IGNORED

Flashcard Help

im_reg

Okay I need help with the Lynx Flashcard. :D

I installed the HTerm program and also the FT232R drivers. I set HTerm to the correct Port (COM 3 in my case), 9600 Baud and Newline at CR+LF.

DSC01054.jpg

I then chose a .lnx rom file (Zaku demo in my case). I pressed V for verify of which it told me start upload for verify. A popup download status box appeared and a green bar progressed showing the download (took 4 mins).

DSC01055.jpg

Now i did notice HTerm told me 'warning - verify not successfull stop upload and press anykey'. As the green bar was still progressing I decided to let it finish (the red light was displayed on the Flashcard).

DSC01056.jpg

It finished loading (green bar reached the end) and the pop up disappeared. I then disconnected the usb cable from the Flashcard and inserted it into my Lynx Mk2. All I got was the Insert Game screen. I tried several times but still the same screen. I also tried this in my mint 'show' Mk2 Lynx and got the same screen. I do have a mint new Mk1 model but don't want to try it in this due to recommendations not to and for fear of scratching the paint off! lol

The Zaku .lnx rom I tried to download works fine on the Handy emulator.

My question is is anything displayed when the Flashcard is inserted and Lynx turned on or was my download indeed unsuccessful and this screen normal for a 'empty' Flashcard.

DSC01057.jpg

Any help appriciated.

I pressed V for verify of which it told me start upload for verify. A popup download status box appeared and a green bar progressed showing the download (took 4 mins).

1st Step: read the manual. I know, hard users do not read manuals. But in this case: do it! :cool:

Note: Before you verify you need to write.

1st Step: read the manual. I know, hard users do not read manuals. But in this case: do it! :cool:

Note: .lnx do not match to the setting your picture show.

screen normal for a 'empty' Flashcard.

Note: you are right, this is normal for a 'empty' FlashCard OR if you use the wrong file setting / Memory schematic (Kb).

Any help appriciated.

Note: every information you need is inside the manual.

:D

In any case of questions:

Note: or ask at AtariAge. ;)

And change the Baudrate to 115200 Baud. It is much faster. (of cause)

If there are problems, you can change to 57600 etc.

1st Step: i think you know. ;)

Kind Regards

Lynxman

Edited by Lynxman

I pressed V for verify of which it told me start upload for verify. A popup download status box appeared and a green bar progressed showing the download (took 4 mins).

Note: Before you verify you need to write.

Note: .lnx do not match to the setting your picture show.

screen normal for a 'empty' Flashcard.

Note: you are right, this is normal for a 'empty' FlashCard OR if you use the wrong file setting / Memory schematic (Kb).

Any help appriciated.

Note: every information you need is inside the manual.

:D

In any case of questions:

Note: or ask at AtariAge. ;)

Kind Regards

Lynxman

Oh god guys, i dont have a manual - iam a really hard user :cool:

For me 115200 Baud doesn't show the menu. The highest numbered Baud I can see the menu with is 9600. I'm not sure is setting a higher Baud will still accept commands from the keyboard. I have not tried that.

This time I loaded up HTerm, set the Baud to 9600, select the correct port and set Newline to CR+LF.

I then pressed W, then clicked select file (under input control at bottom) to select a .lnx file (again Zaku) and clicked start.

After it fully uploaded I pressed V. I then re-uploaded the zaku.lnx file. After the verify I got the message: ''Verify Successful''.

I then put the Flashcard in my Mk2 Lynx and.................

I still get the Insert Game message. :(

Okay so I tried selecting just the .lnx mode file type and also 512k option as well as 512k-BLL option. Nothing has worked yet. Now to top it off I can't get the Flashcard to display the menu when pressing Anykey. I also tried re-starting my computer etc.

Any advice? I've handled the card very carefully, discharging and only holding by the 'hole' so I can't have broken it. Pressing the reset button makes the lights flash.

I'm feeling a little stressed now so think I'll leave it for now and come back to it another time.

Edited by im_reg

Okay so I tried selecting just the .lnx mode file type and also 512k option as well as 512k-BLL option. Nothing has worked yet. Now to top it off I can't get the Flashcard to display the menu when pressing Anykey. I also tried re-starting my computer etc.

Any advice? I've handled the card very carefully, discharging and only holding by the 'hole' so I can't have broken it. Pressing the reset button makes the lights flash.

I'm feeling a little stressed now so think I'll leave it for now and come back to it another time.

OK, what is the filesize of Zyku demo?

512k? 256k? 128k?

For me 115200 Baud doesn't show the menu. The highest numbered Baud I can see the menu with is 9600. I'm not sure is setting a higher Baud will still accept commands from the keyboard. I have not tried that.

Please check HTerm settings. 115200 baud is possible.

1st switch FlashCard

2nd switch HTerm setting

Please read the manual! There is anything you need! If 115200 baud is not working you can reset the baudrate to 9600 baud easy by follow the instructions in the manual.

Lynxman

Oh god guys, i dont have a manual - iam a really hard user :cool:

Didn't even know that there was a manual for the Flashcard :D

I also notice that you are not in french, but maube this is also working for other language, never tried them :P

OK, i write you an email with instructions. :)

Next some days i will send you the manual and the cover.

Lynxman

So, for you step-by-step

first let us switch to 115kBaut

connect you flashcard to the uSB - start HTerm and connect

then type 1 and hit enter.

then switch hterm to 115200

Press "anykey" on the flashcard

Now you have speed

then checking zaku-demo

its an lnx file with 256k and a homebrew(BLL)

so let us set up the flashcard and load it up

-first type l and hit enter

-second type h and hit enter

now you setted the flashcard to the 256K-Mode(BLL) and the filetype lnx

-finally type w and hit enter

klick on the send button and start the upload

when the upload is fin, disconnect your flashcard and enjoy the dmeo in your machine :)

If there are any questions - read the manual ;)

Regards

Thanks for everyones help, I am indeed reading the manual.

However

I still can't read anything in the received data box. All I can see are little squares. Do you think I am missing a certain font for my PC? But then how come I can see a menu in 9600 Baud mode?

Thanks for everyones help, I am indeed reading the manual.

However

I still can't read anything in the received data box. All I can see are little squares. Do you think I am missing a certain font for my PC? But then how come I can see a menu in 9600 Baud mode?

little squares -> the Baudrate from PC and FlashCard do not match.

Please make screenshot.

It's now working.

I did indeed have the PC and Flashcard at different Baud rates. Didn't realsie this could happen.

I re-set the Flashcard as per the guide on Page 17 of the manual. I then set the Flashcard to 115200 Baud and also the PC baud to 115200. I then selected mode; 256k-BLL and Lnx. Uploaded the ROM and hey presto..........

I'm now playing Zaku on mt actual Lynx!

DSC01061.jpg

This Flashcard is Excellent.

:rolling:

Thank you for all the help.

I hope this is only a demo!

No worries, this looks like the demo from way back in 2005.

By the way, great job on this flashcard. Everything looks very professional, especially the software. I'm still using Karri's flashcard, but this should really be a great device to help people easily get into Lynx development. Kudos to you.

what about lynxopoly? its the same exact filesize as zaku (262,208)

but im still getting the "insert game"

i have the exact same settings (256k/BLL, lnx, baud matching 115200)

ive tried 256k/bll and 512k/bll neither work.

im doing a write, successful, then i press anykey, then disconnect hterm, THEN i remove from usb cable, still no luck.

Edited by Torx

the demo is included on the manual cd.

im just trying to get lynxopoluy working before i try a PD image or start working on a development test

execute "reset all"

For Lynxopoly Demo the Setting must be 256K/bll and lnx.

The baurate do not care for function, no need to change.

Is there any message from the FlashCard? After or at beginning?

Do you use a USB-Hub?

Please verify after upload. Do you get any warning?

Edited by Lynxman

Uhm, I was not aware Lynxopoly was available as ROM....

Only a five-round Demo without hidden-game and removed code (no saving, no highscore, no playmodes).

So People who have a flashcard can take a look at it.

It has a integrated flashcard detection, it doesnt run in emulator or on an selfmade epromcard.

The removed functions are NOT disabled they are hardly removed, so there is no way for hacks. :D

Just a little advertisement for me :cool:

Regards

Matthias