IGNORED

Anyway to remove scratches on a GBC screen?

Frizo

As the title hints, my Atomic Purple GBC has so many scratches, its not even funny. I used the "tooth paste" meathod. It lightened the big scratches, but i still have all of those other ones! I dont intend on buying a new GBC or replacing the screen on it. Any help apreciated! Thanks!

As the title hints, my Atomic Purple GBC has so many scratches, its not even funny. I used the "tooth paste" meathod. It lightened the big scratches, but i still have all of those other ones! I dont intend on buying a new GBC or replacing the screen on it. Any help apreciated! Thanks!

There is this stuff... I'm sorry I can't rem the name of it and neither can anyone else... but it is for removing scratches in plastic. It goes on like a white wax, but it really works.. someone else on here might know what I am talking about. Alternatively Dealextreme is selling excactly what yuou need for like 5 bucks shipped new, it' s a complete atomic purple GBC case replacement!

I don't want to sound like a jerk, because I have a GBC atomic purple myself, but it sits lonely in the closet because the GBA is so much better, although in bright sunlight you can't beat the GBC plus it has a cool retro look.

Edited by Warriorisabouttodie

Anything that lightens scratches will, of course, lighten the scratches on your screen. I've taken DVd scratch remover to mine.

You might check your nearby game shop. One of ours used to have someone who could buff out screens like they were discs. He removed a ton of scratches from one of my Game Gear units. It wasn't perfect, but it made the thing far more playable than it was.

If you do replace the screen, place some clear tape over the new one. It'll look rough, but once that gets scratched too badly to see, some Goo Gone and elbow grease will take it all off so you can cover it with a new piece of tape.

Anything that lightens scratches will, of course, lighten the scratches on your screen. I've taken DVd scratch remover to mine.

You might check your nearby game shop. One of ours used to have someone who could buff out screens like they were discs. He removed a ton of scratches from one of my Game Gear units. It wasn't perfect, but it made the thing far more playable than it was.

If you do replace the screen, place some clear tape over the new one. It'll look rough, but once that gets scratched too badly to see, some Goo Gone and elbow grease will take it all off so you can cover it with a new piece of tape.

How do you replace a screen for a GBC... or any other handheld system for that matter?

How do you replace a screen for a GBC... or any other handheld system for that matter?

Their talking about the screen cover (bezel?) It's just a piece of plastic stuck on the front of the system, and this can be pried off, and a new one put on. You can (or could) get them from Nintendo.com. Some Game.stops still have them, and the last time I went to game Xchange, they had tons of them. Just ask for a "replacement screen cover"

There's some stuff to buff out scratches, and even fill some in, like disc restorer or something, but when all is said and done, it costs more (in time and money) than a new screen cover costs. If you wanna mess with it, it can be interesting, but if not, it's easy to replace.

I know the Sega Nomad has a replaceable cover for its display. I found a Nomad with the screen cover cracked and was able to order a 10-pack of replacements. It's possible that the GBC is designed the same way. Of course you will probably still have to take the thing apart far enough to remove the old one properly, and since this is Nintendo gear, that means you would need a tri-wing screwdriver.

Most GameBoy line screen covers just pry right off. The Color and the brick do, and so does the Pocket. You have to lift a corner of it with a knife, though.

Opening the color isn't hard anyway with a tiny flathead screwdriver. Then you just put regular Phillips screws back into it and you're good to go.

Most GameBoy line screen covers just pry right off. The Color and the brick do, and so does the Pocket. You have to lift a corner of it with a knife, though.

Opening the color isn't hard anyway with a tiny flathead screwdriver. Then you just put regular Phillips screws back into it and you're good to go.

Hmm..I might do that, since I can get some for cheap...

Any tutorial videos, pictures or anything to do that? I like being able to see what I have to do. Thanks!

Screw it, No methods work, Im gonna buy a new game boy.

Replacing the screen cover works. New cover will cost about $5 online so maybe you can get a complete like-new GBC for less... wasn't Gamestop blowing them out this summer?

Wild that DX has a replacement case and they just started stocking it. Wish they had more GB/GBA accessories.

Screw it, No methods work, Im gonna buy a new game boy.

Replacing the screen cover works. New cover will cost about $5 online so maybe you can get a complete like-new GBC for less... wasn't Gamestop blowing them out this summer?

Wild that DX has a replacement case and they just started stocking it. Wish they had more GB/GBA accessories.

I also dont like purple. And, a new one didnt cost that much. And once I get it im slapping on a new screen cover.

• 5 years later...

Anyone ever tried anything like this?

http://www.amazon.com/Novus-Plastic-Scratch-Remover-bottles/dp/B000J41VDM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1422890991&sr=8-2&keywords=scratch+remover+for+plastic

Besides system screens i'd like to clean up my Sega CD and Saturn Cases. It's hard enough to find one that isn't broken and they seem to ALL have scratches on them...

I think if you also used this with a dremel tool it might work pretty damn well.

http://www.amazon.com/Novus-Plastic-Polish-Buffing-Kit/dp/B0026XV80K/ref=wl_mb_wl_huc_mrai_2_dp

Will order and report back..

Edited by travistouchdown