IGNORED

Pepsi Invaders

siepchr

Hello everyone, I guess this is my first post here. I've been scooping up old game systems and games on eBay lately and decided it was time to purchase an Atari 2600. I can remember briefly having one as a kid, but remember my parents giving it away shortly after we purchased a NES.

I started bidding on several 2600's on eBay and after losing a few auctions I finally ended up bidding $0.99 on a Sears Tele-games system. I had forgotten I had even bid on it when I jumped back onto my computer about a half hour later and the page was still open. No one else had bid meaning I won the lot for less than a buck.

Included in the lot was a game with no label what so ever. I was curious to see what the game was and a couple of days ago after playing a few of the other game I decided to try it out. The game was almost identical to space invaders but with the word Pepsi instead of the first 5 lines of aliens. I was curious to see what the name of the game was and with a quick Google search I discovered it was called Pepsi invaders and if the game was authentic, it was a very rare game. I've read a few of the other posts about this game on atariage, but figured I would start a new post to ask a few questions about my copy of the game.

I guess I've taken some crude pictures with my phone (I can try to borrow an actual camera if these are too bad) and was wondering if anyone could help me determine if this seems like a real copy of the game or if it looks like a fake. Also, here is the auction page

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 130309052511

post-23599-1244351814_thumb.jpg

post-23599-1244351827_thumb.jpg

post-23599-1244351844_thumb.jpg

post-23599-1244351859_thumb.jpg

post-23599-1244351883_thumb.jpg

post-23599-1244351899_thumb.jpg

post-23599-1244351920_thumb.jpg

Hello everyone, I guess this is my first post here. I've been scooping up old game systems and games on eBay lately and decided it was time to purchase an Atari 2600. I can remember briefly having one as a kid, but remember my parents giving it away shortly after we purchased a NES.

I started bidding on several 2600's on eBay and after losing a few auctions I finally ended up bidding $0.99 on a Sears Tele-games system. I had forgotten I had even bid on it when I jumped back onto my computer about a half hour later and the page was still open. No one else had bid meaning I won the lot for less than a buck.

Included in the lot was a game with no label what so ever. I was curious to see what the game was and a couple of days ago after playing a few of the other game I decided to try it out. The game was almost identical to space invaders but with the word Pepsi instead of the first 5 lines of aliens. I was curious to see what the name of the game was and with a quick Google search I discovered it was called Pepsi invaders and if the game was authentic, it was a very rare game. I've read a few of the other posts about this game on atariage, but figured I would start a new post to ask a few questions about my copy of the game.

I guess I've taken some crude pictures with my phone (I can try to borrow an actual camera if these are too bad) and was wondering if anyone could help me determine if this seems like a real copy of the game or if it looks like a fake. Also, here is the auction page

What made you immediately take it apart?

What made you immediately take it apart?

Reading previous posts in the forums it seemed to be the only way anyone would beleve it was a real copy of pepsi invaders.

How did you know what to look for, I mean the name Pepsi Invaders? You just signed up.

The game was almost identical to space invaders but with the word Pepsi instead of the first 5 lines of aliens. I was curious to see what the name of the game was and with a quick Google search I discovered it was called Pepsi invaders and if the game was authentic, it was a very rare game.

How did you know what to look for, I mean the name Pepsi Invaders? You just signed up.

I googled atari space invaders coke vs pepsi, it didn't take long for me to learn the name and end up here. If you know the right keywords you can learn/find almost anything using Google.

I googled atari space invaders coke vs pepsi, it didn't take long for me to learn the name and end up here. If you know the right keywords you can learn/find almost anything using Google.

Just curious. BTW guys, the IP does not trace to Mexico. LOL ;)

Just curious. BTW guys, the IP does not trace to Mexico. LOL ;)

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

The Pepsi Invaders is not the real gem in this action.. the condition of the Sears box is even more valuable if you ask me. The look on those kids faces when Christmas rolled around and they got the Atari. They were so excited they didn't care how the box got opened.