IGNORED

FC 16 Go - Portable SNES

• 1 month later...

Here's an interesting quirk I discovered and I am wondering if anyone else can try to duplicate the same for me

I was playing Super Wrestlemania today and found that it doesn't work properly in the FC 16. It seems to press Start on its own occasionally during matches and at the wrestler select screen it does it immediately. This means that any match I play, I have to be Randy Savage because it auto-selects him every time.

Very strange in any case. If anyone else has a Super WM cart around, maybe give this a try and see if it behaves the same?

Edited by figgler

• 2 weeks later...

I actually have the Japanese cartridge also and so tried that with a Honey Bee adaptor and got the same effect - pressing start and forcing player 1 t be the Macho Man, and also randomly pausing the game during fights.

• 2 weeks later...

I worked on mainly games with specialty chips. The following all test fine...

S-DD1

Street Fighter Alpha 2 USA (Oh yes)

Not on my machine for some reason. :? The sounds comes through alright, but the graphics are all messed up and it’s unplayable.

Here is my incompatibility list so far;

WWF Super Wrestlemania SNES and SFC – unit ‘presses start’ randomly during matches and also in the character select screen – forcing you to play as Macho Man every time.

Street Fighter Alpha 2 SNES – graphical problems, nothing is recognizable – just white bars

I assume version 2 is the same, but once I get one I’ll retest the same carts I have had issues with here.

• 4 months later...

Hi, do any of the cheat cartridges work with the FC16 version 1 or 2? I ask since I want to play SNES Zelda A Link To The Past (NTSC or PAL or maybe both) and I need to be able to cheat my way past certain sections of it, and I want to play Desert Strike and have a cheat for infinite fuel to work.

I have an original Game Genie for UK PAL SNES and was wondering if I could make it work with the FC16 1 or 2?

Also do the above two games work perfectly (particularly with regards to the sound on Zelda and the ability to save games) on the FC16 v1 and 2 ?

Has anyone got any decent pictures of the v2.1 unit with the glossy black finish?

I am considering buying this unit after trying to emulate the SNES (since I want a portable version) on my GBASP model 101 by using Snezziboy (which I couldn't even get to execute on either of my two PC's!) and SNES Advance and finding that I had no sound and the emulation speed was way too slow!

Cheers,

Alistair G.

It does work, but you wouldn't want it to. BBy that I mean, in my short time of owning the FC16 mk1, I did test to see if the Gamegenie would work, and mine did.

However, the FC16 has that whole "portable" thing going for it. And some of those finicky carts that don't want to work in the system alone, are going to be hell in the system on top of a genie.

Granted, the system does have the ability to be hooked to the TV set, so I suppose you could set your monster up and play it with the wireless controllers problem free, but then, what's the point of having a "GO" at that point.

Anyhow, as I said, it will work, but it may not be worth the hassle of deleted game saves and random shutoffs as the system is jiggled....especially against some of those boss fights, which I remember a few being real button mashers.

It does work, but you wouldn't want it to. BBy that I mean, in my short time of owning the FC16 mk1, I did test to see if the Gamegenie would work, and mine did.

However, the FC16 has that whole "portable" thing going for it. And some of those finicky carts that don't want to work in the system alone, are going to be hell in the system on top of a genie.

Granted, the system does have the ability to be hooked to the TV set, so I suppose you could set your monster up and play it with the wireless controllers problem free, but then, what's the point of having a "GO" at that point.

Anyhow, as I said, it will work, but it may not be worth the hassle of deleted game saves and random shutoffs as the system is jiggled....especially against some of those boss fights, which I remember a few being real button mashers.

Thanks for the info, it's appreciated. Yeah I have been using a Netmars GameBoy Emerger 16Mb Flash cart and an Action Replay Pokemon Crystal Edition so that I can play Zelda Links Awakening and Zelda Oracle of Ages and cheat to get past the tricky sections, and it's all worked wonderfully, saves were perfect on both games, played on either my GBC or my GBA SP model 101. I could shake the system and use the buttons heavily and no problems.

I hadn't considered that the Zelda cart sitting on top of the Game Genie or Action Replay cheat cart used on FC16 would be a wobbly set up! I don't like the sound of that, especially when as you mentioned it's hard enough as it is trying to get 2 old carts in a stack working when the edge connectors get oxidized and finicky...

Oohhh hang on I just had a thought though - I could play the game up to the difficult bit on the FC16, and then play the game with the cheat cart on it whilst it's sat on a table, using the wireless controllers so there's no jiggling, then saves would be fine, then continue on the FC16 once I'm past the boss!

Oh just remembered you mentioned that above! That's cool though!

On Desert Strike though I would need the infinite fuel cheat activated for long periods so that won't be practical in a portable setup on FC16 unless I can have a SNES Flash cart with a cheat enabled version of Desert Strike on it.

Cheers,

Alistair G.

Edited by Live_Steam_Mad

• 3 months later...

I'm from the UK and have ordered the fc 16 go (version 2.1) from stoneagegamer.com. Will the FC 16 go play most PAL games ok without any problems? I know that i'll either have to cut out the tabs inside or get a ntsc to pal converter.

Yes you must cut tabs out to use Super Famicom or EuroSNES in the FC-16 Go. Either that or actually cut grooves into your games. Check YouTube, I think there are a few videos of people showing how they modded it. If you have a Dremel it should be very easy. I am sure it can easily be done other ways.

Most PAL games should play fine on the built-in screen. However I believe the unit outputs in NTSC, so if you want to play on TV you either need a converter or a TV that can handle NTSC.

I worked on mainly games with specialty chips. The following all test fine...

S-DD1

Street Fighter Alpha 2 USA (Oh yes)

Not on my machine for some reason. :? The sounds comes through alright, but the graphics are all messed up and it’s unplayable.

Here is my incompatibility list so far;

WWF Super Wrestlemania SNES and SFC – unit ‘presses start’ randomly during matches and also in the character select screen – forcing you to play as Macho Man every time.

Street Fighter Alpha 2 SNES – graphical problems, nothing is recognizable – just white bars

I assume version 2 is the same, but once I get one I’ll retest the same carts I have had issues with here.

I have version 2.1

SFA2 works fine on mine:

61XqOtDr7ZL.jpg

You can see pics of mine here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media/product-gallery/B0030GV98S/ref=cm_ciu_pdp_images_all