IGNORED

T-N-T Terry Proto

Parrothead

Anyone know anything about this game?

http://www.gamegavel.com/item.cgi?show_item=0000217169

This game was showed years and years ago it was a bomberman clone. But nothing ever came of it outside of a couple demo carts from what I remember

http://www.atarihq.com/jaglynx/lynx/newstuff/tntterry.html

The original homepage is sitll online

http://home.wxs.nl/~lsimonis/lynx/

Edited by busterm

I have one of the prototypes of TNT Terry in my Lynx collection. The game is exactly like Bomberman and lots of fun, but it was never finished. If you get close to clearing the 1st level, it crashes.

It's a shame because this is the perfect type of game that works well on the Lynx screen and applies itself for ComLynx multiplayer fun.

i just noticed it actually had a bid for $250. i am kind of shocked.

unless you have extra cash to burn... this is not worth $250 the more i think about it.

I think it is only worth $100 tops. if there was a bidding war by a few of us lynx collectors that have to have them all.... then i could see the price driving upwards to the current bid. but a starting bid of that is amazing.

perhaps rygar will dump the rom or something. :)

I have one of the prototypes of TNT Terry in my Lynx collection. The game is exactly like Bomberman and lots of fun, but it was never finished. If you get close to clearing the 1st level, it crashes.

It's a shame because this is the perfect type of game that works well on the Lynx screen and applies itself for ComLynx multiplayer fun.

Hey Tom... is this like your version?

now that I can see the pictures at home, this looks more like a 'released' version. Did they release these at that Jag Fest by any chance?

I have been told there are only 2 protos

Hey Tom... is this like your version?

now that I can see the pictures at home, this looks more like a 'released' version. Did they release these at that Jag Fest by any chance?

I have been told there are only 2 protos

I'm not the one selling it, but the handwriting on the chip with the label looks exactly like mine and mine is labelled the same way (JagFest). I don't have the two pieces of documentation with instructions....I think the seller made those, which is a very nice touch. The screen shots look exactly like my game as well.

Makes me wonder what my prototype is worth...

Well... depends I guess. Perhaps someone would be interested, but it isn't an Atari prototype. That's just homemade thing. Not sure if it will garner that much money nor could it be classified as a proto.

Well, TNT-Terry isn't an official Atari prototype too, that's why I think its overpriced.

I saw the pics of TNT Terry first a few weeks ago on SwedenLynxer´s homebrew-project-thread, and it was a game that immediately catched my eye. Personally I think that Bomberman would be perfect for the Lynx, and Atari would have been wise back in the day to license it and bring a Lynx-version to push the benefits of the Comlynx.

Someone must definately do a Bomberman-game on Lynx. I once asked matashen, but I think he either did not know or did not like the game, so someone else has to do it.^^ Karri? ;)

I used to have the same game in my collection, it's from JagFest 98. That may even be the one I owned, I can't remember if I have it in my collection anymore or if I sold it. I'll have to go look - lol.

I made the instruction sheet that is pictured to sit at the table with the game so people would know how to play. Other than that, it's been years since I played it so I don't remember much but I do remember it crashing at the end of the first level, like has been stated here.

Laurens Simonis and I talked about the game (or that other one, para-lemmings?) on a fair in Eindhoven. I wasn't too excited about it because ut was made in C. I'm a bit ashamed of that because infact, it doesn't really matter how you make something as long as the result is good. It is sad he never finished the game. He must have put a lot of hours in it allready. I still see his name in social-networks, maybe we can ask him to finish it :)

I think bomberman is most fun played in multiplayer, but unfortunatly, I don't know any active lynx users :(

i just noticed it actually had a bid for $250. i am kind of shocked.

unless you have extra cash to burn... this is not worth $250 the more i think about it.

I think it is only worth $100 tops. if there was a bidding war by a few of us lynx collectors that have to have them all.... then i could see the price driving upwards to the current bid. but a starting bid of that is amazing.

perhaps rygar will dump the rom or something. :)

I wasn't too keen on whether it's a real proto or a copy, but seeings how Rygar is the one who placed a bid, I have to believe it is legit. (And of course, the conversation here lends credence to its legitimacy.)

If I had the cash, I'd start a bidding war with Rygar on it. :D But I can't justify spending that kind of money in my situation. I do hope he wins, if for no other reason than because he's an excellent fellow who is a true Lynx fan. I can't think of a better person to own this rare cart!

I also hope Rygar will dump the ROM on his site. In my opinion, it wouldn't hurt the price of the proto, being only 2 in existence. Since it sounds like it's basically a one-level demo, I would love to see and play it but not necessarily own it.

Cheers,

Smeg

It is sad he never finished the game. He must have put a lot of hours in it allready. I still see his name in social-networks, maybe we can ask him to finish it :)

Good idea. If you have contact with Laurens Simonis I think you should ask him. If he has no intention to work on the game again maybe he would be willing to share the TNT Terry code, so someone else could have a look at it and possible continue his work ? :)

It is sad he never finished the game. He must have put a lot of hours in it allready. I still see his name in social-networks, maybe we can ask him to finish it :)

Good idea. If you have contact with Laurens Simonis I think you should ask him. If he has no intention to work on the game again maybe he would be willing to share the TNT Terry code, so someone else could have a look at it and possible continue his work ? :)

...or at the very least, perhaps he'd share the .lnx file so we could check it out on Handy for ourselves.

Hey, I see Rygar won it. Way to go! :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Smeg

Yes I won, but I do not know if it is a good thing! I really thought that somebody else was above going to outbid... Voucher of quite manners the PCB is a pcb of video 61 and how their game are always extremely expensive I would have that has to say to me that it is as the demo of pounce that has me $80 and which is unplayable!

I found a working email address of Laurens :thumbsup:

Edited by roland p

Cheers,

Smeg

Yes I won, but I do not know if it is a good thing! I really thought that somebody else was above going to outbid... Voucher of quite manners the PCB is a pcb of video 61 and how their game are always extremely expensive I would have that has to say to me that it is as the demo of pounce that has me $80 and which is unplayable!

I'm sorry, Rygar, I don't quite understand what you are saying. I agree that the TNT Terry PCB is the same PCB that Video 61 uses. It's identical to both my copies of Pounce and Lode Runner, but it is also identical to my copy of Othello. (I don't remember where I got Othello from.)

The one difference I see from the GameGavel auction photo is it appears the chip is seated, not soldered directly to the board. All of Video 61's carts are soldered to the board.

Are you concerned this is not a true proto, but only a copy?

Cheers,

Smeg

There are only two copies of TNT Terry.

I believe this is one of them from what Tom explained (same hand-writing... same info on label). Rygar... it is legit, but you may have overpaid in some people's eyes. Afterall, it is a demo of an unfinished homebrew. I don't think I would have even paid that much for a Zaku proto... and trust me... I tried! Multiple times. Just make a run of 20 or so... burn the rom onto it and sell it for a small profit per cart price. We'll make sure you recoup some cost. :)

Cheers,

Smeg

I'm sorry, Rygar, I don't quite understand what you are saying. I agree that the TNT Terry PCB is the same PCB that Video 61 uses. It's identical to both my copies of Pounce and Lode Runner, but it is also identical to my copy of Othello. (I don't remember where I got Othello from.)

The one difference I see from the GameGavel auction photo is it appears the chip is seated, not soldered directly to the board. All of Video 61's carts are soldered to the board.

Are you concerned this is not a true proto, but only a copy?

Cheers,

Smeg

I made fun about the fact that the game was on a pcb identical to those of video 61 and thus it was normal that he is expensive (the video 61 games are generally very expensive price to compare in game of songbird or even in zaku).

It say I paid even more money for the game pits who is not even useful for little French!

When we love we do not look at the price ! :roll:

I made fun about the fact that the game was on a pcb identical to those of video 61 and thus it was normal that he is expensive (the video 61 games are generally very expensive price to compare in game of songbird or even in zaku).

It say I paid even more money for the game pits who is not even useful for little French!

When we love we do not look at the price ! :roll:

:) Okay, I understand now.

So, are you saying you don't think Bubble Trouble, Ultimate Chess or European Soccer are worth $100 USD? ;)

But as Eric said, if you did feel like making a small run of those carts, you would have at least a couple of sales from him and me. Us collectors need to stick together!

Cheers,

Smeg