IGNORED

Colorvision tabletop system

Zap!

This 1984 tabletop system looks a lot like the Entex Adventurevision, but it is reportedly even rarer. Unlike the Adventurevision, each game has an LCD built-into it, and was never released in the US. At least 5 games were made for it: Beasts Planet, Horror House, Jungle Boy, Monster Chase (pack-in), and Submarine. Depending on the country, it was either made by Romtec, Bristol, Bazin, Altic, and possibly others. The Romtec one seems to be by far the most known, followed by the Bristol.

I ordered one yesterday from England (Bristol, boxed), and it should be coming within the next two weeks, but I have some questions: Who here has one? Is there a registry? What exactly is this thing worth, and how many were sold/still exist? Did any other companies market them, and were they released outside of Europe? Any info at all on this system would be greatly appreciated! :)

Handheld Museum Colorvision article

Cool! I've seen one (but don't own it) and from what I remember, the top of the system has a hole in it and let slight go through it to light the "screen" (which is actually upside down and you look at a mirror, IIRC) It gives it a nice almost Vaccume Flourecent display look...well...in good light that is :P

Should we ask how much you got it for or is that a no no?

Those things sell for an insane amount. Even some times I see the games for hundreds of dollars.

$404.35 shipped from England. It is the Bristol model, and boxed. Not sure if that's good or bad, as I've never seen a number of units sold or price guide. Can't wait to take pics when it arrives. :)

• 2 weeks later...

It finally arrived today! It comes with the game Monster Chase (called Chasse Aux Monstres here). Apparently, the Bristol version I have is French. The game is simple, like those LED games from the very early 80's. The system reflects the game off mirrors, and it is very simple. Here are pics I took real quick. The box is beat up, but it's all there. No instructions or inserts, but the system is in flawless condition, battery cover and all.

Pics here!

Very nice. I love the old VFD/LCD Tabletops.

Take care of it! And post some videos of it in action!

Lots of people seem to want a video, but sadly I don't own a true video camera. I do have a digital camera with video capabilities, but don't think it would look good, since I can't zoom in video mode. :(

Very nice. I love the old VFD/LCD Tabletops.

Take care of it! And post some videos of it in action!

Lots of people seem to want a video, but sadly I don't own a true video camera. I do have a digital camera with video capabilities, but don't think it would look good, since I can't zoom in video mode. :(

What kind of camera you got? I just ask, cause most will do a decent enough video mode. All the ones I've used will focus if you hold down the shutter button a little, so you can set the camera fairly close to something and get a good video still.

That's AWESOME!! Just like (well, except the name) I remembered. Now I'm going to have to go see if I can find some :)

• 6 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It is Amateur and Professional yes.

Interesting.

This thing rings a bell to me... I guess I either had one or played one BITD.

I can't speak for anyone else, but if I had this back in the day, I would have definitely remembered it. But I have a crazy unique memory like that. :)

Hehe I can understand that, but being born in 1988, and my parents an me being amateurs of garage sales, meants that as a kid, I got quite a lot of used and outdated toys like that, that maybe worked for 1 day to one month before it was dropped (literaly or figuratively).

I mean you have a NES, a dozen G&W, a R-zone (or even a COPY of a R-Zone, as I recall red display style games, but neither models of the R-zone rings a bell) well something like that might have passer away.

Or maybe it was a tabletop from the same maker, with the same control and look, but not with swappable carts, because I don't remember carts.

Tho maybe I had one, but with one cart only so I never knew you could remove it.

Edited by CatPix

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I'm selling two Colorvision on ebay. One is a Bazin and the other one is a Altic. Both come with boxes and 6 cartridges/games.

Here is the link (I apologize if it not the place to post it but I I figured that some of you would be interested :

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/Colorvision-Bazin-Colorvision-Altic-6-Games-1984-Rare-LCD-Console-Tabletop-/252625906195?hash=item3ad1ad6a13:g:kkwAAOSwnbZYIKk8

And to answer Jumpman's question : yes it's kind of an interchangeable tabletop G&W

Edited by sydharta

• 2 years later...