IGNORED

New GUI for the Atari 8-bit

flashjazzcat

Managed this today:

post-21964-12947869477_thumb.png

It doesn't seem like much, but there are so many background "housekeeping" routines being written every step of the way, visible progress is slow. However, once all the ancilliary routines are written, things will speed up...

Can you post a video to see it in action?

Now I will have to spend hours this weekend digging through a few dozen boxes to try and find my ST mouse (which I don't even know whether or not it works).

Why? Just switch your CMI08 to ST-mouse mode!?!

Time to RTFM again! Is it a good thing or a bad thing when you have so much hardware you cannot remember how to use it all?

Brief taster video:

gui1.wmv

Sorry about the WMV format, Mac users. icon_ponder.gif

I have the doctors this afternoon for this throat, and the menu system is still quite buggy so it might be a day or two before it's 100% functional. A major discovery was that the mouse_hide and mouse_reveal functions have to wait a jiffy to ensure they are in sync with the stage 2 VBL, otherwise you get mouse pointers all over the place.

Edited by flashjazzcat
  • Like 2

On a mouse related subject, apart from Klony2010 what other games or apps use the Amiga mouse as its now emulated as well as the CX85 numeric pad in Altirra...

Cheers

Only app I can recall that is able to use Amiga mouse (aswell as ST mouse) is the Black Magic Composer. It should be in Port 2, and Amiga/ST modes can be switched by pressing Select.

Can someone remind me what the difference is in the bit readings for the Amiga mouse?

ST mouse: L->R xx10 xx11 xx01 xx00

ST mouse: U->D 10xx 11xx 01xx 00xx

Amiga: L->R 1x0x 0x0x 0x1x 1x1x

Amiga: U->D x0x1 x1x1 x1x0 x0x0

I hope that's clear enough...

Edited by Alphasys

On a mouse related subject, apart from Klony2010 what other games or apps use the Amiga mouse as its now emulated as well as the CX85 numeric pad in Altirra...

Cheers

Only app I can recall that is able to use Amiga mouse (aswell as ST mouse) is the Black Magic Composer. It should be in Port 2, and Amiga/ST modes can be switched by pressing Select.

Thanks...Just keen to test as much as I can...

On a mouse related subject, apart from Klony2010 what other games or apps use the Amiga mouse

Programs that use the Amiga mouse:

- Black Magic Composer by Sven Tegethoff for Ulf Petersen, 1991

- Bombdown, demo-version by Roemer of UNO

- Bombdown, full-version by Roemer of UNO

- Multi-Player by MadTeam (PD)

- TRS Desktop by Tristesse, 2006

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/atari-8-bit/faq/section-74.html

Brief taster video:

gui1.wmv

Sorry about the WMV format, Mac users. icon_ponder.gif

I have the doctors this afternoon for this throat, and the menu system is still quite buggy so it might be a day or two before it's 100% functional. A major discovery was that the mouse_hide and mouse_reveal functions have to wait a jiffy to ensure they are in sync with the stage 2 VBL, otherwise you get mouse pointers all over the place.

Looks incredible, nice work!

Steve

Does Boss-X work with SpartaDOS X?

No, unfortunately not. It's for use with Atari-DOS 2.5, Turbo-DOS, and MyDOS.

SpartaDOS doesn't run the original version of Turbo-BASIC, and it shows directories in a different way as MyDOS does.

Edited by atarixle

Wow - this is tough going. I'm coding up the recursive parser for the cascading menus. Perfectly logical and working well, but extremely labour-intensive. icon_eek.gif

Looks incredible, nice work!

Thanks. icon_smile.gif

This video is a joy to see.

Jon, this project must have the priority over other unimportant tasks! icon_wink.gif

Try telling that to my wife. icon_mrgreen.gif Variety is the spice of life, Phil; I'll make some time to start your stuff next week. I don't want to end up with a backlog of unfinished jobs.

Does Boss-X work with SpartaDOS X?

No, unfortunately not. It's for use with Atari-DOS 2.5, Turbo-DOS, and MyDOS.

SpartaDOS doesn't run the original version of Turbo-BASIC, and it shows directories in a different way as MyDOS does.

That's a shame. I was testing the previous pre-install release the other week and I copied the whole volume onto an SDX MyIDE partition, figuring it would fly along. I quickly realized that version didn't like SDX's path delimiters, though, when it crashed. I'll have to try it with MyDOS and the IDEa some time. It might be worth coding up support for the '<' and '>' path delimiters. Disk I/O becomes a serious overhead with a system that size, and SpartaDOS X + hard disk makes mincemeat of I/O times.

Edited by flashjazzcat