IGNORED

Zaku for the Atari Lynx: Official thread

DeathAdderSF

Hello.

Would it be okay to post some Mp3 recordings of bg music (30 second or so clips) at some point?

Thanks for asking. The complete Zaku soundtrack is available for download in MP3 format directly from the composer's website, for the asking price of just $10. Out of respect for him and his work, I think it's only fair of us to request that people not post public downloads of these songs. Thanks for understanding.

Pick up the Zaku soundtrack at Evren Celimli's website.

Edited by Clean Larry

Hello.

Would it be okay to post some Mp3 recordings of bg music (30 second or so clips) at some point?

Thanks for asking. The complete Zaku soundtrack is available for download in MP3 format directly from the composer's website, for the asking price of just $10. Out of respect for him and his work, I think it's only fair of us to request that people not post public downloads of these songs. Thanks for understanding.

Pick up the Zaku soundtrack at Evren Celimli's website.

Perfect, glad it could be a intro for supporting the artist. And apparently you may be able to get it on a physical CD from CDbaby (something I'd do if buying as I like a physical copy when paying) he does have some of his stuff up there, but not Zaku yet. If you would mention that. I know several AAers that would love to buy a physical soundtrack set of the original and Lynxed versions.

Thanks,

AX

• Like 1

And apparently you may be able to get it on a physical CD from CDbaby (something I'd do if buying as I like a physical copy when paying) he does have some of his stuff up there, but not Zaku yet. If you would mention that. I know several AAers that would love to buy a physical soundtrack set of the original and Lynxed versions.

I agree 100%. You can say I am from the "old school" if you want but just like you I like to have a physical copy of what ever I purchase. I like to open it up, look at it, organize/arrange it with others, collect them all, be able to sell or trade it if I want, etc.. When I pay for a download it just doesn't feel right to me. I have a feeling down the road 30-40 years when everything is digital download I'll be that old guy complaning about how much better the days were when you had a shelf full of junk :D

• Like 1

And apparently you may be able to get it on a physical CD from CDbaby (something I'd do if buying as I like a physical copy when paying) he does have some of his stuff up there, but not Zaku yet. If you would mention that. I know several AAers that would love to buy a physical soundtrack set of the original and Lynxed versions.

I agree 100%. You can say I am from the "old school" if you want but just like you I like to have a physical copy of what ever I purchase. I like to open it up, look at it, organize/arrange it with others, collect them all, be able to sell or trade it if I want, etc.. When I pay for a download it just doesn't feel right to me. I have a feeling down the road 30-40 years when everything is digital download I'll be that old guy complaning about how much better the days were when you had a shelf full of junk icon_mrgreen.gif

icon_mrgreen.gificon_thumbsup.gificon_thumbsup.gificon_thumbsup.gificon_thumbsup.gif

I'll mention it to him. Anyone else who would be interested in this is invited to do the same. The composer, Evren Celimli, can be contacted directly via the contact page of his website.

• 2 weeks later...

Retroaction magazine recently interviewed both myself and Osman. A preview portion of their upcoming article can be found at Gnome's Lair. In particular, there are some interesting bits about the game's development process. Check it out.

*** Brandon Cobb and Osman Celimli interview @ Gnome's Lair

Thanks.

Retroaction magazine recently interviewed both myself and Osman. A preview portion of their upcoming article can be found at Gnome's Lair. In particular, there are some interesting bits about the game's development process. Check it out.

*** Brandon Cobb and Osman Celimli interview @ Gnome's Lair

Thanks.

Osman was 14 as he startet. so old as the machine and he is interested and talented to code for the lynx.

Respect,Respect!

Regards

Matthias

• 1 month later...

Hello, everyone.

As of today, we have sold through the first stock of Zaku: 300 copies of the game are now being played and enjoyed by happy Lynx owners the world over, and we've received some very positive customer comments and press reviews alike. To everyone who ordered the game and / or spread the word about it, I'd like to share a sincere thanks.

For anyone out there who may have missed out ordering - don't worry! Additional copies of Zaku will be manufactured and made available within the year. You may place a backorder now at www.zaku-lynx.com, if you wish.

Have a nice day.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, everyone.

By request, the Zaku soundtrack has been made available on a nice, professionally produced audio CD by its composer, Evren Celimli. The CD can be purchased through cdbaby.com by following the link below -

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/evrencelimli2/from/meditationmusic

As well, the soundtrack can still be purchased as an MP3 set from Evren Celimli's website -

http://www.evrencelimli.com/listen/zaku/

Thanks for your interest and attention.

Edited by Clean Larry

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any strategy guide for Zaku yet?

Commenting myself...

I still have a problem with the second boss part of subwater... the one which jumps up and down.

Does anyone have an hint?

Okey, anyway, since I know the level select cheat, i can at least have a look at the last stage ;-)

I still have a problem with the second boss part of subwater... the one which jumps up and down.

Does anyone have an hint?

Sorry I took so long to reply, I've been busy lately. Regardless, this may help:

The easiest way to beat Flip's second form (the pogo stick) is with the back blaster. After he leaps up, head to the left side of the screen, darting to the right when the falling sound effect plays so he lands behind Zaku. Then let loose with the back blaster while he's trying to catch up with you. If you accidentally make him land to the right, you can dart under him when he makes a short jump. It is actually feasible to defeat this form before Flip even makes his first jump if you can press Option 1 fast enough.

Okey, anyway, since I know the level select cheat, i can at least have a look at the last stage ;-)

Hah! I was wondering how long it would take for someone to find it!

Hah! I was wondering how long it would take for someone to find it!

Well, it was not that difficult to find. BUt as there is no signal that you have activated it, it took me some time to find out at which part of the intro one has to type the sequence. And while writing it down I made the mistakt to write "U" as direction... which could later be interpreted as "Unten" (in german down) or "Up", thus I was trying the wrong sequence again and again :-/

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I've taken the time to put a full LongPlay of Zaku up on YouTube. These may help if anyone is stuck at a particular point in the game, or is just interested to see more than what the current online videos have to offer. Of course, some portions of the game may be "spoiled" by watching the videos, so keep that in mind.

Regardless, the LongPlay is divided into six pieces:

Zaku (Atari Lynx) Part [1/6]- Introduction and Turtle Zone

Zaku (Atari Lynx) Part [2/6]- Freight Zone

Zaku (Atari Lynx) Part [3/6]- Marine Zone

Zaku (Atari Lynx) Part [4/6]- Thunder Zone

Zaku (Atari Lynx) Part [5/6]- Level Stage Zone

Zaku (Atari Lynx) Part [6/6]- Rarity X, Ending

Enjoy.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hello, everyone.

Zaku was reviewed in the latest issue of Retroaction magazine. The issue also features an interview with Osman and myself. Check it out, for free, by visiting their website -

http://retroactionmagazine.com/magazine/retroaction-issue-4/

Thanks for your interest and attention.

Edited by Clean Larry

Can I at least get a ballpark figure? A window of some sort?

"It's going to be some months yet" is as ballpark as I can get, for the moment. We're a small company with few employees, and none of us are getting rich from this business. Unfortunately this means we can't always predict with a fine science when new stock of a game will become available.

If you would like to be kept personally informed, you're more than welcome to send me an e-mail request (contact@superfighter.com) and I'll let you know as soon as the new stock is on its way from the factory.