IGNORED

Mario Bros (ColecoVision) READY TO SHIP! ***

retroillucid

Only the RED Edition is available at this moment

The Green & Classic Edtion will be available later, ... sorry

(and no, I do not take any payments for the Green/Classic Edition at this point)

Um, what's this about green? Weren't we supposed to use those green cart casings for the re-release of Lode Runner? :?

Edited by Pixelboy

I was just curious on what's the status of things. I sent my payment on Dec. 18th and since then I've heard nothing, and I've tried sending you a PM and an e-mail via the board. Hope things get shipped out soon! =)

I'm making the assumption that they are being shipped from the Great White North and customs is sodomizing our packages to see if they are WMD...

I was just curious on what's the status of things. I sent my payment on Dec. 18th and since then I've heard nothing, and I've tried sending you a PM and an e-mail via the board. Hope things get shipped out soon! =)

I'm making the assumption that they are being shipped from the Great White North and customs is sodomizing our packages to see if they are WMD...

I've sent packages to Europe before and it hasn't taken longer than 5-6 days. I just can't wait for it to arrive I guess. Just out of curiosity has anybody received their's yet?

I've sent packages to Europe before and it hasn't taken longer than 5-6 days. I just can't wait for it to arrive I guess. Just out of curiosity has anybody received their's yet?

I have not yet received mine.

Interesting. People bitch because the payment address isn't up quick enough so they can give him their money, and then he posts it, and you feel like he shouldn't have taken payment until he was ready to ship. Gee, can he win here? I think some of you need to back off a bit. It isn't like he went MIA, it was the holidays. This isn't a Wal-mart, getting a truck shipment from a factory where something was produced in mass by a great, noisy, grinding machine. If you don't get that, maybe you are not in the right place. I have no doubt that my game will come. Sure, I wanted it for Christmas, but this is the homebrew scene. Everyone has to give a little, and take a little, both creator and buyer. There is LITTLE profit and incentive in this labor of love beyond the kindness and regard given to the maker from the community. When people get sour, the creativity DOES get zapped right out of someone who is trying to do a good job on an artistic endeavor.

Simply put, be nice.

AX

• Like 3

Interesting. People bitch because the payment address isn't up quick enough so they can give him their money, and then he posts it, and you feel like he shouldn't have taken payment until he was ready to ship. Gee, can he win here?

AX

So what you're saying is that it is not possible to be prepared to ship when you announce that you are "now accepting payments?" Is that how you run your business, Ax? Probably not as I've bought from you before and received the product in a few days.

I bought Racer recently and that was shipped promptly. I bought Opcode's Pac-Man Collection and I received that promptly as well. I'll bet a quarter that Bouncing Bunny game will ship shortly after I order that one as well.

Look, I have no doubts that I'm going to get this game. Cash flow is always an issue. If people (plural) have to start asking "where's the cart? - when is it shipping?" it typically means that it is taking longer than expected.

I just don't see how I could be the bad guy here in suggesting to not accept payment if it's not ready to ship. Go see the "Vong" debacle.

I just don't want to see this guy's thread trashed over this (like Vong). So, it would probably be best to leave this as the last word.

Just give me or Ax rep points :)

I was playing Mario Bros. last night and have to say I am MORE impressed everytime I play it. Mario Bros. was always one of my favorite arcade games, I spent many a quarter in those damn arcade machines. I can't believe how cool and how much like the arcade machine this game is.

There are some pretty middle of the road homebrew games out there. This game is NOT one of those. This along with the Pac-Man collection are the very BEST homebrew ColecoVision games I have ever played.

Hats off to you J-F, your a GENIUS!!!

The programmer who did this wonderful port of Mario Bros does deserve all the praise he will get. :)

He want to keep his name anonymus...

Yes, he's truly a genius! :twisted:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

For those who paid their copy, Then Mario Bros is coming soon in your mailbox

Sorry for the long wait

I was playing Mario Bros. last night and have to say I am MORE impressed everytime I play it. Mario Bros. was always one of my favorite arcade games, I spent many a quarter in those damn arcade machines. I can't believe how cool and how much like the arcade machine this game is.

There are some pretty middle of the road homebrew games out there. This game is NOT one of those. This along with the Pac-Man collection are the very BEST homebrew ColecoVision games I have ever played.

When I hear things like this it really gets me excited to receive my copy. When I was between 4-6 years old after school my grandpa used to watch over me till my mom got home, and occasionally he would take me to Grandpa's Burgers and Ice Cream where we would get ice cream and then I would get a dollars worth of quarters to play the Mario Bros. cabinet there. Considering I can't fit nor afford an arcade cabinet I can't wait to play this!

Edited by Skaarg

You are aware that J-F didn't program this game himself, aren't you? :D

The programmer who did this wonderful port of Mario Bros does deserve all the praise he will get. :)

I know J-F didn't code this game, but without his hard work this would not have happened. He coordinated the whole project start to finish. And yes you are right the programmer deserves the utmost respect and congrats on a fantastic job.

When I was between 4-6 years old after school my grandpa used to watch over me till my mom got home, and occasionally he would take me to Grandpa's Burgers and Ice Cream where we would get ice cream and then I would get a dollars worth of quarters to play the Mario Bros. cabinet there.

Sorry to go off topic, but great story about You and your Grandfather! My Grandfather passed away 16 years ago, but I have very fond memories of him and still miss him from time to time. It is nice to keep them alive in ones heart reading things like this.

Hi,

I tried personal messages but no answer,

Could anyone tell me what's the status on the pinguinland cartridge?,

I payed that one on the 26th of August 2009.

-Sandy

Penguin Land PCBs are almost done! :)

I should have them in about 1-3 weeks, and then I'll be (finally) be ready to ship! :D

Everything else is done (Box,Manual,Blue Case etc.)

As for Mario Bros, shipping will be complete this week! .... Finally!

Man! ... I'm too slow! I must be faster than that!

Sorry for all this mess, I promise to make things faster in the future

I appologize to all who's waiting to get their game(s)

December was a pain in the a**, that keep me away from computer and home

Hopefully, I'm now back on rail for good! ;)