While working on Jr. Pac, I made some modifications to the original Ms. Pac-Man which made it more 'arcade-like' (I also fixed some bugs).
1. In the later boards, Blinky would stop moving fast as you get closer to the end of the board (they had #$18 instead of #18 for an index)
2. If you ate the energizer as the last (or close to the last) dot on the board, the 'reversal' of the monsters on the *next* rack would be put off until the 'blue time' depleted (even though the monsters aren't blue). They forgot to initialize the bluetime variable upon starting a new rack.
3. The value of the energizers are 50 points instead of 40.
4. The speed & the fruit (after level 128) will now act as expected. The blue time length, however, will continue to be random for every board (I kind of liked this; if you're good enough to make it to level 128 and beyond, you deserve some type of reward).
1) All maze dots are present (the original 7800 version has a shorter maze by 1 row).
2) All 4 maze colors are now like the arcade.
3) Changed the Ms. Pac-Man & Monster graphics (along with the Cherry & Apple).
4) Implemented a smoother way of slowing the player down while eating dots.
5) High Score Cart now shows the Ms. Pac-Man logo instead of just text. It uses a different cart value than the original.
6) The number of lives are reduced to 3 instead of 5.
New things changed:
1) The color of the mazes after the second Jr. Intermission are different in the arcade (even though the maze layout repeats 3 and 4) - I have changed those accordingly to match them.
2) The intermissions stop after the third Jr.
There will be limited carts available soon for this, but not by me. Someone very close to all of our hearts will be making these for me.
Edited by PacManPlus, Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:10 AM.