IGNORED

3D Models of Atari Computers & Peripherals

UNIXcoffee928

Once you get over the considerable learning curve, it's one of the most professional-friendly software packages around. Ever single aspect of the user interface can be re-programmed / customized/automated using in-app scripting or user-written plug-ins. The speed and effeciency of operation once learned puts it far above all of the other 3D packages I've tried.

Once you get over the considerable learning curve, it's one of the most professional-friendly software packages around. Ever single aspect of the user interface can be re-programmed / customized/automated using in-app scripting or user-written plug-ins. The speed and effeciency of operation once learned puts it far above all of the other 3D packages I've tried.

3D in general is not too easy in the beginning, but once you understand what it is about, any program should be learnable in acceptable time. I just started about one year ago with Lightwave 3D which was very hard in the beginning. But when I started 3DS Max 6 months ago it was just learning where the tools are hidden here (but honestly: for modelling 3DS Max is a mess, I still prefer Lightwave).

Thanks for sharing. I try to work it over and make a LW 3D (*.lwo) object of it. Am I allowed to share that one here too?

3D in general is not too easy in the beginning, but once you understand what it is about, any program should be learnable in acceptable time. I just started about one year ago with Lightwave 3D which was very hard in the beginning. But when I started 3DS Max 6 months ago it was just learning where the tools are hidden here (but honestly: for modelling 3DS Max is a mess, I still prefer Lightwave).

Thanks for sharing. I try to work it over and make a LW 3D (*.lwo) object of it. Am I allowed to share that one here too?

Send me a message and a render when you're done and I'll incorporate it into the main distribution package. If you're interested in being credited for your work in the package's ReadMe, include your name/email as well.

• 7 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks cool, but is it dimensionally accurate? I would think some laser scans would be more likely effective if someone is creating an add-on that needs to fit inside or out.

Ha! No, it is in no way dimensionally accurate. I just didn't have either a real unit to measure or super accurate drawings to reference.