Lynx I or Lynx II?

shadow460

Which Lynx is the best?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Which Lynx is the best?

• Lynx I
    • Lynx II

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Lynx II by far, because it fits in the bed of my pickup truck.

Well, I do know that no one's going to pick my pocket for a Lynx I. That's because once they get it out, they'll need a Mack truck to drag it away! :lol:

Isn't the Lynx I the biggest "portable" game that can play multiple games and run from batteries? I don't know about the portable part. If I add legs it would make a nice coffee table.

Yeah, my Lynx II has some mushy controls. Even though they feel broke, they work like a champ. I think I like the D pad a little better on the Lynx I. Maybe I'll add in a power light on mine. I've never killed the batteries in my Lynx II, though. I dunno if I will kill them in a Lynx I. I should be able to get 6 and 1/2 hours of play time at least per charge, so that's probably plenty.

I found the easy way to extract the batteries. All I had to do was loosen the two screws on the right side just a bit and the stuck batteries fell right out.

The good things about the Lynx II though are that it doesn't use as much power and it's almost the exact same size as a Game Gear. Anything carrying cases you can use with a Game Gear fit the Lynx II almost perfectly. I just need to get another Sega brand Game Gear carrying case and then my third party 'Gear Tote can be used with my Lynx II permanently.

IMHO the Lynx I looks a bit cooler, but the II has the advantage in every other way; smaller, lighter, stereo sound, bit better battery life, and higher compatibility with homebrews (some won't fit in the Lynx I's "trap door").

I'm a Lynx 1 man just because I like the novelty of having the orignal system, same with the 2600, NES, SNES, Master System, Mega Drive/Genisis, ps1, ps2, gameboy, gameboy advance, Nintendo DS etc, plus as far as I see it, it's whats on the inside that makes the system not the outside, I don't see why I should spend my hard earned cash on a DSi, when it is identical to the DS Bulky I already own, by the way I had the HUGE, orignal version psp, and I still managed to lose it, I may lol now, but at the time it was no laughing matter I can tell you, bizzarely, I still have the games, case and even charger for it. Plus I lost Mind Quiz along with it which I was really getting into. Gutted, by definition.

There isn't as much a difference in the sizes of the first three PSPs compared to the Lynx, though. Seems that most handheld games get smaller with each generation. The Lynx certainly did. The Game Gear didn't, and the PSP wasn't really that much smaller. Lighter, by far, but not a whole lot smaller.

I think the better screen is a good selling point for me on the Lynx I. If I'm playing at home, that's what I'll be playing most likely. I may take then Lynx II on the go.

I think it's the lens actually. The Lynx I has a flat lens whereas the Lynx II has the edges raised.

Maybe each individual Lynx is a little different than the next, and maybe my skateboard just happens to have a better screen than my Lynx II.

My vote for worst screen on a portable is far from either Lynx.

Hehe, no I haven´t; actually I thought nobody ever used that thing at all. :)

Me ;)

I find Resident Evil 2 and Duke Nukem 3D quite playable on this system... I found it funny to buy a system which is an atari lynx follower (as tiger was part of hasbro and owned the rights on atari these days). The b/w lcd screen is crap for fast games (never used a pocket pro which has backlight) but built in solitaire, and lights out and the above mentioned games (and a few more) were excellent and a nice experience with the touch screen ;)

"Far" ?

How many portables do you know with worse screens? The Game Gear is the only one I can think of; GameBoy would not be fair, since it is monochrome anyway.

Well, let's see, the PSP is the only portable system that hurts my eyes (both the phat and slim hurt my eyes), and the Game Boy (yes I am going there) forgot what color was for about, oh, several years. Oh, yeah, so did the SuperVision. No color there either. None of the older systems hurt my eyes at all, though.

Number of portables? Too many. I have way too many.