IGNORED

The Light Sixer List

ApolloBoy

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This may sound like a dumb question, but what is the purpose of this list? And if people get rid of their units for any reason, do they contact the list owner and tell them?

Phil

isn't it a little like starting a.... combat cart list! ;)

no, let's start a Pacman cart list. ;)

Thanks for the info. That boggles my mind that they planned stereo when the games themselves aren't exactly in stereo.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

This may sound like a dumb question, but what is the purpose of this list? And if people get rid of their units for any reason, do they contact the list owner and tell them?

Phil

True, they may not contact, but it is a good way to get a feel for at least some of what's out there, and with enough participation, you could actually eventually get a good feel for how many of them still exist, or at least how many are out there at this moment in time. Granted, only enthusiasts will likely add theirs, but still...oh well!

Mine, which has been through a hard life (rescued from the landfill, literally), doesn't have the serial number tag, but it did have the internal piece of paper inside on the mainboard with the number "99 14300026" on it, does have the A/B Channel select switch on it, and has the speaker slots in the top. Had it since 2002.

Atari Light Sixer

Manufactured for Atari, Inc.

TRW Electronic Components

Company in Taiwan

Model No. CX-2600

SN 393804

It has the slits for speakers (left and right on the top)

Left and Right Difficulty

Strange, though: It has two philips screws on the bottom with washers. Is that common for the light sixer? :?

-Steve

Atari-Wong LTD. in Hong Kong #568198282

Has speaker vents

A/B channel select on bottom

@ Classicgamingguy Mine also has the screws with washers on the bottom. They probably hold the circuit board in place, but I don't know for sure since I have never had mine appart.

EDIT: I forgot to mention it's NTSC

Edited by Fixitguy74

Strange, though: It has two philips screws on the bottom with washers. Is that common for the light sixer?

Not strange at all; it's perfectly normal for all six-switchers. Those two screws hold the shielding (and thus both circuit boards) in place in the case bottom. Those two screws do NOT need to be removed to open the case. If you need access to the motherboard, open the case first THEN remove the screws with the washers to remove the circuit board assembly.