IGNORED

Intellivision System III Issues

Hi everyone! I just got my first Intellivision! Woohoo from me! I bought it untested from Goodwill and traded acousticguitar for some carts (so I can guarantee the carts work!). Awesome!

The not so awesome part -- the intellivision loads Demon Attack perfectly with absolutely no problems. I was playing it for a bit and chose to put in Sea Battle. I have Demon Attack and all the (Battle) carts right now. None of these carts will load, to the best of my knowledge. I stick 'em in and the screen turns green, then purple, then turns black and then nothing -- is it loading or something? I couldn't figure it out and might just be too impatient.

Sea Battle eventually got to a 'mattel' screen and I pushed the button on the controller, causing the screen to go black. Then it just sat there.

Any suggestions? Patience is a virtue here?

I give EVERYTHING a thorough cleaning,including the port on the console,that eliminates problems 100% of the time,for me anyway,I've been lucky and never found a non working system that some cleaning couldn't help.The various methods used are numerous here at AA,a simple search will get you those.

Edited by Rik