IGNORED

Slush Puppie Video Game Game 1982 (picture of card)

pboland

I Found this Slush Puppie Video game Contest card behind the speaker grill of my Asteroids arcade machine. I originally posted about it in the Arcade forum area under Finding Odd Things in Your Arcade!

Now I'm looking for more information on the contest since I can't find any information on the web about it. I did find a forum site with a guy looking for a TV commercial of the Slush Puppie Video Game Game, but he never found a video.

I'm looking for info like: what were the prizes (outside of the intellivision shown in the picture)? Did every place that sold slush puppie give out these cards? Did anyone here remember playing the game and win a prize? Now that would be cool to hear about.

Before I forget, here are the pictures of the card:

post-9874-125686012831_thumb.jpg

post-9874-125686013595_thumb.jpg

Gotta love the mystery of not being able to find ANY information on it.

When I was a kid, me and my sister had this kids red record player called "Robo Tunes" (or maybe robot tunes), and had a cartoon picture of robots on it, it played a song, but I only remember "Hooray for the robot tunes!"

I have searched EVERY damn Sears and Woolworth catalog from the 80's, and NOTHING. I have asked on several vintage toy websites, even yahoo answers, and not one single person know what the hell I'm talking about. Its so frustrating!

When I was a kid, me and my sister had this kids red record player called "Robo Tunes" (or maybe robot tunes), and had a cartoon picture of robots on it, it played a song, but I only remember "Hooray for the robot tunes!"

I have searched EVERY damn Sears and Woolworth catalog from the 80's, and NOTHING. I have asked on several vintage toy websites, even yahoo answers, and not one single person know what the hell I'm talking about. Its so frustrating!

Well, I decided to email Slush Puppie directly. I doubt I will get a response, but you never know. I did find out that Slush Puppie was started in Cincinnati, Ohio in the early to mid 1970's so that might explain why I can't find any info on the subject. Heck, I thought Slush Puppie was everywhere when I was growing up. (I'm in Cincinnati) I didn't realize that it might be a regional thing. :roll:

was it this?

http://www.mercadolibre.com.mx/jm/img?s=MLM&f=27799494_8630.jpg

I Found this Slush Puppie Video game Contest card behind the speaker grill of my Asteroids arcade machine. I originally posted about it in the Arcade forum area under Finding Odd Things in Your Arcade!

Now I'm looking for more information on the contest since I can't find any information on the web about it. I did find a forum site with a guy looking for a TV commercial of the Slush Puppie Video Game Game, but he never found a video.

I'm looking for info like: what were the prizes (outside of the intellivision shown in the picture)? Did every place that sold slush puppie give out these cards? Did anyone here remember playing the game and win a prize? Now that would be cool to hear about.

Before I forget, here are the pictures of the card:

slush_puppie001.jpg

slush_puppie002.jpg

Im MD Slush Puppy was the brand in the 80's (7-11 and Highs carried them). I doubt there was any major marketing for them. Anything Slush Puppy related I found out walking into the 7-11 (oh, there is a 'baseball cup' promotion or the football helmet one). They probably just handed these out to kids who bought a large Slush Puppy would be my guess.

No idea on the other prizes - presume a free Slush Puppy was one ;)

That's really cool, let us know if you hear anything back from them.

Does anyone know what the Second and Third Prizes mentioned on the back of the game card was? Some kind of drum and something I don't reconize?

You don't remember the Mattel Electronics Synsonic Drums!?!?!? I'm sorry, we're going to have to revoke your 1980's id card. :D

Just looks like a lottery ticket where one can win a intellivision with 34 games and intellivoice with 3 voice games. And a intellivision game system. Other prices are non video game related. Just a product selling lottery.

After I did the original post I saw the prizes listed under the "odds of winning". I would still like to know how many winners there were and if they give out all the prizes.

FYI, I got a message back from Slush Puppie today that stated the following:

I apologize for the delayed response. I am still researching this for you. I should have an answer by the end of this week.

Here's keeping my fingers crossed. :)

Heh, I was born in 76....I love'd the 80's but I was just a kid. :)

No, I don't recall them at all, sorry. Never heard of them until I read the back of the game card.

Here's the "IAN". I don't really remember these....

Mattel IAN

I still have my IAN from when I was a kid. Great game. Put it on display at the MGC every year -

mwgc2009- 289

Edited by wgungfu

i dont think slush-puppies made its way to even columbus, they are liquified sno-cones and far inferior to icees

They sure were all over Cincinnati.

I guess that just one more way that Cincinnati > Columbus.

i grew up in cincinnati, but i dont remember seeing them much outside of the city

slush puppies just werent very good, they were watery sno-cones in a cup

I still have my IAN from when I was a kid.

So how many invisible aliens have you neutralized? And since they're invisible, how do you know for sure?

We certainly had Slush Puppies here (Knoxville, TN)... I hadn't really thought about it, but I guess over time everything changed to Icees.

I still have my IAN from when I was a kid.

So how many invisible aliens have you neutralized? And since they're invisible, how do you know for sure?

I know because it makes such wonderful and positive reinforcing sounds when one is neutralized. It was such a great game for making kids schizophrenic about invisible creatures running about. ;)

was it this?

http://www.mercadolibre.com.mx/jm/img?s=MLM&f=27799494_8630.jpg

PLEASE let me know what you typed in to find this. I have searched every search engine with "robo tune" "robot tunes" "robot record player" etc as well as hunt through every Sears catalog from the 80's and I could find nothing.

If I could just find the year and the name of the manufacturer, that would be enough. I really want to own one of these again, there has got to be one or two floating around out there.

Thanks for posting that.