IGNORED

Zaku for the Atari Lynx: Official thread

DeathAdderSF

No way. I am not an idiot. Handing over the entire sum of money they want for it and then wait SOMEWHERE in 2018 ?

They (or I) can be dead and gone before that time...

It is insane and I can't believe people are willing to do this....but to each his own so no I will NOT order it for YOUR sake....

I will wait until I see them shipping. If I miss it so be it....

Glad someone had the balls to say it.

"Yes, send us your money. We will promise to ship out product as soon as the window to file a claim on your purchase has expired..." :ponder:

• Like 1

It's everyone's own choice. For me it was a no brainer since if you find this game anywhere right now it costs upwards of two hundred dollars. I don't understand why everyone thinks so negatively, have a bit of faith that some things do work out.

Yeah, I'm happy to pre-order... you could easily be ripped off on eBay, and as you said, it's a lot more cash!

• 3 weeks later...

It's not about the amount, its about wanting the FULL price over 1,5 years upfront.

That _IS_ totally unreasonable in my book.

Do you get your salary 1,5 years ahead of time ?

Its not really that much worth it for Super Fighter Team to even produce this game again.

I appreciate that they are willing to put in the time to do it. Its not like making a Lynx game for the small number of people that own a lynx and few enthusiasts is making Super Fighter Team rich...lol...They have other bigger projects consuming there time. If anything, they are doing us a favor. In my statement earlier in this thread where I said "everyone order this now" what I meant by my very sane statement was that the more people that order and the higher the demand is for SFT to make another run of Zaku, the faster the process may speed up.

And this was explained to me directly in my emails to the president of Super Fighter Team.

Besides all that, Zaku may arguably be one of the most impressive games for the Lynx. Its a great game. Super Fighter Teams Zaku carts are professionally and very well constructed and look just like the early 1990s curved lip carts.

And as mentioned here, this particular game for an official cart goes for 200 dollars plus.........So 50 dollars is a good investment for the last official run of Zaku, which certainly will be a collectors item, hence way worth more than 50 dollars stashed away in a piggy bank.

(Zaku is Lynx is Atari Lynx Gold, period.....)

Super Fighter Team will deliver and are trustworthy, my devine intuition is 99.9999% sure.

Sorry if my reply seems like a response from a salesman or spokesperson for S.F.T......?

Now, as far your point about whether we will still be alive in 2018 to receive Zaku in the mail, what if we arnt still alive to recieve any other investments like retirement, social security or to cash in money invested in gold-silver-stocks etc etc etc etc etc........

Welp, if you are no longer with us in 2018, I'll make a special obituary-tribute post in your honor & remembrance right here in the Atariage Lynx Forum....Zaku himself will also send his condolences....

P.s, if you do happen to change your mind and do preorder Zaku, could you write me in your Last will & Testament to recieve your Zaku Cartridge if you arnt alive in 2018?

I'd appreciate it ,thanks..

Have a nice day. ?????

Edited by Stun Runner 87
  • Like 1

P.s, if you do happen to change your mind and do preorder Zaku, could you write me in your Last will & Testament to recieve your Zaku Cartridge if you arnt alive in 2018?

I'd appreciate it ,thanks..

Have a nice day. ?????

The only "Last Will & Testament" will be for the preorder monies. Keep an eye out for "deceased wallet" in the obituaries... :skull:
  • Like 1

It's cool that SFT is willing to consider printing this game again, but at the same time I think it's very unreasonable for a few people to pressure them to do it. The game has already been printed twice. There was a window of availability for everyone, two different times. SFT, along with any other homebrewer does not have to perpetually produce all of its inventory.

• Like 5

I don't think there is anything unreasonable for some who missed the first two runs to ask for the game to be run again.

SFT are asking for payment up front to cover costs of production.

They do not have to bow to pressure or demand, they have made a business decision to do another run and are making sure risks are mitigated by the payment upfront agreement.

I am grateful they have listened to their customer and will be looking forward to receiving my copy when it is released.

Ultimately it is down to the individual to order or not.

Again, well done SFT for visiting this site, keeping us informed and for releasing the game again, I wish more companies listened to their customers​

• Like 1

I don't think there is anything unreasonable for some who missed the first two runs to ask for the game to be run again.

They do not have to bow to pressure or demand, they have made a business decision to do another run and are making sure risks are mitigated by the payment upfront agreement.

I am grateful they have listened to their customer and will be looking forward to receiving my copy when it is released.

Again, well done SFT for visiting this site, keeping us informed and for releasing the game again, I wish more companies listened to their customers​

I agree 110%

• 1 month later...

Well there's a lot of ass-licking going on here :)

Let me ask you: do you pay for a car and then wait for 2 years to get it ? Just so the car builder "doesn't have any risk" ?

Mmmmm, maybe you grew up in the DDR ? :D

Edited by Level42

Well there's a lot of ass-licking going on here :)

Let me ask you: do you pay for a car and then wait for 2 years to get it ? Just so the car builder "doesn't have any risk" ?

Mmmmm, maybe you grew up in the DDR ? :D

I hear you, but I think that this is a totally different scenario.

First, the Lynx market is tiny. I don't begrudge wary vendors the desire for some assurance that they'll get some return to justify a third production run that they're just doing for the fans. It's not like they did this for the first two runs.

Second, the long wait will ensure that anyone active in the next two years can actually buy one. Buyers' complaints that they 'missed out' because the window was too narrow just won't wash this time. This is a win-win for everyone.

I already have my copies of 'Zaku', but will likely place an order in the New Year.

• Like 1

First, the Lynx market is tiny. I don't begrudge wary vendors the desire for some assurance that they'll get some return to justify a third production run that they're just doing for the fans. It's not like they did this for the first two runs.

Two things about this:

1) I never said that I wouldn't agree with _some_ assurance. Paying, let's say 10 bucks upfront would be very reasonable for me. That should insure them enough.

2) if they would be "just doing it for the fans" they would release the ROM file into the public domain. So sorry but this is complete nonsense. They still want to earn money from this game and there is absolutely no problem with that at all but they shouldn't' act as if they are only pleasing us....whichever way you turn it, it is still a business transaction.

In fact, the very reason this would be the third run would make it much less risky for them as they already did two completely sell-out runs.

• 2 weeks later...

I placed my order last month. For those saying there was plenty of opportunity for those interested to pick this up during the first couple of print runs, I myself only got a Lynx back in 2015 and pretty much ignored it and didn't start seriously collecting for it until about December 2016.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I placed my order last month. For those saying there was plenty of opportunity for those interested to pick this up during the first couple of print runs, I myself only got a Lynx back in 2015 and pretty much ignored it and didn't start seriously collecting for it until about December 2016.

How is that the fault of anyone here or SFT? I missed out on purchasing an Atari VCS brand new back in the 1970's, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to add a brand new VCS console to my game collection. Does Atari owe me anything? Of course not.

Anyway I hope sft does another run because it benefits their business, not because of whining.