IGNORED

In need of some 5200 rebuilt controllers......help?

Christopher T Leach

Just recently wanted to clean out my game collection and sell some n64 games on the forums or ebay so...

I came across my 5200 collection of games and had a system with them. this system had two shrunk wrapped controllers that were remade and stuck with stickers from Jason at tradengames. jason has been great to me so i figured these controllers would work like a charm. i never opened them as they were shipped to me wrapped and i just paid for them and stored them. now i find that one controllers start button does not work and the other does not have any shooting funtions available. I know that the reviews were good when i bought these two controllers back in 2004 so did storing them in a dark cool box hurt them?

Any help will help me......I may need new controllers...

Jason from trade n games, if you read this can you pm me with a price for a set of new ones.

thanks,

ace from michigan

Edited by neonesmaster

It means they need to be cleaned again. It's the achilles heel of the 5200 controllers.

Mitch

\

these controllers have been in plastic wrap since they were purchased.....

so you suggest to just take them apart and clean the inside again...maybe with a qtip and some rubbing stuff?

thanks for the tips

It means they need to be cleaned again. It's the achilles heel of the 5200 controllers.

Mitch

\

so you suggest to just take them apart and clean the inside again...maybe with a qtip and some rubbing stuff?

thanks for the tips

Just lightly use a clean pencil eraser on the contacts. Works like a charm and will not tear them up. Unless they are the white or blue flex circuits and then it does no good. :thumbsup:

Mitch

\

thanks for the tips

Just lightly use a clean pencil eraser on the contacts. Works like a charm and will not tear them up. Unless they are the white or blue flex circuits and then it does no good. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the heads up thats all i needed to know unless i try this and it doesnt work.

looks like this one is for the books

thanks,

ace