IGNORED

HSC Season 6 Week 34: Miner 2049er

Ze_ro

3,564 with four blocks left to hit in level 5. If I can pass that level, I will break away from the pack. I found out how to be ultra sloppy with the jumps and survive Level 3 and 6, and I think it will work on level 2 and 5 also. Level 4 requires precise timing and placement on the jumps.

The Sloppy Jump:

Get within three blocks of the edge of the screen. Jump anytime as soon as the mutant faces you. As soon as Bob hits the edge of the screen, he becomes invincible for a split second. Use this to jump mutants while they are up to a full block away. Works on all mutants in 3 and half the ones in 6, works on the top right mutant in 2 and 5 as well.

The Precise Jump:

Jump through the nose as stated above.

EDIT: 3650, made a couple of stupid mistakes. At least I can blame my own mistakes now instead of blaming the horrible, horrible programming.

EDIT again: 3952 and the collision detection died on level 5.

And again, 4772, level 6, changed mutants patterns surprised me there.

I don't believe this...I just finished level 4 and as soon as all the blocks were changed, Bob died instead of going to the next level! WTF were the programmers thinking!? Man this car is getting closer to storage with every game. It sucks!

some other things I've tried: Playing on my modded 7800 and using a Genesis pad. The game pad started to hurt my hands, and the #$@# d pad was so sensitive that it would change floors suddenly in levels 2 and 5. I died more times this way than I did trying to jump over the mutants. I went back to the CX-10 because the game pad and the Flashback 2 stick were hurting my hands.

wow, where'd the last five hours go?

Edited by shadow460

And again, 4772, level 6, changed mutants patterns surprised me there.

wow, where'd the last five hours go?

Nice score! I wish the programmers did a bit better job on this game to fix the bugs. It is very fun on other systems and could have been much better on the 2600.

It's one of the few 2600 games that I've got so frustrated with as to chuck it across the room.

Whoops, no idea where that went.

Ah well, I'll try again later.

Up again, this time 5137, level 7. I was using my old Sears CX-10 and my 7800.

Seems like level 4 all over again, but maybe the mutants are a tad faster. How does it work anyway, does it just roll from 6 back to 4 repeatedly, do the mutants get faster, or does it ever roll back to level 1?

It also seems like the timing is a tad different on a 7800, not sure if that's better or worse, though.

Hello All! Very excited to become a part of this. Can’t believe I wasn’t familiar with this game – this is a great game…it is too bad the 2600 version isn’t better (ie, more accurate). Once I got killed and I was a FULL BODY WIDTH away from the monster (who was headed in the opposite direction). I could definitely get a better score (by getting past level 3) if I had more time. Level 1 isn’t that hard to get through with all lives intact and neither is level 2. But when you figure the odds not only putting together a good level one and good level two consecutively with a good level three… well, the probability just isn’t that good, at least not the way I play.

post-23219-1240892773_thumb.png