... which would be par for the course on AtariAge. Either way, it will be interesting to see the outcome!

-Ian

Cool!

I was actually going to work on this soon... If this is real, I wonder how much of it was completed. If it was only on the rumor mill, it can't be very far along.

But, I think I'm getting overly excited too quick. I agree; let's wait for the screenshots to be sure.

Bob

If this is real, I wonder how much of it was completed. If it was only on the rumor mill, it can't be very far along.

:?

All prototypes are in the 'rumor mill' until they're discovered (or at least confirmed to exist). Many 'rumored' prototypes have turned up 100% complete (or nearly so).