IGNORED

Colecovision Labels Thread

pboland

I didn't see any Jumpman Junior or Frogger labels, so I decide to make one. Started with a repro of Frogger, but plan to make customs of both.

Here's a low res (I wouldn't use this) sample to start. I'll post a higher res version once people like it or hate it. LOL

frogger.jpg

Edited by Kamshaft
  • Like 2

What font point size would you recommend? I've increased it now by one point size. From 3pt to 4pt. It's a bit better, but the reality is a lot of the copyrights on those labels were pretty small. Especially the Parker Brothers labels. LOL

Well, it looks very nice, but the small print at the bottom is going to be microscopic (and therefore unreadable) once it's printed at the required scale. :)

Edited by Kamshaft

Looks good Kamshaft. I do agree with Pixelboy. You will need to make the font a little larger. If you are printing them yourself, I would do some test prints to see what size text is best for reading. The reason for that is, it depends on your printer and the label stock you use. That will all make a difference as to the legibility of the text.

Edited by pboland

Looks good Kamshaft. I do agree with Pixelboy. You will need to make the font a little larger. If you are printing them yourself, I would do some test prints to see what size text is best for reading. The reason for that is, it depends on your printer and the label stock you use. That will all make a difference as to the legibility of the text.

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'm almost thinking of ditching the copyright text altogether (since it's a custom label anyways) or removing the "jumper" image, and just keeping the logo instead. Otherwise, everything will just look crammed and busy on such a small label. Thoughts?

I think I'm gonna stick to making custom "Factory Believable" labels. They just look more 80's - ish (If that's even a word) and more authentic looking. From what I've been able to see is that 95% of all Colecovision labels consist of ...

1. Colecovision logo and game logo at the top (Top part of the cart)
  2. Nice rounded corner white box.
  3. Inside that, the Colecovision Logo, then the JUST a game logo, and barely (if any) any artwork (i.e. characters)
  4. A boring (yet authentic) copyright text

Simple formula, really.

Personally, I like the Parker Borthers, and Atarisoft carts, as far as artwork better.

:)

I was asked about a handful of other labels I've made that were not posted in this topic, so here they are. Most of these were created for my ColecoVision trading card sets. I believe the "Fall Guy" was a custom.:

attachicon.gifDestructor.jpg attachicon.gifBlackjack.jpg attachicon.gifAntarcticAdventure.jpg attachicon.gifMonsterBash.jpg attachicon.gifSpectar.jpg

Very Nice man!