IGNORED

SoftSide Magazine PDF scans

ThumpNugget

I'm getting a consistently good download rate, from about 90k - 140k (20k for upload). Just need to get a few more seeders once they've finished. I'll be seeding all weekend once mine finishes (~ 5 hrs.).

@ Thumpnugget

I was just telling someone yesterday about the magnitude of the projects that you're working on with these magazines, and they were amazed. You should be inducted into the "Atari History Hall of Fame" for preserving all this stuff. :thumbsup:

Good thought though from my end the limiter is my allowed upload speed from CableOne.. It looks like RapidShare has a maximum upload size of 200 Megs, the Torrent is just under 3 Gigs.. Does RapidShare have any restrictions to the downloader?

You can only download one file at a time on a free account. You also have to wait about 15 minutes between files. I use JDownloader (some use USDownloader) to automate this - I run it overnight and usually wake up in the morning to my completed download.

Best is to RAR the files up and select 'split into 200 Mb segments' in WinRar. If you do, JDownloader will recognize this and reassemble the whole thing for you after it finishes.

PS: I've finally connected and I'm D/L at 13 k/s - about 3 days to get it all.

Edited by Coconut

I'm getting a consistently good download rate, from about 90k - 140k (20k for upload). Just need to get a few more seeders once they've finished. I'll be seeding all weekend once mine finishes (~ 5 hrs.).

@ Thumpnugget

I was just telling someone yesterday about the magnitude of the projects that you're working on with these magazines, and they were amazed. You should be inducted into the "Atari History Hall of Fame" for preserving all this stuff. :thumbsup:

I appreciate that :) I'm currently in school full time and working full time so I was looking for a project that was fairly simple to do (read: no heavy brain activity) and could be dropped for periods of time and picked up without losing where I was in the process. I can put 20 minutes a day into this and still feel like I am getting something accomplished.

Sorry about the delay in the torrent this morning. I have my server in the middle of my living room right now (having carpets replaced in the house) and the chord was kicked out this morning.. It's going again now! Looks like everyone is at about 48%...

Wish I was. I'm at 0% with no peers right now ....

Same for me - 0/0

Stephen Anderson

Sorry about the delay in the torrent this morning. I have my server in the middle of my living room right now (having carpets replaced in the house) and the chord was kicked out this morning.. It's going again now! Looks like everyone is at about 48%...

Wish I was. I'm at 0% with no peers right now ....

Same for me - 0/0

Stephen Anderson

Hmm, I got on the torrent yesterday and was getting 300-400 kB/s until I caught up with the rest of the peers, and then it dropped down. At 100% now, less than a day. Anyway, I'm still seeding it, and at least 11 others.

I'd be happy to host this on Armchair Arcade for those who don't use torrents and are not paid members of Rapidshare.

If you can do that it would be excellent...

If someone can make the file available through some regular means, such as the free www.adrive.com service or something else I can easily access, I can pull it, then I'll put it up on our server with a public link.

It's really great to see these scans. This was one of my favorite computer magazines back in the day and looking at these really brings back some memories. I was always very impressed with the quality of the type in programs from Softside so it's been cool to fire up some of these games again.

Today I played the game Titan from the December 1981 issue. It's a pretty good game that simulates a mining colony on the moon Titan. I remember playing this one a lot.

Dan

Great magazine! :thumbsup: I am still seeding the archive for everyone who still don't have full compilation.

Thanks to initial seeder for this excellent magazine archive.

I'm showing 0 seeders, 7 leechers, still 13%. Maybe my swarm isn't talking to your swarm? :?

It's probably because I set network upload speed to minimum, before I went to sleep (I listen to online radio very often). I set it back to normal in the morning. Try again :)

Great magazine! :thumbsup: I am still seeding the archive for everyone who still don't have full compilation.

Thanks to initial seeder for this excellent magazine archive.

I'm showing 0 seeders, 7 leechers, still 13%. Maybe my swarm isn't talking to your swarm? :?

It's probably because I set network upload speed to minimum, before I went to sleep (I listen to online radio very often). I set it back to normal in the morning. Try again :)

Hmm, I've been seeding for over a day straight now. I wonder why all seeders don't show up?

I'll keep this up as long as necessary.

Thanks for all the hard work scanning etc!

~telengard

There are two torrents on PirateBay. One is labelled 'Softside'. This torrent contains these incomplete files when completed:

\SoftSide\PLEASE README!.txt.!bt

\SoftSide\Magazine Inserts\SoftSide 44 Vol 5-10 [30] 1982-07 Insert - Subscribe.pdf.!bt

\SoftSide\Magazine Inserts\SoftSide 50 Vol 6-02 [35] 1982-11 Insert - Subscribe.pdf.!bt

\SoftSide\Magazine Inserts\SoftSide 48 Vol 5-12 [33] 1982-09 Insert - Subscribe.pdf.!bt

\SoftSide\Programs\Atari\Atari Disk Softside 23 Vol 2-11 1980-08.ATR.!bt

\SoftSide\Programs\Atari\Atari Disk Softside 24 Vol 2-12 1980-09.ATR.!bt

\SoftSide\Programs\Atari\Atari Disk Softside 25 Vol 3-01 1980-10.ATR.!bt

\SoftSide\Programs\Atari\Atari Disk Softside 26 Vol 3-02 1980-11.ATR.!bt

\SoftSide\Programs\Atari\Atari Disk Softside 27 Vol 3-03 1980-12.ATR.!bt

\SoftSide\Programs\Atari\Atari Disk Softside 28 Vol 3-04 1981-01.ATR.!bt

\SoftSide\Programs\Atari\Atari Disk Softside 29 Vol 3-05 1981-02.ATR.!bt

\SoftSide\Programs\Atari\Atari Disk Softside 30 Vol 3-06 1981-03.ATR.!bt

\SoftSide\Programs\Atari\Atari Disk Softside 31 Vol 3-07 1981-04.ATR.!bt

\SoftSide\Programs\Atari\Atari Disk Softside 32 Vol 4-08 1981-05.ATR.!bt

It is 2.78 Gb.

There is another torrent labelled 'SoftSide Magazines in PDF format'. It is 2.85 Gb. However there are no seeders at all for that one - don't know what is in it.

Confusing!

Could someone post the completed versions of the above files somewhere? Rapidshare or wherever? Then I'd have a complete set and I assume others would like this.

Finally got it all - 4 days 16 hours! I'm seeding it but only one leecher for now.

Are you possibly blocking incoming requests? There has to be something wrong with your setup or firewall setttings if it is taking over 4 days..

Well, it did come down even misconfigured. After it did I finally got a 'green check' on the client by futzing withe the router and firewall. I didn't want to fiddle with it while it was working. My router is an oldish one from a company (GigaFast) that's out of business now!

Edited by Coconut

There are two torrents on PirateBay. One is labelled 'Softside'. This torrent contains these incomplete files when completed:

\SoftSide\PLEASE README!.txt.!bt

\SoftSide\Magazine Inserts\SoftSide 44 Vol 5-10 [30] 1982-07 Insert - Subscribe.pdf.!bt

\SoftSide\Magazine Inserts\SoftSide 50 Vol 6-02 [35] 1982-11 Insert - Subscribe.pdf.!bt

\SoftSide\Magazine Inserts\SoftSide 48 Vol 5-12 [33] 1982-09 Insert - Subscribe.pdf.!bt

\SoftSide\Programs\Atari\Atari Disk Softside 23 Vol 2-11 1980-08.ATR.!bt

\SoftSide\Programs\Atari\Atari Disk Softside 24 Vol 2-12 1980-09.ATR.!bt

\SoftSide\Programs\Atari\Atari Disk Softside 25 Vol 3-01 1980-10.ATR.!bt

\SoftSide\Programs\Atari\Atari Disk Softside 26 Vol 3-02 1980-11.ATR.!bt

\SoftSide\Programs\Atari\Atari Disk Softside 27 Vol 3-03 1980-12.ATR.!bt

\SoftSide\Programs\Atari\Atari Disk Softside 28 Vol 3-04 1981-01.ATR.!bt

\SoftSide\Programs\Atari\Atari Disk Softside 29 Vol 3-05 1981-02.ATR.!bt

\SoftSide\Programs\Atari\Atari Disk Softside 30 Vol 3-06 1981-03.ATR.!bt

\SoftSide\Programs\Atari\Atari Disk Softside 31 Vol 3-07 1981-04.ATR.!bt

\SoftSide\Programs\Atari\Atari Disk Softside 32 Vol 4-08 1981-05.ATR.!bt

It is 2.78 Gb.

There is another torrent labelled 'SoftSide Magazines in PDF format'. It is 2.85 Gb. However there are no seeders at all for that one - don't know what is in it.

Confusing!

Could someone post the completed versions of the above files somewhere? Rapidshare or wherever? Then I'd have a complete set and I assume others would like this.

the 2.85 Gig one was only up for a few minutes before I deleted it (or as least I thought I deleted it - it shows anonymous now but it is not in my list).. The only difference is there was an extra directory for artwork which I removed since it was not complete. I only seeded it for about 10 minutes and never had a peer so I have no clue how it would still exist or have aver sent any data??

the 2.85 Gig one was only up for a few minutes before I deleted it (or as least I thought I deleted it - it shows anonymous now but it is not in my list).. The only difference is there was an extra directory for artwork which I removed since it was not complete. I only seeded it for about 10 minutes and never had a peer so I have no clue how it would still exist or have aver sent any data??

Yes. Torrents are weird.

Here are the first 10 of your scans for those having torrent troubles who want direct downloads.

Note: If you don't understand Rapidshare, always select the 'Free' options.

http://rapidshare.com/files/309359620/SoftSide_01_Vol_1-01_1978-10_Cribbage.pdf

Size: 12341 KB

http://rapidshare.com/files/309359621/SoftSide_02_Vol_1-02_1978-11_End_Zone.pdf

Size: 9417 KB

http://rapidshare.com/files/309359622/SoftSide_03_Vol_1-03_1978-12_Santa_Parvia.pdf

Size: 5837 KB

http://rapidshare.com/files/309359623/SoftSide_04_Vol_1-04_1979-01_Round_the_Horn.pdf

Size: 8240 KB

http://rapidshare.com/files/309359624/SoftSide_05_Vol_1-05_1979-02_The_1040_Tamed.pdf

Size: 6636 KB

http://rapidshare.com/files/309359625/SoftSide_06_Vol_1-06_1979-03_Tarot.pdf

Size: 7167 KB

http://rapidshare.com/files/309359626/SoftSide_07_Vol_1-07_1979-04_Safari.pdf

Size: 5052 KB

http://rapidshare.com/files/309359628/SoftSide_08_Vol_1-08_1979-05_Dogstar_Adventure.pdf

Size: 6824 KB

http://rapidshare.com/files/309359629/SoftSide_09_Vol_1-09_1979-06_Balloon_Crossing.pdf

Size: 8771 KB

http://rapidshare.com/files/309359630/SoftSide_10_Vol_1-10_1979-07_All_Star_Baseball.pdf

Size: 10927 KB

Edited by Coconut